Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old May 30th 2009, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by Deancm
A bit of a catch22 situation as well because the more noise Indians make about it the more it will piss of the Aussies and more attacks could happen. Also, because India is being so vocal about it and threatening to pull students out of Australia, some Aussies might get the idea that if the attacks continue the students will stop coming here or go home.
I would love Coburg to become a center for Indians. I'd like to see the Malls become a bit like Brick Lane, with the associated bars etc. The Indian consulate is in Coburg and there are a lot of Indians around here. I dont think there is too much of a problem in this area for them.

Melburnians as a whole are used to big waves of Migrants and students, there are always incidents along the way. I really thought there was going to be major trouble with the Somalians, however that seems to have settled down now. Before them the Greeks and the Italians copped quite a bit of flack, but they adjusted quite well and have settled. It does seem that the Indians are copping it far worse than most groups though. Why do their women, who could well be a major asset in all of this assimilating, seem so quiet ?
Old May 30th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I really thought there was going to be major trouble with the Somalians, however that seems to have settled down now.
I didn't think there were that many Somalians here, which could have an effect. In any case areas such as Sunshine and West Footscray (I think) really do have a lot of trouble from immigrant groups - usually not whites, and the Indians are also quite capable of traveling in gangs and committing violent offenses as I was witness to one against a Chinese man in Footscray last year.
Old May 30th 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
I didn't think there were that many Somalians here, which could have an effect. In any case areas such as Sunshine and West Footscray (I think) really do have a lot of trouble from immigrant groups - usually not whites, and the Indians are also quite capable of traveling in gangs and committing violent offenses as I was witness to one against a Chinese man in Footscray last year.
There are a lot of Somalians in Heidelberg and Dandenong by all accounts, oh and definitely around the Flemington Flats, which for a while 2 years ago was almost a no go area, due to lots of muggings, which are quite unusual here.

There seems to have been a lot of trouble around Footscray station.
Old May 30th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

One thing sticks in my mind when considering the current mini crime wave... every weekday on the drive to work, heading east on the freeway, there are usually a good number of cops. These cops are in marked and unmarked cars, constantly stopping people for seat belts and minor speeding, and working to address the 'road toll' on a very safe stretch of road. As a safe driver with 15 years no claims in the UK, I've been stopped and/or breath tested more times in 9 months here than in my whole life in Manchester (passed by the way).

Might sound cynical, but stopping fights does not generate revenue. And it must be a pure coincidence that I have never seen the cops walking down the street at night in my inner city suburb.

And I'm not in favour of a police state, but if we're paying taxes for cops, their skills should be spread around a bit.
Old May 30th 2009, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sean101
Might sound cynical, but stopping fights does not generate revenue. And it must be a pure coincidence that I have never seen the cops walking down the street at night in my inner city suburb.

And I'm not in favour of a police state, but if we're paying taxes for cops, their skills should be spread around a bit.
Hit the nail on the head.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

A couple of points. In comparing the earlier migrants, like the Greeks and Vietnamese to the current crop of Indian migrants, there are a few differences. Firstly, there is a perception that many Australian jobs are being sent offshore to India. Add to that the fear that the dwindling amount of jobs that are left in Austalia are being taken by hordes of cheap labour from Asia. The fear of Indians stealing Aussie jobs is not good, in these very bad economic times when people are losing their jobs.

When the big waves of Italian and Greeks arrived in Australia back in the 50s and 60s, business was booming and there were jobs for everyone. The only racial issues at that time were that Australia had been an isolated country made up of anglos and irish, with aborigines consigned to the rural areas and rarely seen in the cities. It was a shock to the Aussie to deal with people speaking strange languages and with different customs. But it only took a short time for those guys to be assimilated into the fold, and embrace the Aussie way of life.

These current times are different. The job market is in turmoil, jobs are being lost with little hope of them ever coming back. Some Aussies that have lost their jobs and are at risk of losing their houses will be very angry people and will be looking for scapegoats to blame for the mess. The reality is that most of the rubbish factory and unskilled work that the young bogans would be looking for have gone to China not to India. So you would probably expect them to target Chinese, if they were being rational about it.

