YES
92.59%
NO
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

daylight savings queensland

Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default daylight savings queensland

I came across this http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/EPe...cgi?PetNum=553

So are people in Queenland in favour of daylight savings or not, im trying to attach a poll but not sure how to do it
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: daylight savings queensland

Originally Posted by lawlaw
I came across this http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/EPe...cgi?PetNum=553

So are people in Queenland in favour of daylight savings or not, im trying to attach a poll but not sure how to do it
Probably in favour, except for those worried about the curtains on the school bus fading which would result in the spots on the cows fading while they were being delivered late to the dairy. LOL

One little old lady once rang a radio station to say 'that we shouldnt interfer with God's time'. WTF??!!!

Must have been the 11th commandment or something that broke off the stone tablet.

Sorry, but the daylight saving argument becomes emotionally illogical in QLD.
It was trialled for one year but everything faded (oops may have been the government of the day, cant remember).

Powerpoint Pete the gymnast wont make an executive decision on this one.

WW
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Main argument (well logical argument) against it seems to be why add another hour of heat to the end of the day, however if you think about it, its still warm/hot at night anyway I wouldnt call trying to sleep in 28 degrees cool

I'd vote to change it but school hours here seriously need to be looked at, kids could go 7 - 1 instead of the present system where they are thrown out into the mid day sun for an hour, which the gov tells us to avoid.
Even with daylight saving it would be light at 5.30 in summer, most kids here are naturally getting up at 5 am anyway.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Main argument (well logical argument) against it seems to be why add another hour of heat to the end of the day, however if you think about it, its still warm/hot at night anyway I wouldnt call trying to sleep in 28 degrees cool

I'd vote to change it but school hours here seriously need to be looked at, kids could go 7 - 1 instead of the present system where they are thrown out into the mid day sun for an hour, which the gov tells us to avoid.
Even with daylight saving it would be light at 5.30 in summer, most kids here are naturally getting up at 5 am anyway.

I had the same thought about kids goping earlier but then they are home from 1.30 onwards.... thats gonna make a long bloody day with them.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I had the same thought about kids goping earlier but then they are home from 1.30 onwards.... thats gonna make a long bloody day with them.
Could see that causing problems for working parents too? And as soon as we have a pupil-free day here the office is full of kids without daycare
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:09 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Could see that causing problems for working parents too? And as soon as we have a pupil-free day here the office is full of kids without daycare
I hope you do the right thing and get them making the tea and coffee and doing your photocopying etc. Then you can label it work experience.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:12 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused? Kids go to school at 7 ????? I just want to point out that in my particular little bit of Qld there is only one 7 O'Clock in the day - coming home time.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
I hope you do the right thing and get them making the tea and coffee and doing your photocopying etc. Then you can label it work experience.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Slave labour? Of course, isn't that what they're for?!!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:16 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

5am......FFS my daughter growls at me when I drag her outta bed at 7.30am lol and if they had to be at school for 7am would mean they need to be in bed by 6.30pm hmmmm canny see them buyin that lolthey would never see their daddy
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:59 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

They need about 3 hours of daylight savings to do any good at all. That way we'ed have nice light evenings until 10 and it wouldn't get light at bl**dy 3am !!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:06 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Me and the Mrs really want to move to Tweed, but this is the only reason we haven't, given that I'd be working in Qld and really don't wanna commute through a time zone gettting home to the Mrs really late in her mind.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Most schools hours are 9am-3pm, with breaks at 11am & 1pm. moving the clocks forward would effectively mean that school hours of 9-3 would be 8am-2pm with breaks at 10 & 12 (in real non daylight savings time). Actually better off for the kids IMO.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:17 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
They need about 3 hours of daylight savings to do any good at all. That way we'ed have nice light evenings until 10 and it wouldn't get light at bl**dy 3am !!!
2 would be a good compromise .

BTW, Im with you biggy - I have to drag my kids out of bed at 7-7.30am every morning for school - they will happily sleep til 8 or later on weekends if I let them & they are only 7, not teenagers :scared: .
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:46 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
2 would be a good compromise .

BTW, Im with you biggy - I have to drag my kids out of bed at 7-7.30am every morning for school - they will happily sleep til 8 or later on weekends if I let them & they are only 7, not teenagers :scared: .

my kids r 9 and 10 god help me when they r teenagers
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The question assumes that daylight savings should be used across Queensland when it is really only appropriate for the south-east corner of the state.

There is no reason why the entire state needs to be on the same time zone.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.