Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:38 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by binbird
Hello everyone - I hope my typing is not wobbly but we have just booked our holiday and flights etc and my emotions are everywhere!

Here's the details:

Flying to Mauritius on August 27th - 15 nights all inclusive in 5 star accommodation (a family apartment so one bedroom with ensuite for the girls and another with en-suite for me and dh) Arriving Sydney 13 September.

It is costing a hell of a lot of money but the hotel were offering all inclusive at room only rates so it's a bit of a bargain! We will be flying with Air Mauritius for both legs - 33 inch seats so not too bad and they have just upped their baggage allowance to 30kg per person. That gives us a total of 150kg between us and I don't think even I could fill that let alone manage the bags between us!

Did my last training session for the 10k at the gym this morning and have had so many phone calls and good wishes for it from friends and neighbours as well as all my cyber friends! I'll let you know how I've done tomorrow when my legs will carry me back to the computer!

Bye for now. . . .

Binbird
Binbird - that sounds great - me and Marc had a fabulous honeymoon in Mauritius - we can't wait to go back - we stayed in 'Les Pavillons' the service in that hotel was first class and it was the best holiday we have ever had - Mauritius is so beautiful - what is the name of the hotel you are staying in?

We will definately be going back to Les Pavillons - for a 2nd honeymoon in a few years - preferably with no kids as it was more a resort for couples (although kids were allowed - you never saw many)

Is it Sydney you are moving to? I take it you fly from Mauritius to Sydney then - is this for good or just a holiday?

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:49 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Is it Sydney you are moving to? I take it you fly from Mauritius to Sydney then - is this for good or just a holiday?

Lynn
Hi Lynn

Our hotel is called the "Shandrani Serenity". What time of year were you in Mauritius? We are trying to guage what temperatures to expect as one brochure indicated an average of 25 degrees and another stated 29 degrees. Either way, it sounds fine by me - as long as the sun is shining!

And this holiday is marking the end of our life in UK and the start of our life in Australia! When we arrive in Sydney on 13 September the plan is that it is for life. . . . . We are due to complete on our house on 1 August though so there is a little matter of being homeless for the best part of 4 weeks to sort out though! Any offers?!

Binbird
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:54 am

Hi Lynn

Our hotel is called the "Shandrani Serenity". What time of year were you in Mauritius? We are trying to guage what temperatures to expect as one brochure indicated an average of 25 degrees and another stated 29 degrees. Either way, it sounds fine by me - as long as the sun is shining!

And this holiday is marking the end of our life in UK and the start of our life in Australia! When we arrive in Sydney on 13 September the plan is that it is for life. . . . . We are due to complete on our house on 1 August though so there is a little matter of being homeless for the best part of 4 weeks to sort out though! Any offers?!

Binbird
We were in Mauritius the beginning of July which is cooler - 70 o farenheit average (24oc) - I found that a lovely temp though - like a great Scottish summer - much easier to sunbathe in. Some showers but only at night - usually overnight which was great. Les pavillons was at the far south/ west - le morne penninsula - some beautiful resorts there.
Is this your 1st trip to Mauritius? - the people are very friendly and the pace of life is slow.

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:03 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
We were in Mauritius the beginning of July which is cooler - 70 o farenheit average (24oc) - I found that a lovely temp though - like a great Scottish summer - much easier to sunbathe in. Some showers but only at night - usually overnight which was great. Les pavillons was at the far south/ west - le morne penninsula - some beautiful resorts there.
Is this your 1st trip to Mauritius? - the people are very friendly and the pace of life is slow.

Lynn
Thanks for the info Lynn - I think the temperatures will suit the family all round - and not too hot to sleep at night with a bit of luck. Our hotel is situated in the south eastern corner of the island with only a 15 minute transfer from the airport. This was appealing after a 12 hour flight and not knowing how much sleep we will all get on the plane. Our flight out of Heathrow departs at 21.00hrs so I am hoping that the girls will sleep for a good chunk of that.

