debt in uk

Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:41 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
If you've spent £10k then isn't this what you pay back???

the simple answer is NO Probably more like £20k ++++++++++

Why would you want to offer a credit card company less than you owe?

Because they want Much more than they gave you ( Shafted)

Now tell me what i`m saying is Completly wrong
Bloody good speach
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:50 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you've spent £10k then isn't this what you pay back???

the simple answer is NO Probably more like £20k ++++++++++

Why would you want to offer a credit card company less than you owe?

Because they want Much more than they gave you ( Shafted)

Now tell me what i`m saying is Completly wrong

I know where you are going but I disagree. When an individual enters into a financial or credit agreement it is their responsibility to investigate the terms and conditions of the agreement and whether they are capable of meeting those terms.

There are some people who are caught unawares by unexpected events/circumstance such as redundancy, illness and incapacity and I feel for them but there also others who are spending way above their means without thought to the consequence. If you don't have it, don't spend it.

When seizing unwise credit deals, you can't abdicate responsibility if you get over your head.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:07 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious to what you would say if a particular credit card company sent you ( withought asking) a card with say £8k credit available to spend immediately? or everytime you try to buy something from a shop where you may use you Debt card you get offered, Sorry, let me rephrase that! where you get people trying to ram a store/credit card down your throat at every opportunity and have no other intention than to put you into as much Debt as possible withought any consideration for you or your family
I know what your thinking! You dont need to take the credit but lets just put it in anther way, How many ppl would refuse their Visa today if DIMIA called and asked them " Mr,Mrs,miss, ????? We are doing a special deal at the moment and we are offering you your Visa Today if you want it! you are under no obligation to accept this offer and your rights will not be affected if you refuse to take us up on this offer!

What would you say????????????

Unless you already have it oof course

We are SIMPLY being shafted in one way or another by means of one way or another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Any which way they can

Originally Posted by busterboy
I know where you are going but I disagree. When an individual enters into a financial or credit agreement it is their responsibility to investigate the terms and conditions of the agreement and whether they are capable of meeting those terms.

There are some people who are caught unawares by unexpected events/circumstance such as redundancy, illness and incapacity and I feel for them but there also others who are spending way above their means without thought to the consequence. If you don't have it, don't spend it.

When seizing unwise credit deals, you can't abdicate responsibility if you get over your head.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:10 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its just baffling! I know I'm gonna get my head bitten off for this but the Muslims have the right idea when it comes to this!

DOH!! Can,worms - everywhere!! I'm outta here.
;o)
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:15 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot just another single point!!!

When they offer you those credit deals they KNOW at that time how much Debt you are in and this is what they pray on!! still give you it knowing that you will pay the minimum monthly payment and they will make a fortune out of you!

Up until 2 years ago i have never even owned a credt card and i now have 4 3 of which just popped through my letterbox withought even requesting it, i was told that these things can happen and probably because i did accept an offer of one from my bank
(the first one)

Anyway in my books they want to shaft me and i think its only fair that it can work both ways. So those of you who decide to do the return shafting, Good Luck To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW i will pay off mine before i go

Just thought of something! Anyone remember Lethal Weapon 4 ( i think) when Joe Pesci and Chris Rock had a little chat about the Mobile Phone Company`s?

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Oct 29th 2006 at 2:22 am.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris34uk
hi just a quick one if you have debt in the uk does this affect you in perth...cheers chris
im in canada and when i left england 4 years ago i had credit card debt from my student years, it took me 4 years to pay it off but i did right down to the last penny. I sent a bankers draft in pounds back to my english bank account every month and pay it off as quickly as possible, i had 3 cards and moved to money around to lower the interest rate every 6 months etc.

