Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:33 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Me again! Lunch was a WW mediteranean tomato and vegetable soup - less than 50 calories and only half a point (not that I'm counting / doing WW) and also had half a pitta bread and a dessert spoon of guacemole. Still washing it down with more water and tea will only be salad so back on track - hurrah!

Feeling stronger now - must have been those twixes at 10am! Two and a half days now without coffee and I can't say I'm missing it. I think I only drink it at this time of year to keep me warm so the soup did the trick there.

Binbird

Last edited by binbird; Mar 16th 2005 at 12:51 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Me again! Lunch was a WW mediteranean somato and vegetable soup - less than 50 calories and only half a point (not that I'm counting / doing WW) and also had half a pitta bread and a dessert spoon of guacemole. Still washing it down with more water and tea will only be salad so back on track - hurrah!

Feeling stronger now - must have been those twixes at 10am! Two and a half days now without coffee and I can't say I'm missing it. I think I only drink it at this time of year to keep me warm so the soup did the trick there.

Binbird
Well done Binbird. Must admit I've been freezing today too so had one of those muller rice pots heated up in microwave - very yummy and low cals/fat too. Also try cup Options hot choc, only 40 cals !
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:57 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
Teach - think it was you (too lazy now to go back and check) who didn't lose anything and had a leader who was disinterested - my advice would be to find another class. It's all to easy to drop out altogether when you get leaders like that. It took me ages to find a class where the leader was spot on what I needed.
Hi Heather,
Yes it was me. I think she does whole of area but I will stick with it even if it's just to p*** her off, lol. Can't be doing with a bad attitude.

I did the free 30 minutes stretch and tone dvd that came with the Angela Griffin one today. I found it much better than the AG one, actually raised my heart rate, had me sweating like mad but also did proper stretches. I pulled my hamstring and hurt my back on AG one yesterday. I'll keep at the 30 minute one for a while and will let you know how I get on.
Big hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:24 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Heather,
Yes it was me. I think she does whole of area but I will stick with it even if it's just to p*** her off, lol. Can't be doing with a bad attitude.

I did the free 30 minutes stretch and tone dvd that came with the Angela Griffin one today. I found it much better than the AG one, actually raised my heart rate, had me sweating like mad but also did proper stretches. I pulled my hamstring and hurt my back on AG one yesterday. I'll keep at the 30 minute one for a while and will let you know how I get on.
Big hugs
Sarah
I have got the Nell McAndrew "Ultimate Challenge" DVD - its so hard!!!!!! But really works and all the squats in it have your bum and thighs aching It also came with a free stretch and tone DVD so wonder if its the same freebie - must try it one day. Also go to gym (although haven't been this week )

Lynn
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:04 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping to be back in the gym tomorrow morning. Sickness seems to have passed through my youngest's system without moving on to either of her sisters so should be on the cross trainer by 9.15 am. If I have a good start to the day burning off a few calories in the gym I find that I am much more likely to go the whole day without succumbing to one of those naughty calorific urges!

Hope everyone is doing well at beating the battle of the bulge at the moment. . . . .

Binbird
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Teach - that's the attitude !!

I got weighed tonight and lost a pound. That's 19 pounds now so am pretty chuffed. Must admit it was a miracle, probably down to starving myself today.

Will get up tomorrow morning totally motivated !! A friend just lost 5 pounds in the first week of the Rosemary Conley diet in the magazine so may give that a go for a motivational boost !

Any other weekly losses to report ?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:07 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Teach - that's the attitude !!

I got weighed tonight and lost a pound. That's 19 pounds now so am pretty chuffed. Must admit it was a miracle, probably down to starving myself today.

Will get up tomorrow morning totally motivated !! A friend just lost 5 pounds in the first week of the Rosemary Conley diet in the magazine so may give that a go for a motivational boost !

Any other weekly losses to report ?
Great news on your loss. Sounds a bit weird saying that as you normally say that with sadness not joy if you know what I mean.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,
I will read all your posts when I come back from the dreaded work!
I have lost another 2lbs though this week.
speak in a bit guys
love lace x
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:22 am
Badge

I decided to diet for Oz a few years ago when I was waiting for my Working Holiday ticket.

