Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:44 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Looks like we'll be having chinese tomorrow as part of oldest daughter's birthday celebrations but hopefully we'll burn it off in advance as we are going swimming first! Picture this - a 3 year old, a 5 year old and a just 7 year old trying to master the art of using chopsticks! I wouldn't like to clear up round the table after we have left!

(Please let me only have a small portion!)

Binbird
Old Apr 17th 2005, 11:08 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Looks like we'll be having chinese tomorrow as part of oldest daughter's birthday celebrations but hopefully we'll burn it off in advance as we are going swimming first! Picture this - a 3 year old, a 5 year old and a just 7 year old trying to master the art of using chopsticks! I wouldn't like to clear up round the table after we have left!

(Please let me only have a small portion!)

Binbird
Have you got a dog that could hoover up bits for you? If not you could be finding rice for weeks! It will be fun watching them though.

Anyway how is everyone this morning? The sun is out here and hubby and the boys are outside "cleaning the outside areas", tidying and sweeping the sawdust from all the sawing he has been doing. Give a man a power tool and he will be quiet for days! Daughter stayed at a friends last night and is not home yet. I am supposed to be doing some college work, but you know how it is, just have to check everyone is ok first!

Yesterday was a good day, but the after effects of that pizza was a bloated feeling all day, but feel much better today. I think I have learned my lesson, junk food does not agree with me so I should stick to the good stuff. It may taste nice at the time but if it makes me suffer for 24 hours it is just not worth the grief.

Hope everyone has a good day, off to get a cuppa nad do some work on my books! Have fun all.

Shirley
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:35 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
Good to see that you are all well and supporting each other on your weight loss.
Haven't been here for a while, been very busy as I started a new job a few weeks ago. I left my last job at the end of Jan, sort of pushed and jumped. I had always told them that we were going to Oz and told them that we had to be out there by the end of Jan to validate visas, we didn't bank on the fact that we wouldn't have sold the house then and that the trip to Oz was only a 10 day trip in the end just to validate. Anyway they started interviewing for my replacement at the end of November so I had to go.
Now in a terrible position as I have taken on a new job and not told them of my plans, feel terrible, but needs must. I did try to find a temp job offering similar hours and pay but just couldn't find anything, and being as our mortgage offer had finished, and we didn't renegotiate as we didn't think we would be here we now have a £1000 per month mortgage to pay.
Back to the important bit, in the past few weeks I have managed to shift 8lb and now weigh dead on 12 stone and hoping to get below that mill stone of 12st that seems to elude me. Have been doing all red days on the slimming world plan and am doing the Davina DVD every other day although only managing warm up and 2 of the sections at a time. 3 sections just finishes me off but hoping to be able to do all 3 in a few weeks time once I have built up my stamina. Went off the rails a bit on Friday and drank much too much Bacardi and diet coke and then came home a bit worse for wear and ate 2 slices of Tesco Lemon Tarte with double cream, but managed to not do my usual "oh sod it, I have blown it and what else can I eat" and got back on plan the next day.
Keep up the good work all of you! hope to come back on here next week and post that I am below 12st as that would be a big personal triumph for me.

Sharon
xxxx
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Back to the important bit, in the past few weeks I have managed to shift 8lb and now weigh dead on 12 stone and hoping to get below that mill stone of 12st that seems to elude me. Have been doing all red days on the slimming world plan and am doing the Davina DVD every other day although only managing warm up and 2 of the sections at a time. 3 sections just finishes me off but hoping to be able to do all 3 in a few weeks time once I have built up my stamina. Went off the rails a bit on Friday and drank much too much Bacardi and diet coke and then came home a bit worse for wear and ate 2 slices of Tesco Lemon Tarte with double cream, but managed to not do my usual "oh sod it, I have blown it and what else can I eat" and got back on plan the next day.
Keep up the good work all of you! hope to come back on here next week and post that I am below 12st as that would be a big personal triumph for me.

