Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:55 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Binbird are you ready for the weight in!!!!?????

I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 4 pounds since last Monday - so very pleased and I feel that is really good for my 1st week on diet. I am still sticking to my points allowance on WW and am managing fine - I feel like i'm getting plenty to eat and I still save enough points for a treat or 2 in the evning - ie. a low cal packet of crisps and a curly wurly. Although I still have a good way to go, I feel better and lighter for even losing 4 pounds.

How did you get on?

Lynn
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:57 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rabc
Well since getting my meds request on 11 Feb (7 months before I expected it ) I have been excercising and dieting religiously. I walked 8 miles yesterday and swam ½ mile, ate 1200 cals. I do 1 hrs vigorous excercise every day and eat a very controlled balanced diet (<1500 cals per day).

Not once have I broken the regime My big worry was that although I am fairly fit (BP 185/20, Cholestoral 4.5, Neg Urine Sugar, no heart probs, fully mobile etc) my BMI is, and still is over 40. I looks now that despite the hard work, with only 3 weeks to go I still have around 1½ stone to shed which aint possible to get under 40 in time. I will stick with it but it seems like I am fighting a losing battle (as far as the meds are concerned) I have been reducing my weight for a few months now slowly and sustainably because I need to!

Everything else is now in place including the bond, and I am preparing myself for an ineviable refusal.
Firstly, let me congratulate you on your regime, it's not easy to maintain but you have, so well done, secondly I don't think they will refuse you just because your BMI is over 40 especially if all the other tests are "normal" I have read on other threads that they do not fail you on just a high BMI. In fact someone on here had a BMI of 44 and still passed, I think they were classed as a cat b but were still granted their visa. So don't worry so much or you will end up with a high B/P!!
Good luck with your meds, let us know how you get on
mandi
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:57 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Binbird are you ready for the weight in!!!!?????

I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 4 pounds since last Monday - so very pleased and I feel that is really good for my 1st week on diet. I am still sticking to my points allowance on WW and am managing fine - I feel like i'm getting plenty to eat and I still save enough points for a treat or 2 in the evning - ie. a low cal packet of crisps and a curly wurly. Although I still have a good way to go, I feel better and lighter for even losing 4 pounds.

How did you get on?

Lynn
Well done
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey!

I was under the impression that if your BMI was >40 then this was not condusive with good health and therefore a fail. As far as I am aware nothing else if wrong.

I must admit, I do see it as a little strange that HIV is OK if under control but a BMI over 40 you don't even get the change to reduce it.

I am filled with optimism again, Thank you very much for your advice

Rob

Last edited by Rabc; Mar 21st 2005 at 12:27 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

aww Lynn that is great news about your loss. Keep it going honey. The BMI thing isn't the issue really, it is the fact that we will all have worked so hard in our jobs, lives, education and such that when you get to the medical soemthing that you can control if you want to could make you lose your dream. If I suddenly (God forbid) get cancer or something there isn't a darn thing I can do about it, thats the way it is but my weight is an on going thing every and if I want this change of lifestyle so much then i have to change my lifestyle. If you know what I mean!

I cheated yesterday but hey that was yesterday, today, I haven't cheated! In the end I only cheat myself and Manchster is so crap I want to be anywhere else but here.
Love Lace
x
Old Mar 21st 2005, 2:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Well done with your weight loss Lyn, I'll find out tomorrow if I have lost anything. I doubt it though. I was good all week and mainly ate No Count soups as I knew we were going away for weekend. Here's how I got on:
Sat: Breakfast - packet of crisps and latte, Mid morning snack - toasted sandwhich, Lunch - ribs and jacket potato (no Butter) and 2 pints of lager, did loads of exercise jumping up and down shouting for Wales, lol, Dinner-2 more pints of lager, a prawn pahtia, 1/2 a naan bread and 3 spoons of basmati rice
Sun: Breakfast - McDonalds flat bread and 1/2 small portion of chips, Lunch- 2 pieces of KFC (we were at theme park, what else could I eat?), Dinner - beans on toast.
How do you think I'll get on at WW this week?, pmsl. Oh dear I don't think she is going to be happy.
I started on the Gi Points Diet this morning, actually quite easy to follow. Have 2 weeks on 17 points made up of three meals and three snacks each day and then go onto 20 to lose weight once I get to target I can have 23 or more.
Hope you all have a good week, love and smaller (as you are all getting thinner) hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:00 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi you guys

Ok - weighed in at 9st 7 lbs. I don't know how much I lost in the week as I didn't want to weigh myself at the beginning of the week as I thought I might die of shock! I reckon though that it is about a 3-4lb weight loss.

