Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 17th 2005, 2:44 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hello crowd!

Seems to be the day for getting on the scales - I couldn't hold out until Monday to see what the damage was so the reading this morning was 9st 8 lbs which I reckon is probably only a 3lb loss since starting this healthy eating / exercising drive on Monday. My aim was to go back down to the weight I was before children came along (9st 4 lbs) so for me the important thing is to make sure the eating habits have changed for good. I am sure it will be very easy to lose another 4 lbs, and quite quickly, but it is the keeping it off that will be the trouble. My motto will have to be "eat healthy for life not just for a diet"

Having a very good day: cheerios and OJ for breakfast. Then made it to the gym - 2 and a half km on the bike, 4 km on the treadmill, 5 mins rowing, 10 mins on the cross trainer, plus sit ups and stretching. Only had salad for lunch and haven't given tea a thought yet!

By the way, my hubby runs almost every day (minimum 3.3 miles if short of time but usually averages about 30 miles a week with the odd marathon thrown in) He has been a "runner" since we met but he still has love handles! Must be a combination of age and the fact that I look after him too well!

Better go and start the kids tea now..... oh, and have another glass of water!

Catch you all later.

Binbird
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:09 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Well done on the weight loss Lace, keep it up chick.

Welcome Karen, I think sharing on here is better than any club, if you do gain rather than lose you get support rather than dirty looks. Good luck with your efforts.

Hey guys, found a new book.... Gi Plan Diet by Azmina Govindji and Nina Puddlefoot. A woman in my magazine a year younger but a stone heavier and same height as me failed Atkins so is giving this diet a try. Might go out and see if I can buy book tomorrow in order to see what it's all about. You know me always looking for something better and am really disatisfied with WW, as you know been on it 2 weeks now and haven't lost a thing. Oh dear, I think these are the first signs that I'm bored again, lol.
Hugs to you all,
Sarah
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:28 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hey guys,
I will read all your posts when I come back from the dreaded work!
I have lost another 2lbs though this week.
speak in a bit guys
love lace x
Well done lace, I did quite well too lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well it's really only 1lb if you count the 2 I put on last week, but I was thrilled as it means I lost what I'd gained and more. Can't even celebrate with a glass of wine as I'm on-call tonight but I will treat myself tomorrow was on a bit of a downer as my application for skills assessment didn't reach it's destination today (bloody royal mail!) it's in Swindon when it's supposed to be in Winchester, all they can do is "apologise" the worrying thing is my life is in that envelope and 2 months of gathering it all, felt quite sorry for the girl on the other end of the phone, but please, you pay extra for this registered post and they still lose it!! just hope it gets there tomorrow.
love mandix
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear Mandi - here's hoping it arrives where it should tomorrow !! I know two months are a long time to collate it all but we've been at it 3 months now. Hubby is a bricky and can't remember all the people he's worked for but still has to get references from them - should be easy !!

Keep in there Teach - I notice you got your visa Monday so, if it were me, I'd still be celebrating and not even thinking about my weight but you should see how many different diet books are in my house - I should set up a rental company - save everyone buying them all, could just borrow from me for however long that fad lasts. I hate to think how much I've spent over the years dieing !
Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:26 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandi248
Well done lace, I did quite well too lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well it's really only 1lb if you count the 2 I put on last week, but I was thrilled as it means I lost what I'd gained and more. Can't even celebrate with a glass of wine as I'm on-call tonight but I will treat myself tomorrow was on a bit of a downer as my application for skills assessment didn't reach it's destination today (bloody royal mail!) it's in Swindon when it's supposed to be in Winchester, all they can do is "apologise" the worrying thing is my life is in that envelope and 2 months of gathering it all, felt quite sorry for the girl on the other end of the phone, but please, you pay extra for this registered post and they still lose it!! just hope it gets there tomorrow.
love mandix
Hi Mandi,
I know what you are going through with Royal Mail, it happened to us with International Signed for Delivery. It was extra info requested by DIMIA, was only tracked until it left this country. A full investigation took place and it was deemed lost never to be found again. 80 days after I sent it a card was left for me to go and sign for something... our package. Amazingly it never left the country as they said it had an insuficient delivery address on it. Never ever trust Royal Mail for anything important, courier everything. I know it all costs extra, but well worth it for the piece of mind. We are so concerned about it that we are actually thinking of going to London for the day to get our passports stamped. Hope this hasn't freaked you out too much and that your package turns up at right place quickly.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi guys,
welcome all the new ones. I haven't read the previous posts yet and this is why! I have lost my job!
I walked out and told her to stick it where the sun don't shine. So no SOL job now. Drank lots of wine last night, I have the biggest baddest headache ever and............................................... .........
Boo Hoo
anyone to cheer me up would be most appreciated
love Lace
Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:22 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi guys,
welcome all the new ones. I haven't read the previous posts yet and this is why! I have lost my job!
I walked out and told her to stick it where the sun don't shine. So no SOL job now. Drank lots of wine last night, I have the biggest baddest headache ever and............................................... .........
Boo Hoo
anyone to cheer me up would be most appreciated
love Lace

