Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dam then Critters

Dam then Critters

Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough
Default Dam then Critters

Has anybody got a sure fire way of stopping mosquito's from biting you. i feel like a pin cushion some times. It's like they have taken the whole family out for a 3 course meal at my skin/bloods expense. We have been here 18 months so it's not like we are fresh blood for them. the Aerosols and Citronella they laugh at that.. :curse:
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dam then Critters

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
Has anybody got a sure fire way of stopping mosquito's from biting you. i feel like a pin cushion some times. It's like they have taken the whole family out for a 3 course meal at my skin/bloods expense. We have been here 18 months so it's not like we are fresh blood for them. the Aerosols and Citronella they laugh at that.. :curse:
1 part dettol mixed with 4 parts baby oil (or other oil). Nothing gets through it according to a mate I have who last weekend just passed his first whole year of camping non stop. He mixes it in one of those spray bottles you use for the ironing water. He said he enjoys passing the time watching blowies try and wipe their feet clean on his esky lid after landing on him.

I've heard other experienced campers give similar advice. Oh, and he reckons bushmans is the best regular mossie spray.

Last edited by fish.01; Feb 24th 2010 at 7:06 am.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bushman's do a strong heavy duty gel which works. However this summer (up here anyway) has been really bad for mossies and the husband can be outside and have about three different types of repellent on him and still be eaten alive. He's never suffered like this before. They don't bother me or the girls.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:40 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
you need some insect spray with 40% deet. Make sure that you follow the instructions on the bottle.