Reload this Page >

De Facto Spouse BEFORE or AFTER

De Facto Spouse BEFORE or AFTER

Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Default De Facto Spouse BEFORE or AFTER

Hi there,

was wondering if anyone can help me on wether it's easier to get a De facto spouse visa outside Australia or In side?

I've been with my partner for 3 years and we've been living together for 12months. He (Maty) has a permanent visa (thanks to his mum n dad) and I was just going to go over on a working holiday visa and apply for a de facto visa when I got there.

If anyone can let me know what they think is the best thing to do, that would be great?!

Thanx

Cat
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:58 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: De Facto Spouse BEFORE or AFTER

Hi Cat,

Firstly I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to apply from the UK and the processing time is faster especially if you front load. Have attached a document for you about front loading an application.

Here's some good starter links for you .....

http://www.iarc.asn.au/cis/pdf/cis04.pdf
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...ers/spouse.htm

If you haven't download Booklet 1 from www.immi.gov.au

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
front_end_loading.pdf (24.7 KB, 94 views)
Old Aug 14th 2004, 5:40 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm not sure about applying from Australia but I got mine in 3 weeks last year when I applied to London for my spouse visa. Good luck.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Hi there,

was wondering if anyone can help me on wether it's easier to get a De facto spouse visa outside Australia or In side?

I've been with my partner for 3 years and we've been living together for 12months. He (Maty) has a permanent visa (thanks to his mum n dad) and I was just going to go over on a working holiday visa and apply for a de facto visa when I got there.
How and when did he get his PR visa?

If he's just obtained it and is considered a dependent of his parents (for which he's normally expected to be single), then DIMIA will take an extremely dim view if he turns around and says he's actually in a de-facto relationship and may well cancel his PR visa.

You need to get very clear on this point, and get professional advice if necessary, before even thinking about applying for a spouse visa.

Jeremy
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: De Facto Spouse BEFORE or AFTER

Thank you very much for posting on my thread.

That fact had slipped my mind. Now I remember why I wasn't applying for that visa in the 1st place. (all the different visas and their information have pickled my brain )

Thank you very much for helping!