debt in uk

Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The irony of it is that while she has been busy beavering away to earn money an aunt of hers died and left her a bloody house in Guildford! Now she is minted.
Thats life. lol. (or not as the case may be)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I believe in that too and think that debt in often because people fall for all the marketing and ad-mens gimmicks....but I also believe that there are some people who really find themselves in the poverty trap and can't get themselves out of it.

I am on another thread on this at the moment but coming at it from the 'benefit scounger' side, the system is there as a safeguard for the genuinely needy, unfortunately some of the less savoury elements have taken the 'blank cheque' approach....to the detriment of all.
I totally agree with you on this.
I would rather see more money go to the genuinely unemployable or incapacitated if the scammers didn't claim benefits they are not entitled to.
Lending institutions are there to make money and we must make a decision as whether to borrow or not. If we do, then pay up. If your situation changes drastically then let them know and make them an offer of revised payments.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:09 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit
I would rather see more money go to the genuinely unemployable or incapacitated if the scammers didn't claim benefits they are not entitled to.
Lending institutions are there to make money and we must make a decision as whether to borrow or not. If we do, then pay up. If your situation changes drastically then let them know and make them an offer of revised payments.
good post i agree
Lee
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:13 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit

You are right of course but sometimes people just think 'ShXt I just want to own the material things that other folk have and I'll hide my head in the sand for a while'....unfortunately those bills keep coming and before they know it they are neck deep. The wisest people know that you need to manage finances and any debt but sometimes it isn't the wisest folk that fall into the trap. Can you imagine laying night after night dreaming about how to get back to having a zero bank balance...it's tragic.

I am all for genuine need on benefits, some people really cannot work but some others just know how to play the system. The saddest part of this is that those most in need aren't always the ones who know how to get it all!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Why would you want to offer a credit card company less than you owe?

If you've spent £10k then isn't this what you pay back
i would agree... however these credit card companies are the parasites that have created the problem of people routinely living beyond their means.
don't judge.
no doubt all things considered clear ALL your debts before starting over!!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:43 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
i would agree... however these credit card companies are the parasites that have created the problem of people routinely living beyond their means.
don't judge.
no doubt all things considered clear ALL your debts before starting over!!

Not always....we are living in an increasingly consumeristic(?) society where the credit card companies collude with the uncontrolled spending of individuals.

Watched a programme the other night with some brainless woman paying for her £5k false breasts on her visa card, it was all for her image she said, unfortunately she looked like a down at heel Victoria Beckham, complete with uneven hemmed dress, perma-tan and £38k BMW convertible. All on credit. I ask you....
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Not always....we are living in an increasingly consumeristic(?) society where the credit card companies collude with the uncontrolled spending of individuals.

Watched a programme the other night with some brainless woman paying for her £5k false breasts on her visa card, it was all for her image she said, unfortunately she looked like a down at heel Victoria Beckham, complete with uneven hemmed dress, perma-tan and £38k BMW convertible. All on credit. I ask you....

I actually did a job for someone a while back and after i had finished it he asked if i took master card.
I was stood, soaking wet in the rain with mud covering every inch of exposed flesh and not happy. Even unhappier when he told me it was the only way he could pay so accept it or i wouldn't get paid!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:49 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i watched that . She was a 'modell' and not a very good looking one at that.The b/f was a bit of a wet lettuce.I would have legged it as soon as i knew how much debt she was in :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:49 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I actually did a job for someone a while back and after i had finished it he asked if i took master card.
I was stood, soaking wet in the rain with mud covering every inch of exposed flesh and not happy. Even unhappier when he told me it was the only way he could pay so accept it or i wouldn't get paid!

That's because everyone knows that landscapers carry a portable credit/debit machine with them at all times. You should have swiped the card in the crack of your arse and handed it back to him with a smile (large guffaw).

Last edited by busterboy; Oct 28th 2006 at 8:52 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

That's because everyone knows that landscapers carry a portable credit/debit machine with them at all times. You should have swiped the card in the crack off your arse and handed it back to him with a smile (large guffaw).
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:50 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
yeah i watched that . She was a 'modell' and not a very good looking one at that.The b/f was a bit of a wet lettuce.I would have legged it as soon as i knew how much debt she was in :scared:
She was a muppet, don't know about a 'modelll'.

Teeth that could suck a banana through a tennis racket too!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

That's because everyone knows that landscapers carry a portable credit/debit machine with them at all times. You should have swiped the card in the crack of your arse and handed it back to him with a smile (large guffaw).

They wont let me send K! Gotta spread. Dont they know how dangerous it is to say that kinda thing to me!?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:53 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

She was a muppet, don't know about a 'modelll'.

Teeth that could suck a banana through a tennis racket too!
lol
her teeth were on credit no doubt
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:55 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
lol
her teeth were on credit no doubt

Geez...she should have got a refund.

Boyfriend was firmly in the closet me thinks
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:57 pm
Straw Man.

Geez...she should have got a refund.

Boyfriend was firmly in the closet me thinks

We talking about that C4 thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.