Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CSA payments when emigrating!!!!

CSA payments when emigrating!!!!

Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down CSA payments when emigrating!!!!

OK.....thought this may be of interest to some of you.

My ex was paying me £29 a month regular maintenance via the CSA (through an attachments of earnings). He was also paying £23 off his arrears......so I was receiving £52 a month in total.
On New Year's Eve the CSA phoned me as they had been informed I was emigrating to Australia (no guesses who informed them!!!) and asked if I was aware that I had to inform them of the date I would be leaving the UK because my ex would no longer be liable to pay child support.
I stated I knew I had to inform them but explained I wasn't leaving the UK just yet as my house still hasn't sold.
A week later I get a letter from the CSA saying my ex is now claiming benefits and therefore I am now entitled to £0 a week in regular maintenance(LOL!!!)
Today I get another phonecall from the CSA asking if I would like to close my case as no payments are being paid. So I asked about the arrears, as that money is owed from years ago when I was still living in the UK.
Turns out that even arrears cannot be paid when I leave the UK as it is then out of their Jurisdiction to collect it for me :curse:
I'm not getting any money off my ex even though I'm still in the UK......and he only paid something when the CSA tracked his employer down to do the attachment of earnings.
I'm not expecting any money from him at all now, as he probably has gone on the dole to stop paying me, and is working cash in hand somewhere.........but I am really frustrated that the arrears will be wiped off the minute I leave the UK..........especially as I was in the UK when he should have paid me that money!!!
You would have thought that the CSA could still collect any arrears on my behalf if I left a UK bank account open for the money to be transferred into!!!
Moan over,
Beth x x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CSA payments when emigrating!!!!

Hi Beth,

A link for you

http://www.csa.gov.au/international/uk.aspx
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:07 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well well well That's the icing on the cake that is!!!!
Smiling from ear to ear.......with little devil horns appearing......hee hee
Probably need the court order to enforce the payments though
Nice one Wendy.............why couldn't the British CSA just tell me that?!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: CSA payments when emigrating!!!!

last year when just enquiring the csa told me that the arrears could be paid into the uk bank account? I have never seen any money and TBH dont expect to as my ex job hops so next time he is found then he will be getting the courts/baliffs apparentlyand thats just for back payments! he does owe just under about £6000.
youngest adopted now by my hubby but the ex's get away with so much:curse:

understand your moan

kath x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by kjc79
last year when just enquiring the csa told me that the arrears could be paid into the uk bank account? I have never seen any money and TBH dont expect to as my ex job hops so next time he is found then he will be getting the courts/baliffs apparentlyand thats just for back payments! he does owe just under about £6000.
youngest adopted now by my hubby but the ex's get away with so much:curse:

understand your moan

kath x
Glad I'm not the only one with tight ex's
Mine certainly won't be smiling for too long after I've left the UK.......(Thankyou Wendy)
Beth x x