Sharon
xxxx
Sending you karma to help you get below 12 st. Am in same position as you, but am now 2 lb away again. 11st 13 just always eludes me !
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi Everyone
Good to see that you are all well and supporting each other on your weight loss.
Haven't been here for a while, been very busy as I started a new job a few weeks ago. I left my last job at the end of Jan, sort of pushed and jumped. I had always told them that we were going to Oz and told them that we had to be out there by the end of Jan to validate visas, we didn't bank on the fact that we wouldn't have sold the house then and that the trip to Oz was only a 10 day trip in the end just to validate. Anyway they started interviewing for my replacement at the end of November so I had to go.
Now in a terrible position as I have taken on a new job and not told them of my plans, feel terrible, but needs must. I did try to find a temp job offering similar hours and pay but just couldn't find anything, and being as our mortgage offer had finished, and we didn't renegotiate as we didn't think we would be here we now have a £1000 per month mortgage to pay.

Sharon
xxxx
Hi there Sharon

I know what you are going through with the bad feelings in your job by not telling them your plans. We cannot tell anyone because it would affect the business which is now up for sale. It could ruin trade and we might not even be able to sell. A bit like you not selling your house, it would mess up our plans. The thing is, it does make you feel a bit uncomfortable. So only family and a couple of close friends know about this and we are now nearing the end of the visa application. House goes up for sale on 1st of June when we shall be explaining to people that we are looking for something a bit bigger and a quieter road for the children. We won't be saying that house will be in Aus.

I think that is why this forum gives me a release when I have to bottle it up all day every day, until such times that we are able to go public.

....back to the diet.... you said you are struggling to shift. I may be completely wrong but could it be because you are sticking with the red days. Perhaps if you juggled a couple of green days in here and there that might possibly help. Just a suggestion!

Well done for not resisting further temptation the other night. It is so easy when you have had something 'bad' especially after a couple of drinks. But you were straight back on the next day, so you did quite well there.

Theresa
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi Shaz,
Congrats for losing 8lbs good on ya! Hi Theresa and the other one lol. It's morning what do you want.
You know it is crap isn't it, youo can't tell anybody anything! My mum knows I am going but I think she is not fully aware yet adn there are other people who I want to talk to about this but can't. My sister goes in a week. I have to go to a party for her on Saturday and I feel forced into going! I want to say goodbye my own way! Oh well.

However I am doing really well this week with the diet. So I might have some good news on Wed about moving from one stone to another you know what I mean. I am not posting my weight cos I have a long way to go and writing it down only scares me when I get to say...................... 14 stone I will tell you what I was. I will still need to lose another 2 stone after that to get a decent BMI. God made me stunted!!!! LOL LOL
have a good day
University awaits the wicked!!!

Byeeeeeeee
Lace x
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:49 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Sharon
xxxx

Sharon Well done and under stress aswell, keep up the good work, and if you do get stuck you can always shock your body with a green day as hooperhome says (or shock it with bacardi and diet (very good) coke and two slices of lemon tarte with double cream :scared: ) Very impressed that you got back on it that day instead of writting off the whole day.

I am finding that this visa lark is not very character building, in fact it is turning me into a first class liar. If I do not lie to peoples faces, I lie by default (of just not telling them something). There are so many people that could be upset, jobs etc that would do the dirty if they knew, neighbours that get funny, and jump on the band wagon of house selling and many more.

Thanks for the karma and get well messages, I am feeling much better, but have also stopped the grapefruit under advice, so could have got over bug, or as mandi says got over starting effects of such a stringent diet, friend has a book, foods that harm and heal and apparently it says that citric fruit can cause joint pain or it least aggrevate it, and grapefruit must be the most citric, so have stopped eating them and will add them back in tommorrow and test that thearoy (cant remember how it spell that). Weigh in tommorrow so will see if the diet has worked (with or without the grapefruit) feel quite positive as 1st belly (bit under boobs seems to have shrunk) yes I know I am sad/odd person to name bits of my anatomy.

Good luck and good happenings to everyone for this week

Nicky
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:56 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

See all we have to do is laugh more!

Laugh more

Laughter is good for the mind, body, and soul. The ability to enjoy a good giggle not only makes you very desirable company, but laughter has also been shown to reduce stress hormones, boost immune function, trigger the release of endorphins (the body's natural painkillers), and produce a general sense of wellbeing. And, as an added bonus, it also gives your abs a good workout!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:08 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to see you back Sharon

Well girls I think I've gone and totally lost it! I just can't seem to get back on track, what is the matter with me?? When I was eating healthy I felt good, I wouldn't say great but I felt ok, now since I've been eating cr@p I feel tired, lethargic and I'm coming out in spots, what can I do?

