Dieter's for OZ

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by mandi248
Well done I'm sure the wiggles count for something!! I haven't got snow here I wish we did as it may be the last time I see any for a long time.
Well my week hasn't been too bad Sunday was my worst day, I worked a 16 hour day (I'm an on-call theatre Nurse) and I couldn't stop eating (when I had the time!) I was eating all the free food on the "no count" but I still can't help feeling that I was eating too much, although I do deserve a pat on the back one of the doctors on Tuesday bought buns, I asked for a banana, then we had a rep come in and he brought cream cakes, donuts, chocolate eclairs and strawberries, I had the strawberries wasn't I good! bloody medicals!! I would've had one if it hadn't been for those. shame there isn't a smilie with a halo.
Weigh in tomorrow so we shall see if saying no to the cakes has made a difference.
Hi all,
Been reading all your thoughts and experiences, I've been carrying around an extra 1 & half stone for about 2 years now, tryed w.w, atkins, gym, went twice, made mistake of signing up, just cancelled D.D at bank but in all it cost me £57 Bad move! best thing for me was the "Hot Pants Workout", I lost over a stone then Hubby said I'd lost too much, CANT WIN, so I got complacent and in no time back to where I started!
At moment trying only fruit before noon & no carbs after 5pm.
Jeans are feeling more comfy but boobies dissapearing!
I also give it up at week-end and treat myself (I dont go mad) but there is this fab keebab shop in town that delivers huge keebabs in naan bread with garlic mayo and chilli sauce ( drooling on comp!).
I have notice though with the process of Emigration, when good news or we reach another stage I feel like celebrating, sometimes its a night on the , then the obligatory take-away, sometimes its going out for lunch, with the obligatory , what-ever, its all bloody Oz's Fault
Anyway, wishing you all a happy thin year,
Tina
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:51 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Have you found the belt to make much difference? From what I've read about them I was under the impression that they don't actually help lose weight. They may provide some slight toning to the abdominal muscles however if one has a bit of a belly then it won't make a visible difference.

It's funny how the people in the adverts for these things are all super fit men and women who don't need to use them (unless they are wanting you to believe that just using the ab-belts will make you look like that!!! )

It would be great if there was some magic pill however I think there are no short cuts to losing weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume which means eating less, burning more.

Now repeat after me... "One, Two, Step!, One, Two, Three, Four and Switch...!"

Alex
Have to say that I used it last year to get into shape for going on holiday and it did help to tone me up a bit. Guess that if Im really going to do it properly though, then it means dragging my lazy backside off the sofa and actually going to the gym in my lunchbreak
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:35 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I'm trying to lose weight too, I bought myself the Ministry of Sound Dance Workout (based on the Call on Me video) and it's brilliant, really fun as well as hard work!!!

So far havent lost a single pound in weight BUT I have gone from a size 16 to a size 14, so something's obviously working somewhere!!

I try and do the DVD at least twice a week (it's just over an hour long) plus trying to stick to WW points and not eat carp.

The main reason for losing is for the medicals, but needed to lose it anyway!!! Currently 13 stone, hoping to get to between 10 and 10 1/2.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hey mandi Baby, go go go! You have a halo in my eyes. You did well, I lost nothing this week guys but I did stay the same. Nasty old pizza!!!! Medicals Medicals Medicals POO POO POO
speak you all after
love Lace
Keep the faith X
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Just had a squiz at the responses at this and I can honestly say I can relate to...yep, all of them. What is it with us women and our food??? I have some friends, who are positively tiny (after having 2 kids!), ones that are naturally slim, but could tone, and ones that have "blossomed" after their kids and have struggled to get back to a shape they're happy with.

My concern is I've not even had a sprog yet!! I'm 5ft 6" (just!), and am well endowed in the chest department, (got some spare going to a good home if anyone wants it??) My pal reckons there's "at least a stone in them!", but I'm 11 stone, and after doing Scottish Slimmers, I reached my target of 9 stone 12, and with a bit of good old stress got down to 9 st. 9. Since then, over the last year and a half I've steadily gone up to my 11 stone. Never seem to go over, so I kid myself it's my fighting weight!