It involved running 3-5 miles a day with a weighted 10kg rucksack ie not tearing the arse out of it, interspersed with a bit of phizz in the park. I also ran with more training tops to acclimatise for the Sydney heat. I put on a bit of weight, in fact, but toned up. It was OK in the end, I ran every day on Coogee beach.

Someone said here they find it easier here in Melbourne, I find Australia makes no odds, although lifting and carrying is good - I am a part time firefighter - and my running routes are more pleasant sceney wise.

I have been a bit slack recently - I put on a couple of pounds of fat- I should imagine, don't know if my weight went up or down as a result, I lost muscle that's all I know. For the first time I could actually see a line going out near my waist - love handles? bit of a wake up call and it brought it home to me - even my wife mentioned it.

I regained a bit of tone by running up and down 2 hills we have here on both Saturday and Sunday. Have to repeat the dose tomorrow night!

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Mar 17th 2005 at 8:28 am.

Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:02 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Love handles seems to be the first part of the body that shows any gain for men. As you have done it before and we have said here it is better to attack at the first sight alot of us wish we had.
So good on yur! Badge, keep up the running, obviously dosen't take you long to get to some good scenic running routes.
Envious I am, that is on our wish list not so much running routes but walking routes. I hate the walk to school/shops etc does my head in, but love walking the woods/rivers/lanes etc, but here at the moment drive to the start of the walk (live in beside main busy a bit lethal road and it is the only way off the estate) and up to knees in mud, does not inspire you. Also because you have to make a real effort to get there, somehow tend to stick to trails we know so as not to waste it on something grotty.
So enjoy your running, and let us know how you do

Nicky
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh Badge - the thought of that scenery makes me dribble. My walks/runs here almost always consist of trying not to choke from the petrol fumes and avoiding being run over. We hear all too regularly of people being killed by cars whilst out walking in Bristol - it'll soon be classed as a dangerous sport !

Just curious - do you still run in the summer and, if so, how early/late do you go out ?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hey guys,
I will read all your posts when I come back from the dreaded work!
I have lost another 2lbs though this week.
speak in a bit guys
love lace x

Well done lace on your 2lbs - go girl !!!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:00 am
Badge

Oh Badge - the thought of that scenery makes me dribble. My walks/runs here almost always consist of trying not to choke from the petrol fumes and avoiding being run over. We hear all too regularly of people being killed by cars whilst out walking in Bristol - it'll soon be classed as a dangerous sport !

Just curious - do you still run in the summer and, if so, how early/late do you go out ?
It is of course easier in the summer as there is more light, I often run with the intention of getting back before sunset. I do have to slap on the Aerogard too at times.

Winter is harder, make no mistake. I even ran in my lunch hour in the winter - I just borrowed the office telephone directories and stuffed them in my rucksack - the weight offsets the fact I run only a few ks.

Badge

Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:47 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I only started the diet on Monday and have stuck within my points allowance religiously - decided to have a sneaky hop on the scales this am and found that I am 7 pounds lighter than Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and this is only Thursday!) Not kidding!!!!!

Maybe some of it will go back on before Monday - I'm def not undereating have been eating all 22 points so really amazed, if a little confused - seems an awful lot of weight at once - must be made up of a lot of fluid too though.

Well done Lace too - if you keep up a steady 2 pound weight loss per week you will be slim in no time.

Lynn
Old Mar 17th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

ok, just to say i'm joining you guys! feel inspired by all your efforts, been reading the thread for a few weeks, can't sleep, it is 02.37am and here i am thinking about having a snack!
no i won't, i'll go back to bed and try and drop off. my worst day is friday whebn we go to the club straight after work - no time for any tea/dinner so we end up with toasted fingers (cheesy, buttery...) and a big plate of wedges with sour cream and bbq sauce, hubby does'nt eat many so i always have more! i know a bit of what you fancy does you good but ......
anyway, will have a weigh in saturday morning and report on my progress. we are having a trip to england in june (will be nearly two years since we've been here) and i would like to be looking and feeling good.
karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.