Binbird

Last edited by binbird; Jun 4th 2005 at 12:48 pm. Reason: poor geography - I initially put South Western
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi everyone

Haven't been getting on here as regularly as usual - combination of half term, training for my 10k (this Sunday 11am - forecast cold and wet!) and trying to make decisions re the big move! One minute we fancy Mauritius, the next it's Hawaii and the next it's camping round France or a cheap all inclusive package to Turkey. . . . . The only "certainty" at the moment is that our flight will be via Hong Kong with a 3-4 day stopover.

Lynn - many, many congratulations on shifting half a stone in two weeks! I said you could do it girl! Now keep up the good work and let us all know what treats you have been buying yourself!

Theresa - I am very jealous about your photo session - hope everyone cooperates on the day! We had a professional photographer into playgroup a couple of weeks ago and since the school is just opposite I dragged my older two in and got the three of them done individually and as a group. However, I know already that I will only be buying the individual shots of daughter no.1 and daughter no. 3 as daughter no.2 had a face on her that I wouldn't like to be reminded of!

Eating has slackened a bit this week with it being half term and hubby is taking me out for a meal tomorrow night to stock up on the carbs for my run! No booze for me though - i want to give this my best shot! I know the weather conditions are not particularly in my favour but I so wanted to break the hour! If I don't manage it there is another local 10k mid July so I may just have to enter that as well! (Now I know I have gone mad!!!)

Must do the ironing now before we go and spend the day with my sis and her 4 girls! As you can see, we lost the recipe for boys in our family - lol!

Bye for now

Binbird

Good luck with your run tomorrow, hope you achieve the result you want to time-wise.

Let us all know how you got on.

Best wishes, Theresa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
That's the beauty of having no children!!!! Arrive early and leave early, lol. Only kidding as I would love a child but it has to be said it does make things so much easier. We had just got back to the car when the heavens opened. I also didn't have anything too healthy, I found an amazing pastie stand and had to eat a cheese and onion pastie, oops!. Ah well we walked it all off. Don't get me wrong it's a great show but £18 each to get in is a bit steep.
Anyway hope you had a good time.
Hugs
Sarah
Hubby had a couple of pasties and didn't stop raving about them. He's gutted as he didn't get a load for the freezer !! Price was a bit steep. In past years we've spent the whole day there (from opening !) and watched a load of shows etc so didn't mind the cost as it was a full day out - this year a very different matter !

Heather
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Heather, if you ever see one of their exhibitions, you must fill in one of their questionairres. From what I gathered, just about everybody who fills one in, gets the voucher. That's £125 which would cover the photo session and one photo 7x5 photo.

There prices range from £75 per picture up to £800. We are looking at spending £300-£400 on one picture for my parents. A lot of money for a picture but this is supposed to be a special gift for them when we leave.

If you want I can find out where they are exhibiting in the near future, by the way my daughter was at the Mall on Thursday and she saw their work up there. Will let you know if I find out anything.

Theresa
Thanks for the info Theresa - will have to wait for my bonus next year but will definitely look out for the voucher. Do they have a time limit on them ?

All the best for the session - I'm scared I'd be too self conscious, don't like having my pic taken at the best of times !
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
Thanks for the info Theresa - will have to wait for my bonus next year but will definitely look out for the voucher. Do they have a time limit on them ?

All the best for the session - I'm scared I'd be too self conscious, don't like having my pic taken at the best of times !

Hi there

Have just got back from photo session. Absolutely brilliant, like nothing I have ever seen before.

The service is fantastic and the whole image is 'fun'.

First photos of all 5 of us in jeans and white tops, running at the camera and screaming, then we had to all jump up at the same time. Oh and one where Steve lies on the floor tummy down, then I laid on top of him at different angle, then 12 yr old on top of me same angle as Steve, then 7 yr old on top of her same angle as me and then told 4 yr old to jump on the top of us!

Next girls changed into pinky/peachy colour tops and had pictures together and individuals aswell, all very unusual poses. One of them was all 3 lying on the floor with their hair all splayed out and mingled in together, a triangle and picture taken from above. Don't know if I have explained that very well but will make a fantastic picture.

