Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Criminal record anyone???

Criminal record anyone???

Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Criminal record anyone???

I received a caution in 2002 for common assault ( i know its not the same ) but we followed Pollyanna advice. We included a written statement of the actual details of what happened and that I had been a good boy since.
I got my Visa no problems.
I would try to be as honest as possible - as others have said on this forum.

Good Luck

Steve
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:56 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynne & steve
I received a caution in 2002 for common assault ( i know its not the same ) but we followed Pollyanna advice. We included a written statement of the actual details of what happened and that I had been a good boy since.
I got my Visa no problems.
I would try to be as honest as possible - as others have said on this forum.

Good Luck

Steve
We've done all the above so fingers crossed
Good luck to all who've taken the time and effort to reply XXXX
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:19 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
We've done all the above so fingers crossed
Good luck to all who've taken the time and effort to reply XXXX
Any one who's not go through...?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:29 am
Cheeky member

C'Mon where r u?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

C'Mon where r u?
been on the site two years and come across some pretty long records, but not heard on any refusals. There may be some, but they aren't posting on here.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
been on the site two years and come across some pretty long records, but not heard on any refusals. There may be some, but they aren't posting on here.
I have done a search on here for refusals and I think 1 comes up (nothing to do with crim record), either people don't post on here if they are refused (cos they are upset maybe?) or the powers from above delete the posts (am I getting paranoid?)

If I am refused because of my criminal record I can assure you all I will post on here with the full details. Should know within a few weeks.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:12 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

C'Mon where r u?
Sorry but.....

the thread question reminds me of the joke going around when Clive Woodward took the England rugby team into Perth on arrival for the start of the 2003 World Cup.

When asked by the immigration official "have you got a criminal record mate?" he replied "I didn't know you still needed one".

........ as I said, sorry, couldn't help it.

Good luck with your application

Jim
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

juliawoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am extremely worried about the same thing now. I have got a caution 2 years ago in England, and not sure how it would affect my work permit application in Belgium. The piloce officer told there will not be conviction record, but the caution will show up. Anyone knows this? And who knows how the british (issued by police not CRB) 'confirmation of no conviction criminal record' look like? Thank you very much!!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

IF its only a caution then don't worry as i have already said i went to court for the things i did and found guilty. Just get some good refrencies and that will sort you out