Had a really good weekend from an eating perspective and need to keep up the good work this week but then I am off to Ireland for 5 nights on Thursday :scared: what happens to the healthy eating then?! It should be an active week though so hope to exercise off any excess calories that might decide to hop in my mouth!

Somebody please answer my query about BMI. If I use one of the web site calculators I get a very respectable 22%, however, our scales record it and depending on the time of day it can be anything between 28% and 31%. I know which one I would like to believe but which reading do you lot go on? What is the most reliable way to calculate BMI?

Binbird
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:06 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Went over to a friends for lunch today (took some salad bits with me as a contribution and to ensure there was something healthy for me!) and gave her a bag of galaxy easter eggs. GALAXY - MY FAVOURITE! She opened them then and there but I managed to decline with a smile on my face! Brownie points please!!!!!!

I must be making progress if I can turn down one of the best things in the world to eat! It's a favourite of yours too isn't it Mandi - I seem to recall you mentioning it on another thread!

Binbird
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:13 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by binbird
Went over to a friends for lunch today (took some salad bits with me as a contribution and to ensure there was something healthy for me!) and gave her a bag of galaxy easter eggs. GALAXY - MY FAVOURITE! She opened them then and there but I managed to decline with a smile on my face! Brownie points please!!!!!!

I must be making progress if I can turn down one of the best things in the world to eat! It's a favourite of yours too isn't it Mandi - I seem to recall you mentioning it on another thread!

Binbird
Yes Galaxy is my favourite I think you deserve at least 10 brownie points for turning it down, I would have found it extremely difficult too, if I could stop at 1 I wouldn't have a problem but once I've tasted it that's it I have to have the lot!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:57 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you guys

Ok - weighed in at 9st 7 lbs. I don't know how much I lost in the week as I didn't want to weigh myself at the beginning of the week as I thought I might die of shock! I reckon though that it is about a 3-4lb weight loss.

Had a really good weekend from an eating perspective and need to keep up the good work this week but then I am off to Ireland for 5 nights on Thursday :scared: what happens to the healthy eating then?! It should be an active week though so hope to exercise off any excess calories that might decide to hop in my mouth!

Somebody please answer my query about BMI. If I use one of the web site calculators I get a very respectable 22%, however, our scales record it and depending on the time of day it can be anything between 28% and 31%. I know which one I would like to believe but which reading do you lot go on? What is the most reliable way to calculate BMI?

Binbird
Well done Binbird!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the congrat wishes too everyone - feeling chuffed with myself today. Made a lovely low fat tikka for T tonight (home made!) and couldn't finish it I was so full, so left some!!!!!!! I still have 6.5 points left for tonight too - don't know why i'm feeling so full!? Probably won't eat all the points, so if I go over by a point one day it won't matter as much.

Meal out on the 31st with my work and then we are going to the theatre - so diet will be blown that day as the menu includes my fav - deep fried brie to start!!!!!!!!! And choc marshmallow brownie cheesecake!!!!!!.

I also have a huge Mingles mint easter egg + mingles chocs from my hubbie which I plan to eat at the weekend but after that i'm well back on the straight and narrow again.

Lynn
p.s my mouth is just watering thinking bout melted brie and easter egg!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Dieter's for OZ

Yeah well what about this then guys,
I went to my brothers today and his wife, him and my son had a full breakfast. Bacon,sausage,egg,beans,tomatoe the lot!
I said no...........................
What about that.
Done really crap this week though guys and I weight in on Wed.
Hugs Lace
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:17 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Yeah well what about this then guys,
I went to my brothers today and his wife, him and my son had a full breakfast. Bacon,sausage,egg,beans,tomatoe the lot!
I said no...........................
What about that.
Done really crap this week though guys and I weight in on Wed.
Hugs Lace
OMG what is happening to you Lace? You could have got rid of the beans and had all the rest, oh sorry you are not on Atkins, I would have been for the day so I'm very proud of you.
Sarah
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers Sarah but the day is not over yet. I have just put a pasty in the oven for my other half who is due home from work about 9:30. I looked at it and my mouth watered. Then I have to put the chips in for him HELP ME! I am going to be good-wellmaybe-not-sortof
LACE
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:38 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Binbird

I posted the above in one of my "contributions" earlier today - so, can anyone tell me?!

Binbird
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I posted the above in one of my "contributions" earlier today - so, can anyone tell me?!

Binbird
BMI is calculated as your weight in kg divided by your height in m squared

eg if your weight was 26 kg and you were 1.52m tall then

BMI = 26
--
1.52 X 1.52

Hope this is ok - I don't trust scales at all !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.