But these guys are probably not the brightest of individuals so they probably dont care who they target. A young bogan from Broadmeadows who has just missed out on his 100th job application for some shitty job in a shop or a factory, will probably not be very happy after a night spent drinking strong lager with his mates, to get on the long train ride home to his squalid housing commission home in the sticks, and see a foreigner siting up in the carriage like Lord Muck, wearing flashy clothes and ipod headphones or talking loudly in foreign lingo into a state of the art mobile phone.

Young males usually dont need much of an excuse to punch someone. I used to go out drinking in Melbourne in the 60's and you could get a punch in the face for having long hair or wearing fashionable clothing. There would be large groups of young men from the western suburbs called Sharpies, prowling the streets and the stations looking for Mods or Hippies to bash. Just dressing differently to other people can be a good enough excuse to be bashed by some of the low lifes that are about, and always will be about.

But with regard to these recent attacks, do we even know if the attackers are "Australian" whatever that label even means these days? Certainly the stabbing that took place in Melbourne last week was a white "Australian" being killed by three asians. There seems to be plenty of violence between different ethnic groups in Melbourne, with no Australian involvement at all.

There seem to be plenty of bashings around Melbourne carried out by Africans and Pacific Islanders. So slow down before tarring all Australians as racists because a few people are bashed or mugged on a train.

At least in Australia, you are not at risk of being pulled off a train and set on fire as has been know to happen to people in India who happen to be the wrong religion. Or to be in a hotel and have armed men running through the hotel looking for "Westerners" to kill, as also happened in India recently. Only a few weeks ago I read about Sikhs killing each other in a temple. Maybe its safer for these guys to be in Melbourne than in their own country? The Indian authorities and press that are slagging off Australia as a racist country, should remember that people in glass houses should be careful about throwing stones.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UncleKev
At least in Australia, you are not at risk of being pulled off a train and set on fire as has been know to happen to people in India who happen to be the wrong religion. Or to be in a hotel and have armed men running through the hotel looking for "Westerners" to kill, as also happened in India recently. Only a few weeks ago I read about Sikhs killing each other in a temple. Maybe its safer for these guys to be in Melbourne than in their own country? The Indian authorities and press that are slagging off Australia as a racist country, should remember that people in glass houses should be careful about throwing stones.
It's a reasonable point, and it is annoying how sanctimonious some other nations become as they ignore their own country. A few Indians being bashed/robbed is of course terribly minor in comparison to a country with 1 billion people, many of which are still subject to caste systems, tribal violence, inter-religious violence etc etc. I guess it only affects rich Indians that can afford to send their kids overseas.

In any case the dislike of them I think is much more than just taking jobs. (I think many of the perpetrators of violence are not the sort that would be keen on working anyway)

People are just fed up of smelly taxi drivers who try to rip you off, or are aggressive and rude. Most Melbournites seem to have a bad taxi-driver story. Then there are the insufferable call-centres, that drive you to drink as you try to understand them, or them to understand you and even if that is the case actually trying to get a resolution. I was once told to "Go to hell" purely because I said I didn't want a phone contract from an unsolicited call. When they come into workplaces they are often rude, cagey about answers or downright liars, and more than 2 of them and they often revert back to their own language when they don't want you to hear. Then the visa abuse where many are faking course attendance or using hairdressing or cookery course purely to gain residence. And having a few Polynesian friends who work doors on various Melbourne venues by all accounts their respect for women is also something that leaves room for improvement as well.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
or using hairdressing or cookery course purely to gain residence.
There are a lot of British doing that as well.....and a few of them post on here.

