Reload this Page >

Darwin School Advice

Darwin School Advice

Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

RedRoser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Darwin School Advice

Hi
we will be moving to Darwin in the coming weeks and have decided between 2 schools for our 4 year old, Wanguri Primary School or Marrara Christian College.

Our concern with Marrara is that we are not practicing Christians and the literature for the school suggests a real focus on God and faith.

Does anyone have or know children that go to Marrara who have some more insight into this?

Thx
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default Re: Darwin School Advice

State schools opt out of religion in NT. I have taught at stuart park school.
St andrew's lutheran school is a lovely small school in the northern suburbs. New head with lots of enthusiasm.
I have just got a job at St mary's catholic school and have decided to move children there despite being CoE as my daughter us missing the religious aspect of her life.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

I will add education standards are catching up in Darwin so go somewhere with good results and high expectations first and foremost.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Geordie Mandy's kids went to Marrara Christian College. Maybe drop her a quick PM x
Old Jan 28th 2014, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedRoser
Hi
we will be moving to Darwin in the coming weeks and have decided between 2 schools for our 4 year old, Wanguri Primary School or Marrara Christian College.

Our concern with Marrara is that we are not practicing Christians and the literature for the school suggests a real focus on God and faith.

Does anyone have or know children that go to Marrara who have some more insight into this?

Thx
Hi there
2 of my kids started out at Wanguri and were there 6 months and they hated it. It was not a good school for my kids. They went to Marrara Christian college from Jan 2011 till the end of the school year 2013 when we moved. Our family are Christians but haven't attended church in years due to so many other commitments. I never found religion was shoved down my throat. On the whole I was happy with the education my kids received and have remained friends with my eldest son's year 9 teacher and my youngest son's year 6 teacher. I did have a few issues with the head of primary over the way my son was treat who had aspergers and adhd. But for my other boys no issues at all. I found being honest and upfront about our religious views on the school interview was appreciated. For the fees the school charges I found it to offer a good education and was one of the best schools in Darwin.
Mandy