Dalkeith?

Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

AmyLuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dalkeith?

Originally Posted by Mammabear
You are going to be looking at $2 million minimum to buy a house in Dalkeith if you do like living in the area. Even with your £500,000 deposit, you are still going to have a huge mortgage to actually live there? What other areas are of interest to you? What other schools factor highly on your search?
Hi momma bear. Thank you for that, we can safely cross Falkeith off our list lol! Well I initily just looked on the top primary school rankings which is where we found Dalkeith. We are happy to go anyway with a good school that's not too far from hubby's work base really, open to ideas. I did previously state that his mate owns property in Quinns Rocks- do you know what it's like there? Thanks in advance x
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

If Dalkeith is like Mayfair, Quinns Rock is like East Croydon
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work with a lady who lives there, can't say that I've heard anything negative from her, other than the usual traffic moans? We have friends who just bought a house in the Hilary's area. Her two boys are aged 5 and 7, they are enjoying the local primary school there. They had been attending a private school, and she opted to move them, so I'm assuming the local one must be good? A neighbor moved to live around the City Beach area for their daughter to attend a primary school there? Our two are both grown and working, hence I can't give you a personal recommendation
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:27 am
Account Closed

Butler was mentioned above, it is also known as Little Britain. More Brits live there than any other nationality.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmyLuke
Hi very stormy, yes that's what we will be doing. Then, if we're happy and daughter is then we will sell our UK home and put our money towards buying a property there. Apparently the guy he will be working for said it's $1 per brick and he currently lays between 600-700 a day here so we shouldn't be too bad. Correct me if I'm wrong
Have you had the $1 per brick payment in writing? Because a quick google comes up as an average pay for a bricklayer in Perth as $29.77/hr or $55,365 annually?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

I work with a lady who lives there, can't say that I've heard anything negative from her, other than the usual traffic moans? We have friends who just bought a house in the Hilary's area. Her two boys are aged 5 and 7, they are enjoying the local primary school there. They had been attending a private school, and she opted to move them, so I'm assuming the local one must be good? A neighbor moved to live around the City Beach area for their daughter to attend a primary school there? Our two are both grown and working, hence I can't give you a personal recommendation
City beach and Hilary's! Got it! Will check them out today, thank you for your help x
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Have you had the $1 per brick payment in writing? Because a quick google comes up as an average pay for a bricklayer in Perth as $29.77/hr or $55,365 annually?
Oh really? Yeah his contract that they've sent him over States $1 a brick and his mate who he used to work with who went over last year to work for same man is also on $1 per brick. We had no contact with him until last night when hubby found him on Facebook (we didn't have Facebook before lol)
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

So your not an accountant (by Australian Standards) Your hubby is essentially going to make 55k a year which is like earning 7-8 Pounds an hour (adult minimum wage almost)

You'll need millions for City Beach and at least a million or so for Hillarys.

You need to do some more research on this one, before you potential dump 500k sterling into the Australian property ponzi scheme.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geezer123
If you are a professional living in Houston, I might believe you lol. x
Believe what you want to believe champ

I'm just telling it like it is
Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer123
So your not an accountant (by Australian Standards) Your hubby is essentially going to make 55k a year which is like earning 7-8 Pounds an hour (adult minimum wage almost)

You'll need millions for City Beach and at least a million or so for Hillarys.

You need to do some more research on this one, before you potential dump 500k sterling into the Australian property ponzi scheme.
I'll avoid any Croydon type areas- don't want to live round people like you. No offence, of course and yes dear, for the last time, I am an accountant and also, I do qualify for working in Australia as one and to correct your poor mathematics skills- $1 per brick on an average of 650 bricks a day does not equate to 7 dollars an hour!
Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I'll avoid any Croydon type areas- don't want to live round people like you. No offence, of course and yes dear, for the last time, I am an accountant and also, I do qualify for working in Australia as one and to correct your poor mathematics skills- $1 per brick on an average of 650 bricks a day does not equate to 7 dollars an hour!
Have you actually got a visa yet?

.....or have either of you had your skills assessed?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
Have you actually got a visa yet?

.....or have either of you had your skills assessed?
Both had skills assessed and in process of obtaining 189 visa
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Both had skills assessed and in process of obtaining 189 visa
Bizarre I know, but one thing you really need to know about this website is that the majority of posters hate Australia

If I can give you one tip - don't make major decisions based on what you read on here

Good luck
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Bizarre I know, but one thing you really need to know about this website is that the majority of posters hate Australia

If I can give you one tip - don't make major decisions based on what you read on here

Good luck
Disagree. Many dislike their lives here and some do hate Australia but it's definitely not majority. However some do enjoy trying to put would be migrants down for no other reason than their own enjoyment whilst others manage to show the negatives in a more graceful manner.

To the OP, you mentioned you were looking at this area because of school rankings. My girls are in their 20s now but I've always taken rankings with a pinch of salt. So once you get your visa, get over here, get a short term/holiday rental and check suburbs and schools out for yourself. A school could be top ranking with bells and whistles but your child could be seriously unhappy there. Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Disagree. Many dislike their lives here and some do hate Australia but it's definitely not majority. However some do enjoy trying to put would be migrants down for no other reason than their own enjoyment whilst others manage to show the negatives in a more graceful manner.

To the OP, you mentioned you were looking at this area because of school rankings. My girls are in their 20s now but I've always taken rankings with a pinch of salt. So once you get your visa, get over here, get a short term/holiday rental and check suburbs and schools out for yourself. A school could be top ranking with bells and whistles but your child could be seriously unhappy there. Good luck.
Nope, disagree. Still think that they general attitude of this forum is anti-Australian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.