I still have credit cards but i make the credit card companies work for me, they make me money, i.e points etc and not the other way round.

be careful mate, friends of mine here left 1000s in debt back in the UK and 3 years later had a Canadian Collections agency calling them asking them to pay back what they borrowed in the UK (with ALOT of interest)

my advice to you mate, dont leave debt in the UK, they'll find you and you'll never learn, and you'll just do it again in ur new country and who knows you might move to back to england.

good luck
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:42 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

When they offer you those credit deals they KNOW at that time how much Debt you are in and this is what they pray on!! still give you it knowing that you will pay the minimum monthly payment and they will make a fortune out of you!

Up until 2 years ago i have never even owned a credt card and i now have 4 3 of which just popped through my letterbox withought even requesting it, i was told that these things can happen and probably because i did accept an offer of one from my bank
(the first one)

Anyway in my books they want to shaft me and i think its only fair that it can work both ways. So those of you who decide to do the return shafting, Good Luck To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought of something! Anyone remember Lethal Weapon 4 ( i think) when Joe Pesci and Chris Rock had a little chat about the Mobile Phone Company`s?
.................................................. .................

....Then let's hope you were smart enough not to use credit cards that you did not ask for

I am aware of some of the more nefarious practices of lenders and how some people who cannot afford credit are offered it but I stand by my point that it is in the end the responsibilty of the individual to make their own choice. Free will and all that.

We, unfortunately, can't good sense test those who enter into the world of debt sometimes for really mundane reasons, not because they need to buy food or necessities but because they NEED this year's whatever that has been sold to them by sneering fat cat marketeers.

We also can't test people's ability to drive fast cars responsibly or a whole list of other things.

We need to take responsiblity for own actions and stop moving towards the ambulance chasing/who can I sue? culture that is allowing people to shelf their own ethical code.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: debt in uk

....Then let's hope you were smart enough not to use credit cards that you did not ask for

I am aware of some of the more nefarious practices of lenders and how some people who cannot afford credit are offered it but I stand by my point that it is in the end the responsibilty of the individual to make their own choice. Free will and all that.

We, unfortunately, can't good sense test those who enter into the world of debt sometimes for really mundane reasons, not because they need to buy food or necessities but because they NEED this year's whatever that has been sold to them by sneering fat cat marketeers.

We also can't test people's ability to drive fast cars responsibly or a whole list of other things.

We need to take responsiblity for own actions and stop moving towards the ambulance chasing/who can I sue? culture that is allowing people to shelf their own ethical code.
Well said.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

(the first one)

Think you may find inline with the FSA you should have signed a credit agreement. i have never ever heard of a company sending out a credit card without a credit agreement being signed, let alone 3 of them.

Think you may want to have a think back to if you signed one. If you did then it didnt 'just popped through my letterbox withought even requesting it'. If you didnt then you have a case for not having to pay a penny of it back.

You will have signed the agreement agreeing to them 'shafting' and then agreed further by spending on them (if you have balances on them).

Glad to hear you are paying them off before you go though. Very honest of you.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:13 am
UK is Home

I liked that! (it is in the end the responsibilty of the individual to make their own choice. Free will and all that.)

Lets just Stuff the Card companies and even things up a bit! Free will and all that

Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I liked that! (it is in the end the responsibilty of the individual to make their own choice. Free will and all that.)

Lets just Stuff the Card companies and even things up a bit! Free will and all that
I agree with it being the individuals choice of signing and using the credit card.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
BTW its not a nightmare to have to pay them off from here. Use a company like tranzfers to move money from your Aus account to your UK account, and then pay everything with internet banking.
is that free rather tahn goin g through the bank and being charged?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
is that free rather tahn goin g through the bank and being charged?
You will be charged to move money from oz to your UK bank, but not for the movement of money around the UK. www.smile.co.uk has won awards for the past couple of years as being the best online user friendly bank.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:37 am
UK is Home

Yes, Well Said Bob!

Originally Posted by canifixit
Well said.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:38 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
inland Revenue is a little different. You can end up being jailed for 3 years, out in 18 months for good behaviour for rape or kiddie fiddling but woe betide you if you dare not pay your taxes!
Tax law is different from civil law... Think you might have to prove you don't owe rather than the other way around...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.