At the moment, with the "big trip" occurring in just under 3 weeks, it's celebration lunch/dinner/drinks constantly!! We both need to lose, and are saying that'll it'll be different over there. You know, "you eat less in the heat, more salads, better quality of fruit etc"

I had the Big Brother winner Kate's video, and it was good, but I pulled a muscle one day and used it as an excuse to never go back! I have such a sweet tooth, that's my problem. Thing is I've done it once, so I know I can. Ho hum..
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:01 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Well had my weigh in on thursday, i know bit slow in posting it! busy days at work etc etc (excuses, excuses! ) well I only lost half a pound! all that bloody excersise and turning down cream cakes when i got home i ate 1/2 bar of chocolate, a packet of crisps and 2 pieces of hot buttered toast and 3 glasses of wine, oops, although with hindsight think i was pre-menstual so i'll just have to keep at it and hope i do better next week.
How's everyone else getting on with the videos etc?
mandi
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:06 pm
wombat42

We don't let fat people immigrate to OZ, We don't let middle aged or old people ( over 45) immigrate to OZ, next thing you know we won't let ugly people in.

Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Logan can empathis and Mandi well done any loss is better than no loss at all. I am sat here on a Saturday night with no wine or anything and only 2 points left. Well...... what to have, what to have. A dilema!
You right about the ugly thing wombat but to be fair it doesn't cause health problems just sight ones ha ha ha.
Keep up the good work guys I weight in on Wed
keep ya posted
love Lace
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:35 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,
Well I cheated, Paul McKenna says not to weigh for 2 weeks. I got to the 10 day stage and could take it no longer. I had a sneeky peek and found that I'd lost 3lb, yeah! Maybe there is some truth in what he says. 3lb every 10 days will suit me nicely, .
Keep at it, hugs.
Sarah
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I have now lost a stone since January when I joined Rosemary Conley. Yippeee , but still got anoher three to go

Have bought the Davina workout and it is pretty fab. I do go to the gym but use the dvd when I can't get there. Only problem is I've been ill the last couple of weeks so haven't been able to exercise and now I just don't want to !!

Keep up the good work everyone !
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:39 am

How long does it take to actually lose weight?

I've been doing my DVD twice a week most weeks, sometimes only once a week, since January - everything's getting toned but no weight coming off..

Someone help me...
Old Feb 27th 2005, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
How long does it take to actually lose weight?

I've been doing my DVD twice a week most weeks, sometimes only once a week, since January - everything's getting toned but no weight coming off..

Someone help me...
I went to the gym 3/4 times a week for two years with no weight loss just toning and inch loss !!

I'm afraid the weight loss only comes if you add it to a healthy eating plan. In addition it would help if you could exercise a minimum of 3 times a week to see any real benefits as this will keep your metobolic rate up.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

Oh bridiej, your doing really well. sometimes weight and your body has a mind of it's own. I did everything last week and stayed the same. The week before I cheated like crazy and it came off.
Just keep on plukking away and you will win
good luck I weigh in on Wed
love Lace
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:13 am

I have gone for a much healthier diet, eating food cooked to weightwatchers recipes six nights out of seven, eating less snacks and chocolate...

I guess it might happen eventually, frustrating nonetheless!!

Fraid I struggle to fit twice a week into my schedule, would love to do more but just no way...

Thanks for your words of support though!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:33 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
I have gone for a much healthier diet, eating food cooked to weightwatchers recipes six nights out of seven, eating less snacks and chocolate...

I guess it might happen eventually, frustrating nonetheless!!

Fraid I struggle to fit twice a week into my schedule, would love to do more but just no way...

Thanks for your words of support though!
Hiya bridiej,
It can be done without exercise but I wouldn't recommend it. Apart from the fact that it is very slow, it's not really the healthy way to lose weight. I lost about 28 of my 33 lbs doing atkins without doing a single exercise. I am now a size 14 but with loads of wobbly bits and my thighs didn't really lose anything at all. I bought myself a trampette (£18 from Index) and even if I only manage to do 5 mins bouncing a day that is fine. According to Gillian McKeith 5 mins on there is the equivalent to a 15 min run. I put the dinner on then have a bounce while pots etc are cooking. If I'm really good and I have been recently, I'll go up to the freezing cold shed and do 40 mins on my ski machine.
Just remember a little is better than none at all. Keep up the hard work.
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.