debt in uk

Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:52 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know any more
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around at St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a-time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, ah yeah

(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens (whoo whoo)
Fought for ten decades (whoo whoo)
For the gods they made (whoo whoo)

I shouted out, (whoo whoo)
"Who killed the Kennedys?" (whoo whoo)
When after all (whoo whoo)
It was you and me (whoo whoo)

Let me please introduce myself (whoo whoo)
I'm a man of wealth and taste (whoo whoo)
And I laid traps for troubadours (whoo whoo)
Who get killed before they reached Bombay (whoo whoo, whoo whoo)

Pleased to meet you (whoo whoo)
Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) oh yeah (whoo whoo)
But what's puzzling you (whoo whoo)
Is the nature of my game(whoo whoo), oh yeah, get down, baby (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo) ..........

Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) oh yeah (whoo whoo)
But what's confusing you (whoo whoo)
Is just the nature of my game (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo whoo)

Just as every cop is a criminal (whoo whoo)
And all the sinners saints (whoo whoo)
As heads is tails (whoo whoo)
Just call me Lucifer (whoo whoo)
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint (whoo whoo)

So if you meet me (whoo whoo)
Have some courtesy (whoo whoo)
Have some sympathy, (whoo whoo) and some taste (whoo whoo)
Use all your well-learned politesse (whoo whoo)
Or I'll lay your(whoo whoo) soul to waste,(whoo whoo), um yeah (whoo whoo)

Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo, whoo)
But what's puzzling you (whoo whoo)
Is the nature of my game, (whoo whoo) um mean it, (whoo whoo) get down

Hope that helps! Probably one of the best songs they ever did, that and Mothers little helper.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

silversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant future

Just thought I'd post to say that there are people in the UK who are in a shit state, with kids and just one wage to support the family.
Money used from credit cards is often used to buy food shopping, as the monthly wage is often just enough for the mortgage and bills and transport money. Credit cards are becoming more and more of a neccessity than used for luxury holidays, fur coats and to put behind the bar for a night out.
Some people scam the government by saying they have split up so th woman doesn't have to worry about the mortgage and the husband secretly lives there, and they get benefits because of the lie told.
Lots of people with credit cards are just trying to live the truthful way, by not scamming th government, and really just want a better life for themselves and their children.
With extortionate charges I have alot of sympathy for people like this.
They are just trying to survive, and look for a better life, as many of you have realised, the UK (London particularly) has a shit standard of living.

stuckinblighty, good on you for asking.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
i dont know any more
great track... remind me who sang it ?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:11 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silversurfer
Just thought I'd post to say that there are people in the UK who are in a shit state, with kids and just one wage to support the family.
Money used from credit cards is often used to buy food shopping, as the monthly wage is often just enough for the mortgage and bills and transport money. Credit cards are becoming more and more of a neccessity than used for luxury holidays, fur coats and to put behind the bar for a night out.
Some people scam the government by saying they have split up so th woman doesn't have to worry about the mortgage and the husband secretly lives there, and they get benefits because of the lie told.
Lots of people with credit cards are just trying to live the truthful way, by not scamming th government, and really just want a better life for themselves and their children.
They are just trying to survive, and look for a better life, as many of you have realised, the UK (London particularly) has a shit standard of living.

Thanks silversurfer but i fear this thread is turning into a battle of good v's evil :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks silversurfer but i fear this thread is turning into a battle of good v's evil :scared:

they always do, lee, they always do.

best keep head down and gob shut until someone comes up with the info you wanted ... unless someone wants to throw a song in to pass the time, then its nice to join in

ps didnt have a clue what the song was until i saw the 'whoo whoo' lines
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silversurfer

What crap (cannot be bothered to say anything else).
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit
Drumroll......and the BE daily award for most eloquent poster is........you
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:30 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by borolad
great track... remind me who sang it ?

The Rolling Stones...thicky
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

good post
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Drumroll......and the BE daily award for most eloquent poster is........you
Cheers
Just com home after a hard days work.
Always pay my way. Have had hard times but have always believed in cutting my cloth to suit. If I want something I go out and work for it.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

silversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant future

Well said.

Hey.... :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:49 pm
A rather curious boy

Cheers
Just com home after a hard days work.
Always pay my way. Have had hard times but have always believed in cutting my cloth to suit. If I want something I go out and work for it.
I believe in that too and think that debt in often because people fall for all the marketing and ad-mens gimmicks....but I also believe that there are some people who really find themselves in the poverty trap and can't get themselves out of it.

I am on another thread on this at the moment but coming at it from the 'benefit scounger' side, the system is there as a safeguard for the genuinely needy, unfortunately some of the less savoury elements have taken the 'blank cheque' approach....to the detriment of all.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone had any experience coming to a settlement figure on credit card debt.for example if i owe £10,000 would they except a 'take it or leave it' settlement of £5,000 ?Would this have any effect on your credit rating in here or in Aus ?
Any info greatly appreciated
lee
I am in the business itself. I can give you hints and tips dependant on what stage your account is at.

To the second question, no it will not affect your credit rating in australia.

send me a PM if you want to chat about it.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Oct 28th 2006 at 7:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.