Getting down because we can't sell the house, if we could get the viewers through the door I'm sure we could sell it, but there are no viewers! Have put the house on with another agent so hopefully when they've advertised it and sent the details out we may get a flurry of activity, or is that just wishful thinking?

Had a few errands around town today and I found it hard work, got out of breath and got very red in the face, I seem to be on a slippery slope! I also had a letter from Weight Watchers asking me back, think I may go back as I can't seem to do it on my own!

Hope everyone else is having a better time of it than me.

Mandi
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:34 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, hope yo uare all doing well this morning.

Well done on the 8lb Sharon. Hope the new job is going ok. Fingers crossed for next week.

Mandi don't beat yourself up about it. You are under pressure with your house at the minute, relax, give yourself a break, you are only human you know. Just take it one day at a time, and if you need to go back to WW, do. I am considering going back to Slimming World as I had 3 days this week when I lost control slightly. A pizza, garlic bread, Lambrusco, and a whole packet of orange chocolate digestives, oh yes nearly forgot the jaffa cakes!
Like you I felt crap, the pizza really did not have a good effect on me. And I have found my hand straying to the biscuit barrrel too.

I gave the gym a miss as I woke up with a headache which I cannot shift. I did make sure I went to do my shopping for this week though, to stop me eating crap again. However, I did buy Jaffa cakes again. I think I am addicted. But this time I have given them to hubby, so he can ration them if and when I have enough syns left to eat them!

I found myself volunteering to help out a friend this morning. She has just bought a stables and stud business and has lost 2 stone within a couple of months. I said, jokingly, oooh I could do with losing that amount I'll come and give you a hand. So she said yes please do. So while at Tesco I bought a pair of value jeans (£3) and I am going to go next week.

Well hope you all have a good day, Lace hope you behaved at Uni!!!

See ya's later

Shirley
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:40 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi everyone, hope yo uare all doing well this morning.

Well done on the 8lb Sharon. Hope the new job is going ok. Fingers crossed for next week.

Mandi don't beat yourself up about it. You are under pressure with your house at the minute, relax, give yourself a break, you are only human you know. Just take it one day at a time, and if you need to go back to WW, do. I am considering going back to Slimming World as I had 3 days this week when I lost control slightly. A pizza, garlic bread, Lambrusco, and a whole packet of orange chocolate digestives, oh yes nearly forgot the jaffa cakes!
Like you I felt crap, the pizza really did not have a good effect on me. And I have found my hand straying to the biscuit barrrel too.

I gave the gym a miss as I woke up with a headache which I cannot shift. I did make sure I went to do my shopping for this week though, to stop me eating crap again. However, I did buy Jaffa cakes again. I think I am addicted. But this time I have given them to hubby, so he can ration them if and when I have enough syns left to eat them!

I found myself volunteering to help out a friend this morning. She has just bought a stables and stud business and has lost 2 stone within a couple of months. I said, jokingly, oooh I could do with losing that amount I'll come and give you a hand. So she said yes please do. So while at Tesco I bought a pair of value jeans (£3) and I am going to go next week.

Well hope you all have a good day, Lace hope you behaved at Uni!!!

See ya's later

Shirley
Thanks Shirley, what I really need is a good kick up the backside and to take a grip of myself, think it all stated after I'd listened to Paul McKenna, maybe I've got some deep seated problem and the hypnotherapy has bought to ahead or I'm just a pig!!

Really envious of you working with the horses I'm hoping that once I get to Oz I can take up horse riding, but I need to lose a few stone so I don't break the horses back Have fun

Mandi
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:53 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by mandi248
Thanks Shirley, what I really need is a good kick up the backside and to take a grip of myself, think it all stated after I'd listened to Paul McKenna, maybe I've got some deep seated problem and the hypnotherapy has bought to ahead or I'm just a pig!!