Then dad with his 3 girls, had 2 bigger ones pulling an arm each and little one grabbing his leg and pulling, lots of laughing and tickling.

Then me and girls, only close up of faces really cuddled up together.

Next me and Steve had some lovey dovey ones done wearing jeans and black shirts, really tastefully done sat up against wall together and one weird one both stood facing each other really close with foreheads touching, light from behind so should be silhouette picture.

Finally we had more done all together all in black and white clothes against wall with some pushing and squeezing. They capture expressions and reactions.

Took about an hour and a half altogether. Can't possibly tell you everything because there were so many ideas. Very impressed but we are all absolutely worn out. We have been given a brochure to peruse through to get an idea of prices before we attend viewing in 2 weeks time. They are very expensive!!! Need to go through it very carefully before we make any decisions. If any!!!

On way home stopped at McDonalds, I had kids meal with cheeseburger but that actually is lunch and tea in one. Have just got home and opened bottle of wine, my weekly allowance of wine that is.

Hope everyone has had a good day, we are all one day nearer to Australia!

Bye for now, Theresa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:22 pm

Theresa that sounds great - me and Marc would love to have a photo session like that with our dog Poppy in it as substitute for kids (for now!)

Will wait until i'm at my goal weight of 10 stone 7 with a nice golden tan in Oz I think!

Glad you enjoyed your day!

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:44 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Heather,
Yes prices were a bit steep. I paid £2.50 for my pastie as it was cheese and onion, Andrew's was same price but double the size as it had meat and stuff in it. Glad mine was smaller though as I'd have forced other down and felt sick. We also did some cheese tasting, which was good. We also stayed all day last year but then it was boiling hot. We did manage to see everything we wanted before heavens opened, but as has been the case in the last few months we just weren't that interested. We have reached the point where we just want to leave the uk and get our new lives started. Hopefully not much longer.

Binbird, good luck with the run tomorrow. Holiday sounds fab. We still haven't decided whether we fly straight there or do a stop along the way.

Hope you are all well.
Sarah
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teach
We did manage to see everything we wanted before heavens opened, but as has been the case in the last few months we just weren't that interested. We have reached the point where we just want to leave the uk and get our new lives started.
Sarah
Ditto
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fantastic Therasa,
I hope you had a fantasic day. I feel like crap! I can't do this diet with this stupid degree and hairdressing over me still. I am really knackered. We are selling some of our stuff on a car boot sale tomorrow, I hope we get loads of money cos we need to decorate the kitchen now which, still be the way, isn't fully in.
I am completley whacked!
Take care everyone
hugs Lace :/
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:59 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Hello all!

Well I did it! Can't say "been there, got the t-shirt" but I did get a medal! Weather conditions were perfect for my 10k but I failed to break the hour by three minutes. I am pleased with it though for a first effort but the second killer hill got me and I did have to walk for about 200 yards but apart from that it was running all the way.

Have raised over £150 for our village playgroup so it was well worth it and I am looking forward to running my next 10k (but I may change my mind tomorrow when the aches set in!)

Be back later (if I don't fall asleep for the rest of the day!)

Binbird
Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello all!

Well I did it! Can't say "been there, got the t-shirt" but I did get a medal! Weather conditions were perfect for my 10k but I failed to break the hour by three minutes. I am pleased with it though for a first effort but the second killer hill got me and I did have to walk for about 200 yards but apart from that it was running all the way.

Have raised over £150 for our village playgroup so it was well worth it and I am looking forward to running my next 10k (but I may change my mind tomorrow when the aches set in!)

Binbird
Well done Binbird - who cares about the extra three mins, a 10k run is a fantastic achievement !!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:18 pm

Hello all!

Binbird
Well done Binbird - 3 mins is nothing and I would imagine that you would be slightly slower running in a crowd like that for these big run's?
Congratulations now go and put your feet up now!
Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.