YES
92.59%
NO
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

daylight savings queensland

Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: daylight savings queensland

Originally Posted by JAJ
The question assumes that daylight savings should be used across Queensland when it is really only appropriate for the south-east corner of the state.

There is no reason why the entire state needs to be on the same time zone.

Jeremy
Except for the fact that as many Queenslanders actually believe the hens will stop laying if we have daylight saving....therefore its quite possible that if they were told Qld now has more than one time zone, their brains would finally fry from the stress!!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooh....I'm feeling conspicuous as the only no vote.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Except for the fact that as many Queenslanders actually believe the hens will stop laying if we have daylight saving....therefore its quite possible that if they were told Qld now has more than one time zone, their brains would finally fry from the stress!!!!!

At the end of the day, if the government refuses to move, businesses in SE Queensland could start opening earlier and closing earlier during the summer, effectively forcing the issue.

Jeremy
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:07 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Oooooh....I'm feeling conspicuous as the only no vote.

Why'd ya vote NO?

Come on justify yourself (is that a Madonna song?)

ADL
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Why'd ya vote NO?

Come on justify yourself (is that a Madonna song?)

ADL
In slightly rounded figures there is little more than an hour difference here all year round so I see no point.

Sunrise between 5.30 and 6.30am

Sunset between 6 and 7 pm
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:44 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix
In slightly rounded figures there is little more than an hour difference here all year round so I see no point.

Sunrise between 5.30 and 6.30am

Sunset between 6 and 7 pm
I love the sound of the birds in the morning, but at 5.30, rather it 6.30 also gives us a bit of time to unwind and let of a bit of steam with the children after skool and work. The best reason is not to switch the lights/TV/computer on so early therefore not to use soooo much energy. I really can't think of a reason not to! but after all I am slater.
Come back and give me some valid reasons, not cows and curtains please, I ain't fick.

Slater
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:15 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Probably in favour, except for those worried about the curtains on the school bus fading which would result in the spots on the cows fading while they were being delivered late to the dairy. LOL
I can't see that daylight saving would be of much use in the far north of Queensland, where the length of day is - more or less - the same all year round. (It is of course a bit longer in the southern summer, but the difference is not great.) It could make sense in the south-east of the state though - being further from the equator, the daylight hours in summer are longer, and being a long way east in its time zone, the sun rises quite early and sets quite early. In addition, one of the few highly populated areas around a state border in Australia - the NSW-Queensland border on the coast - now has different times during the summer months, which is a nuisance.

There are states in the USA where not all areas keep the same clock time, and everyone seems to cope there. As long as the boundary areas are well advertised and don't pass through heavily populated areas, having two time zones in Queensland oughtn't to be a problem, I'd say.