debts or not

Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debts or not

Originally Posted by samjones1999
Its people like you that have put this country into recession, instead of blaming the bankers let look at the irresponsible borrowers who can't be bothered to pay off the debts they have racked up. If you can't afford to pay it off, emigrating should be the last thing you should be doing. How do you think you will afford to live there, if you can't live within your means here? Heres my advise, neither a borrower nor a leander be. If you havent got at least £50,000 to emigrate with, don't or you'll just end up on here in 12 months time moaning about the cost of living and being trapped with no money to go home.
quality....
Wish I'd had 50k to bring with me, but with exchange rate would have lost so much cash
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm
So by your logic, everybody that is in debt is greedy and stupid?

Do you have a mortgage?
Firstly, I don't have a mortgage.

Secondly, I probably would judge people who have borrowed way beyond their means to a point where they are actually contemplating leaving the country without paying as "greedy and stupid". Probably just as "greedy and stupid" as the bankers that have got us in this mess to begin with.

Last edited by 77hil; Mar 15th 2010 at 5:09 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

O.k so maybe you don't need £50,000. Although personally I would not relocate my family half way across the world without at least that amount. We all moan about people who come to this country with nothing but end up on state benefits, what would you live on if you couldn't find employment? I was just highlighting the fact, if you live beyond your means in this country, how do you intend to make it there? Or are the streets pathed with gold? If they are be careful because Jeannettetlw will steal it. Or at least post the question is it Ok to steal it??
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
oh so many opionions all i said was do i leave my debts behind,i never mentioned banks,at the moment i still pay all my debts,there are other debts other than banks and credit cards,eg council tax water rates phone contract etc et.as for sam jones 1999 if THIS country is so great why are you on a forum about australia,knife crime,immegration out of control,nhs dont work,kids cant read or write,no jobs,not so great i think,you need to read thread from jd6969 at least he speaks the truth,as for the banks who did bring the countryto its knees through greed and stupidity,fail at your job,get goverment to bail you out and still get stupid bonusus
Jeanettetlw, it is you who needs to look back on the thread and take on board the comments from livinginreality,steve o,77hil, pollyana, comet555, caliburn, jad n rich, canadaeh, dead vim, moneypenny for a reality check. I would be interested to hear what jd6969 would say now, after finding you can afford to pay. It was people defaulting on bad loans that started the banking crisis. Its easier to blame the faceless bank rather than take on personal responsibility.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

Jeanettetlw, it is you who needs to look back on the thread and take on board the comments from livinginreality,steve o,77hil, pollyana, comet555, caliburn, jad n rich, canadaeh, dead vim, moneypenny for a reality check. I would be interested to hear what jd6969 would say now, after finding you can afford to pay. It was people defaulting on bad loans that started the banking crisis. Its easier to blame the faceless bank rather than take on personal responsibility.
I don't mind adding my 2 cents worth Sam!

I can't speak for anyone else here or the decisions they make. What I will say is that if I were living mortgage free in the UK and sold up to move to OZ, thus was in a position whereby I was able to leave the country with a substantial sum of money - I would certainly clear up any CC debts (or any other little debts) before I left.

I would have to respectfully disagree with your comment "It was people defaulting on bad loans that started the banking crisis."

I have to lay the blame firmly at the feet of the banks for this one. It was the banks thinking they could make untapped amounts of money in the shadowy derivatives and securitization markets that caused the banking crisis. When you take bucket loads of mortgages that you know people are likely to be unable to pay, lump them all together into a nice little package, and then sell that package on for bumper profits (marked as AAA rated) - you have a recipe for disaster. There`s your crisis!

Last edited by jd6969uk; Mar 15th 2010 at 5:51 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ah yea but what came first ,the chicken or the egg. Nobody held a gun to the peoples head and forced them to take on unrealistic loans. I dont work for the bank or even like them but I'm sick of people living beyond their means and making you and I foot the bill.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:31 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

i dont have a credit card,overdraft or a personal loan,remember investments can go up as well as down,pity the banks didnt remember that and samjones1999 calling me a thief on a public forum,sailing pretty close to the wind
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

oh so many opionions all i said was do i leave my debts behind,i never mentioned banks,at the moment i still pay all my debts,there are other debts other than banks and credit cards,eg council tax water rates phone contract etc et.as for sam jones 1999 if THIS country is so great why are you on a forum about australia,knife crime,immegration out of control,nhs dont work,kids cant read or write,no jobs,not so great i think,you need to read thread from jd6969 at least he speaks the truth,as for the banks who did bring the countryto its knees through greed and stupidity,fail at your job,get goverment to bail you out and still get stupid bonusus
No mention of investments here, just you trying to skip the country and leaving us to pick up the tab!! Irresponsible or theft????
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Now whos sailing close to the wind. If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I am hoping that the message is sinking in, no responsible person on here,thinks its OK for you to run away from the debts, you racked up.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:58 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

i didnt call anyone a thief now did i,and what has investments to do with you
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont have a credit card,overdraft or a personal loan,remember investments can go up as well as down,pity the banks didnt remember that and samjones1999 calling me a thief on a public forum,sailing pretty close to the wind
These threads always bring out the moral high horsers love! Do what you like and stuff them. Only worry about whether or not you can live with it.

It isn't theft and it isn't even a crime. People can bang on about morals 'til the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact.

There would almost certainly be no repercussions in Australia for you regarding the debt but remember that you may wish to go back. Your debt in Britain would be wiped completely clean if you go for a period of 6 years (i think, may be 7) without any payment, contact with them or any acknowledgement of the debt.

Personally, I couldn't live with it love but you go for it, honestly it's just money ffs. Much more important stuff to be concerned about.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Now whos sailing close to the wind. If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I am hoping that the message is sinking in, no responsible person on here,thinks its OK for you to run away from the debts, you racked up.
You don't speak for everyone mate.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hey mate, I didn't say I spoke for everyone on here, just the responsible and given your last post, that would exclude you!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

i didnt call anyone a thief now did i,and what has investments to do with you
If you don't want an answer, dont post such stupid questions!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Some people have big debts through no fault of their own, I don't think many people will have sympathy with your poor investments. Who exactly do you think pays when you dont???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.