G
Old May 30th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by UncleKev
But these guys are probably not the brightest of individuals so they probably dont care who they target. A young bogan from Broadmeadows who has just missed out on his 100th job application for some shitty job in a shop or a factory, will probably not be very happy after a night spent drinking strong lager with his mates, to get on the long train ride home to his squalid housing commission home in the sticks, and see a foreigner siting up in the carriage like Lord Muck, wearing flashy clothes and ipod headphones or talking loudly in foreign lingo into a state of the art mobile phone.
Hi Kev,

Not wanting to contradict your interesting post... the issue of alcohol in the bloodstream of the lad from Broady and the ipod in the pocket of the foreign lad is worth a closer look I reckon.

I started to think (before I left the UK) that it's simply a cultural difference. As a young lad, I wondered why the Chinese guy at the end of the road had a new sports car and flashy clothes, while us local poms had a scruffy old car and 'last seasons' clothes. There was no obvious difference in earnings, but I never saw the Chinese guy down the local pub. Or in the off-license
(bottle shop).

Is it possible that Anglo/Australian/Irish culture is to get drunk at the weekend (with all the amplified testosterone and lack of judgement that comes in the package), and that our Oriental friends spend their money on other stuff? And if that is true, who is at fault?
Old May 30th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Hi Sean,
I think both are at fault to some degree.

Young guys getting drunk and beating up people for the fun of it are at fault. Sadly it will probably keep happening until they ban alcohol and put something in the water supply to curb male aggression. I certainly saw my share of drunken brawls and bashings around London and Reading during my time in the UK. I have seen TV footage of massive brawls and riots in India with people being bashed to death with sticks. At least that does not happen here, even at our only race riot in recent memory at Cronulla, where I believe there were no deaths reported.

On the other hand, the young Indian students and professionals need to wisen up as well. Youth unemployment in Melbourne is sky-rocketing. So if I was a young student or professional guy in Melbourne I would certainly be street smart, and dress down. Wear scruffy clothes, don't display flashy watches, white ipod earbuds, expensive mobile phones with a loud ring tone that sounds like a cat being raped and just draws attention to you. Its just common sense. When I commuted home from London I would always ditch the tie, leave the suit jacket at work and wear a bulky jacket to bulk myself up, and be very picky about which train carriage I got into. Certainly NEVER carried a laptop or flash mobile phone. I sed to carry my valuables items in a scruffy old back pack instead of a brief case. I have let trains go and got the next one in London when I saw dodgy characters on the train as it pulled into the station.

But as for these latest spate of bashings in Melbourne, it looks like a lot of the bashings and picking on Indians is being done by Africans, Pacific Islanders and people of "middle eastern appearance". If the Melbourne police crack down on those groups they will be accused of racism by the press in their countries of origin, so it is really almost impossible to win for the local cops. I have checked out some of the local forums and people are seething about the knee-jerk reaction and misinformation.

It really annoys me that Australia welcomes in people from violent cultures and then when they beat up people from another ethnic group the overseas press start talking about racist Aussies, as if large gangs of Shane Warne look alikes are running around the streets beating up foreigners.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...3-2862,00.html

MELBOURNE'S Indian and Pakistani taxi drivers are being bashed and robbed by African youth gangs.

And there are fears the number of attacks reported to Victoria Police is only the tip of the iceberg.

The hot spot for inter-racial violence is Melbourne's inner north. This year between May 8 and August 2 there were 12 reported robberies on taxi drivers in Flemington, Moonee Ponds and Ascot Vale.

Police will not officially acknowledge any particular ethnic group is a target, or that any other group is carrying out the crimes.

But in every case the victims told police their attackers were African and there was always more than one. Knives are the weapon in most taxi robberies reported to police, but meat cleavers and screw drivers have also been used.

Ten of the 12 victims are from the Indian sub-continent, but police are not prepared to say Melbourne's foreign student taxi drivers have become targets.

Det Sgt Paul Lunt from the armed robbery taskforce said taxi drivers were being chosen because they were seen by some as soft targets.

"I can't think of a time in the last five years when we've had a series of attacks like this on cab drivers," Det Sgt Lunt said.

"If they commit one robbery it becomes easier to carry out the next one and the one after, and they do escalate in violence as they become a series.

