Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:12 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

Originally Posted by WillBlack
A cool day this time of the year at Tennant Creek. Long sleeves and trousers weather.
Tennant Creek is always pretty hot though.

Saying 36 is warm is like saying a tropical downfall in Singapore is drizzle.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sn...hredbo-village
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:32 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Tennant Creek is always pretty hot though.

Saying 36 is warm is like saying a tropical downfall in Singapore is drizzle.
For those who live in Tenant Creek, 36 feels coolish at this time of the year.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

For those who live in Tenant Creek, 36 feels coolish at this time of the year.
Yeah but who the hell wants to live there though?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:25 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yeah but who the hell wants to live there though?
What a silly question. The inhabitants, of course. Else they'd bugger off.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

What a silly question. The inhabitants, of course. Else they'd bugger off.
Oh get over yourself, it was said in jest!
Is the heat getting to you? Go take a cold shower!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

urgh winge winge winge
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wednesfield wolf
here's an idea.......

if you don't like it.
bugger off.

next you'll be complaining the sea's too wet and the sky's too blue.

Jeez, wonder where the ozzies get the "whinging Pom" thing from???

In the words of Chopper "toughen the f**k up"
Particularly unnecessary and obnoxious post in my opinion. Try having a smidgen of compassion for a fellow human being and don't be so damn unpleasant.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Oh get over yourself, it was said in jest!
Is the heat getting to you? Go take a cold shower!
Oh, humour.

Why are double prams the best sellers in Tenant Creek? Space for an extra case of VB.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Seriously tho ..I've been here a little over a year and whilst i've experienced some real hot days ..i just never let it get to me...Its really not that bad and its not as if you cant escape it ..jump in the pool..go shopping in the air-con .... is it really worth getting yourself down about it ... We spent a lot of time and effort getting here and i'm happy to enjoy Australia for what it is ...like you say a beautiful hot country

Sunbound
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Seriously tho ..I've been here a little over a year and whilst i've experienced some real hot days ..i just never let it get to me...Its really not that bad and its not as if you cant escape it ..jump in the pool..go shopping in the air-con .... is it really worth getting yourself down about it ... We spent a lot of time and effort getting here and i'm happy to enjoy Australia for what it is ...like you say a beautiful hot country

Sunbound
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

I've been back in the UK for 8 weeks now and its probably not rained for 7 days in total, what a cold, wet, windy and miserable place the UK is. November has just been the wettest on record.
I dont miss the weather 1 tiny bit, stroll on next week when I'm back to sunny, hot and humid days
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So going by what people are saying, I don't think I'd like the Perth or Adelaide climate at all. Sounds too hot and too dry for my liking. Early to Mid 30s with humidity suits me down to the ground. Hot and dry leaves me too breathless and you burn too easily (or so it seems). Good job we settled here, obviously
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Particularly unnecessary and obnoxious post in my opinion. Try having a smidgen of compassion for a fellow human being and don't be so damn unpleasant.
Well said My thoughts exactly.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dave99
I have been here 4 years and dont know if I can face another summer, its just to damn hot already
Positive proof of global warming then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.