Hi, Sorry to hear about your job. Why did you walk out? Do you not need to be working to meet the work experience requirements for visa? Will you manage to get another job?

Lynn
Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi Lynn,
I walked out becasue the woman is an arse! A control freak! I do need to be working to cover the requirment but hey I will go as a student if I have to. I don't know if I can get another job, still working all this out. Need more wine! It's a wait and see situation.
love lace
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:13 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck about the job Lacey. But look on the bright side, if she was such a dragon, you are well rid of her! Now you no longer have to deal with her it must have relieved some stress so once you get over feeling bad about losing your job you'll be very motivated with the diet - until then, a few treats in order by way of a pick-me-up (well, a pick-you-up actually!)

Doing well today so far but not looking forward to the weekend - going to have to be so disciplined not to slip back into my bad old ways and ruin the good that I have done so far.

Hope every one has a good weekend.

Binbird
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:17 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Bad luck about the job Lacey. But look on the bright side, if she was such a dragon, you are well rid of her! Now you no longer have to deal with her it must have relieved some stress so once you get over feeling bad about losing your job you'll be very motivated with the diet - until then, a few treats in order by way of a pick-me-up (well, a pick-you-up actually!)

Doing well today so far but not looking forward to the weekend - going to have to be so disciplined not to slip back into my bad old ways and ruin the good that I have done so far.

Hope every one has a good weekend.

Binbird
Yup i'm also dreading the weekend - have not saved any points for wine. I am home for lunch and although i've just eaten still feel I want something else but its all in my head and more habit cause i'm not hungry, more just craving sugar (and I know there are curly wurly's in the cupboard ) If I snack now though won't have any points left after dinner tonight.
Don't fancy cooking either yet I can't have a takeaway How do people live like this?????? Although i'm not hungry there is no variety.
I don't want to undo my hard work either

Lynn
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:25 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yup i'm also dreading the weekend - have not saved any points for wine. I am home for lunch and although i've just eaten still feel I want something else but its all in my head and more habit cause i'm not hungry, more just craving sugar (and I know there are curly wurly's in the cupboard ) If I snack now though won't have any points left after dinner tonight.
Don't fancy cooking either yet I can't have a takeaway How do people live like this?????? Although i'm not hungry there is no variety.
I don't want to undo my hard work either

Lynn
Come on Lynn - WE CAN BE STRONG THIS WEEKEND ! ! !

Just think how pleased we will both feel when we have managed to eat healthily all weekend. We'll have to compare notes on Monday and I am going to do the official weigh in so it would be nice to report that the weight loss I mentioned yesterday has been maintained and even improved!

Good luck!

Binbird
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

And by the way, a little tip I read somewhere was eat an apple shortly before you have a meal. Something to do with the acidity (I think!) makes you need less to feel full when you do actually eat a meal.

Off to eat an apple quickly now before lunch!

Binbird
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: Dieter's for OZ

Come on guys if I can stay on the waggon after the day I have just had then you can! I know what you mean about the variety though. There isn't any!
I have had a treat lynn, I have a worthers original sweetie from my child to cheer me up lol.
Right lets fill out these application forms (AGAIN)
lol Lace
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Lace - sorry about your job. I feel like jacking it in all the time and try to work on auto pilot as I hate it so much. Luckily I'm part time (term time only) so have regular hols to look forward to.

Good luck with the job hunting, diet, assessment and every else !!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Oh hippy are you a teacher, cos I have just asked this question to a migration agent. I have teaching assistant quals and I could get a job doing this no problem. I have looked on the SOL list but it just skirts around the fact.
drop us a line honey, may have another job in the bag already
lol
Lace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.