Crown Quote!!!

Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Default Crown Quote!!!

We have just been given a quote by Crown for removals 650 cubic feet £3700 :scared: 20ft groupage.
We had a quote last year 610 cubic feet £2500. Don't know what to do now shall I start getting other quotes again? or shall I just bite the bullet?
Love
Elfin
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Crown Quote!!!

Originally Posted by elfin
We have just been given a quote by Crown for removals 650 cubic feet £3700 :scared: 20ft groupage.
We had a quote last year 610 cubic feet £2500. Don't know what to do now shall I start getting other quotes again? or shall I just bite the bullet?
Love
Elfin

Dont know what is going on with Crown these days-we are going to Perth in September and just got a quote for sole use container-650 cubic feet for £3641. I know they get really good reports on BE but they do seem to have gotten quite expensive recently.

Marlyn
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Default Re: Crown Quote!!!

Originally Posted by ozzymaz
Dont know what is going on with Crown these days-we are going to Perth in September and just got a quote for sole use container-650 cubic feet for £3641. I know they get really good reports on BE but they do seem to have gotten quite expensive recently.

Marlyn
We are giong from Cheshire to Melbourne and we knew the quote would be more but it seems so much more. We are now thinking of using a local company like Cheshire Removals, and pay extra to insure everything.
Elfin
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Love
Elfin
At least they bothered to give you a quote. I phoned them twice and they didn't have the courtesy to phone me back - obviously my £3,700 is not good enough for them.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzymaz

Marlyn
They smashed about 27 things of ours - perhaps they are recouping what they lost on our insurance!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Love
Elfin

we used crown we got them down by around £ 400 as we quoted what other shippers had offered, worth a try, we had shared container and in total it was £3000 that was with all insurance our stuff has just been delivered to brisbane in may and nothing was dammaged at all excellent service from crown..
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Love
Elfin
We moved Peterborough area to Perth a year ago and the quote we had from Crown was ridiculous compared to the others we got - I think it was over £2k more :scared: The guy from Crown did seem the most professional of the ones that came to the house because he had a fancy brochure, but not that much! When I phoned the office later to check some things they didn't seem too sure about some of the rules around importing our cars (we brought our 2 cars in a 40ft with our furniture etc). That was enough to put me right off.

We ended up with PSS - couldn't fault them (apart from the Kent guys at this end who weren't too keen on unpacking the boxes - which a phone call to the depot quickly sorted out!). By the way, PSS didn't come to the house - they did the quote based on the size that the others estimated when they came round.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:13 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Love
Elfin
Past the depot for Crown on my way to Mt Martha.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:16 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Do crown still do the 7 T-chests for 350? Any one got a link to their site?
We still have boxes to ship over!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Love
Elfin
Hi we have had 2 quotes this week for sole use of a 20ft container to Sydney whites £3190 and crown £4600 and they didnt even come themselves asked Britannia to come and do the quote for them we have PSS coming next week I dont think we will be useing crown
Janet
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi we have had 2 quotes this week for sole use of a 20ft container to Sydney whites £3190 and crown £4600 and they didnt even come themselves asked Britannia to come and do the quote for them we have PSS coming next week I dont think we will be useing crown
Janet
I've tried to haggle with Crown but they don't want to know!
Elfin
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

yep we had an expensive quote from crown too - £4600 ish for sole use of 20 ft container, fully packed. did give good impression of good service, we liked knowing it would be crown in adelaide too.

waiting for quotes back from john masons and abels.