Really envious of you working with the horses I'm hoping that once I get to Oz I can take up horse riding, but I need to lose a few stone so I don't break the horses back Have fun

Mandi
Not so sure about the horses, i have been on one on two occassions. The first time was ok, they gave me a slow one. The second time they thought they had given me a slow one. Until another horse came galloping past us, mine decided he would follow! I lost one stirrup, then another and started sliding round the horse, till I fell off. We were on a beach, I was wearing brown boots and a brown duffle coat so I merged in. Unfortunately where I happened to fall off was on some large rocks! That hurt, but what hurt even more was when I popped my head up and got clipped in the head by another horse!! When they eventually caught my horse I did get back on, but I haven't been on one since. So I think I will stick to clening them out for now. Who knows maybe one day I will want to get back on one. But I am looking forward to the physical exercise.

Have you stopped doing the Paul McKenna then, if you thinks that is what has set you off? Things that work for other people don't necessarily work for you, you just need to find your own method.

Shirley
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi there everybody

To those of you who are struggling, you CAN do it. Just focus on your new life in Australia and take it a day at a time and you will reach your goals. We are in this together now, aren't we girls?

I was supposed to do my workout this morning but decided against it because I sort of did something to my back over the weekend. You know when you just bend down to plug in the iron.....it went! It's not too bad now but I will wait till tomorrow morning now to attempt it. Not the end of the world.

By the way, I went to the hairdressers a week ago on Friday. Went in for my usual top up foils (always been blonde). However I left the salon as a brunette, gave my hubby the shock of his life!!! I am quite pleased with it and now he is treating me to a session of sun beds to give me a bit of colour.

Sort of doing okay with the food, have got rewards lined up. But the big bonus is the boob job which I would quite like for my birthday, I will be the big 40 in August. If I have this op I am not supposed to do long flights for 3 months, therefore I really need to get to my goals quick. Preferably would want op 1 month before birthday, therfore need to reach goal by July.
So I have got to stick with it. And I definitely feel much more committed since joining the Dieters for Oz. So thankyou girls for listening.

Speak to you later
Theresa
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:48 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandi248
Glad to see you back Sharon

Well girls I think I've gone and totally lost it! I just can't seem to get back on track, what is the matter with me?? When I was eating healthy I felt good, I wouldn't say great but I felt ok, now since I've been eating cr@p I feel tired, lethargic and I'm coming out in spots, what can I do?

Getting down because we can't sell the house, if we could get the viewers through the door I'm sure we could sell it, but there are no viewers! Have put the house on with another agent so hopefully when they've advertised it and sent the details out we may get a flurry of activity, or is that just wishful thinking?

Had a few errands around town today and I found it hard work, got out of breath and got very red in the face, I seem to be on a slippery slope! I also had a letter from Weight Watchers asking me back, think I may go back as I can't seem to do it on my own!

Hope everyone else is having a better time of it than me.

Mandi
I know exactly how you feel Mandi, we've been on the market since June. Have already dropped by 10k are now thinking another 10k might just do it but our estate agent says NO, DON'T DO IT! Well at least he's confident.
Yup I'm spotty again too. Sounds disgusting but my boils are back too. Been back to doc again today, this time he has given me a massive dose of antibiotics and another few weeks off work. Like Shazza, I've been pushed out at work. For nearly a year I kept it a secret that we were going then someone (the head I think) let the cat out of the bag. The staff have made my life hell since, if I could change jobs I would.
Come on chick, start climbing that slope again. You can do it. Will try to send you some karma to help you on your way.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:56 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

So many of you to respond to today - I'm losing track of everybody!

Mandi, have sent you karma coz I understand exactly what you mean with the house. Ours has been on the market for 6 months and we had viewers aplenty initially (and one offer which fell through) but in the last 3 months I think we have only had 3 people through the door and the last ones were over 3 weeks ago. I turned to comfort eating and went through a bad spell about 6 weeks ago and then I found this thread! Since then I have lost half a stone! Thanks guys!

My weigh in today was the same as last week - 9st 3lbs and I am pleased not to have gained as it was my daughter's birthday yesterday and we went out for a chinese meal (so no rice at home being trodden into the carpet for the next month!) and I just had to have a slice of birthday cake and couldn't resist a chocolate coated coconut macaroon. I was convincing myself of the damage limitation technique this weekend though and went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday! And have been again this morning too - ran 4km and my husband has challenged me to enter a local 10km event so if I am to stand any chance of completing that I shall need to keep the weight off. . . .
I intend to get some sponsorship and try and raise some money for our village playgroup as I think that this is the only way that I will actually see it through!

Anyone else on the Monday weigh-in?!

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.