Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dial uk 0870/0844/etc numbers cheaper from a landline

Dial uk 0870/0844/etc numbers cheaper from a landline

Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:43 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dial uk 0870/0844/etc numbers cheaper from a landline

I happened across this website called http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php recommended by martin lewis(off the money programs on tv and from www.moneysavingexpert.com (have a look at his site too and sign up as there are great ways in the uk to cut your bills and a forum too for real money saving tips like opening a bank account for a free £100 etc and legal loopholes on a lot of stuff)

Did you know you can claim back all ytour bank charges for the last 6 years as they are illegal? Have a look im not joking. This website is proper advice off experts on the Trevor Mcdonal show and itvs make me rich programs

Back on topic!! Alot of people who may get free or cheap calls to the uk from oz (but not to expensive 0870 etc numbers) can input the 0870 or whatever xpensive number and usually it gives you a regional number, i.e. a landline number.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

just type in either a business name or expensive telephone number and hit enter. Youll be surprised! i got a landline number for my travel insurance people tthe other day

ALSO! If you want free calls with the uk to other uk landline once yuove found the landline number on saynoto0870 then read on (this isnt a referral

I got the info Via this website(MONEYSAVINGEXPERT) i have set up 2 accounts(both free) in the uk(no monthly cost for either) just 10.99 for bt landline a month and i save loads as im at home alot of days and dial alot of 0845 and 0870 no.s etc!

and one gives me free daytime uk landline calls( www.1899.com where you prefix everydaytime call with 1899then number, it even tells you how much p per minute it will be often zero)

and for free evening and weekend calls to landlines in the uk i use
http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverPr...1&source=saver

primus option 2.

both of these take minutes to set up online and a week or so for them to activate(the companies do all that. I get bills for 0p a month off both)

This way you can look up your regional(landline ) number for your banks or businesses or whatever, and phone them free!

Just thought id share what ive known for a while just in case it helps anyone.

Hope this isnt seen as spam as alot of peopleon the forums have had to ring banks and chase up bill payments from the other side of the world and 0870 numbers are either unobtainable or very dear from abroad.

Hope this helps someone

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Feb 14th 2007 at 12:47 am.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Australia Immigration will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dial uk 0870/0844/etc numbers cheaper from a land line

Hi

Just to add if you have ADSL (Broadband) you can make free calls using VOIP software via : www.voipcheap.com to a number of countries (15) for no charges and very competitive rates for mobile and other countries.

Skype (www.skype.com) allows you to make PC 2 PC calls for free and competitive calls overseas but the above has no land line costs at all if its to one of the countries listed.

Both these allow great communications (simple to install and use) and very useful whether you are in the UK or Oz.

Kind regards

Chris
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dial uk 0870/0844/etc numbers cheaper from a landline

I used to be a regular on Martin's site before we moved here, it was invaluable

I did have a go at setting up a similar chat forum for people to share money saving ideas and stuff but sadly nobody was interested so I closed it down. Shame really cos I think there is a gap here that needs to be filled....
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:44 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hotukdeals.com/ is another uk deals site. There is also quidco.com which gives you back commission. It costs £5 a year, but for example you get £10 from hotels.com with a booking, and 4% off next etc....

The other telephone one is http://www.jajah.com/ which connects two landlines for free, but calls are initiated by computer
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:53 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
I used to be a regular on Martin's site before we moved here, it was invaluable

I did have a go at setting up a similar chat forum for people to share money saving ideas and stuff but sadly nobody was interested so I closed it down. Shame really cos I think there is a gap here that needs to be filled....

hey bridie. where has the j gone. am i right?

Hows life in oz.

Used to talk to you alot i think regarding TRA.

alk
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alk

Yes, it's me. All good here, you?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bridie
Hi Alk

Yes, it's me. All good here, you?
great thanks , neaarly there.

where did you end up in the end?
al
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Will send you a PM