"What starts as a threat demanding money progresses into actual violence."

Liberal MP Bernie Finn, whose electorate covers the danger zone, said police had to start acknowledging they had a gang problem.

"What we need to do is round up the ringleaders of these gangs and send them home," Mr Finn said.

"We are more than capable of producing our own thugs and thieves without importing them.

"The biggest hurdle we face is that we have a chief commissioner of police who refuses to accept that gangs exist. She won't even say the word gang."
Old May 30th 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deancm
Tell that to the Indian guy that got bashed on the train, or the Indian guy that got stabbed with a screwdriver.

Yeah, America is one f **ked up place; always trying to be better than everyone else.

First of all, I wasn't talking about murders in Melbourne, I was talking about street violence ie fights, assaults. Obviously there are more murders in the US. In London, someone get shot or stabbed every day. There is no comparision.
Obviously random crime happens and it happens everywhere. If you think Melbourne is bad because of that look at any other city of that size and you will find the same random acts of violence there too.

When you say there is no comparison are you saying there is no comparison in violence from the US to London? Meaning that London has far more crime than the US?

If so your def mistaken. As for talking about "street violence ie fights assaults".

THERE was 1,220 violent crimes committed per 100,000 people in DETROIT versus 810 per 100,000 in LONDON. Think about it. Do convenience stores in London have turn stiles with bullet proof glass that you put your money in and it rotates around to the counter person? Does the McDonalds have bullet proof glass windows? Can you drive through downtown safely being a white person?

I think you have no idea what its like.
Old May 31st 2009, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ShawnMcCrea
THERE was 1,220 violent crimes committed per 100,000 people in DETROIT versus 810 per 100,000 in LONDON. Think about it. Do convenience stores in London have turn stiles with bullet proof glass that you put your money in and it rotates around to the counter person? Does the McDonalds have bullet proof glass windows? Can you drive through downtown safely being a white person?
Wow, that actually makes London look bad! Detroit has a bad gang problem and this accounts for the VAST MAJORITY of homicides. Not many Americans have any desire to live there either. London on the other hand...

Gang violence is a huge problem in the USA which makes the crime stats look a lot worse than it actually is to the average American in an average suburb.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by Devlin
Wow, that actually makes London look bad! Detroit has a bad gang problem and this accounts for the VAST MAJORITY of homicides. Not many Americans have any desire to live there either. London on the other hand...

Gang violence is a huge problem in the USA which makes the crime stats look a lot worse than it actually is to the average American in an average suburb.
Ooo Please everyone who has been going on for the last few days on this topic

I love London and hopefully going to love Australia...and I am from Pakistan
Old May 31st 2009, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by moin
Ooo Please everyone who has been going on for the last few days on this topic

I love London and hopefully going to love Australia...and I am from Pakistan
This should also be the final post to the "racism strikes again" thread
Old May 31st 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

I would like to close off my comments on this thread by injecting some facts into the thread:

The following is a list of violent incidents directed at foreign people and interests in Australia. This is from a respected government source. What this list proves is that the new immmigrant to Australia has much more to fear from their own countrymen or their own natural enemies, than they do from some scruffy, drunk Aussie bogan on a train:

The sad problem is that the pepetrators in most of these incidents are not "Australians". They are the rotten festering baggage that has followed the the immigrants from their old home to their new home. Sadly, people have a tendency to bring both the good and the bad with them to their new home.

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/.../66b20);rec=0;

ANNEX B

SOME SIGNIFICANT INCIDENTS OF POLITICALLY MOTIVATED VIOLENCE IN AUSTRALIA

21.10.70 Bombing - Yugoslav Consulate- General, Melbourne

04.04.71 Bombing - Serbian Orthodox Church, Melbourne

12.09.71 Attempted arson - Serbian Orthodox Church, Melbourne

19.12.71 Bombing - Theatre in Sydney

11.01.72 Bombing - Serbian Orthodox Church, Canberra

14.02.72 Armed Assault - Yugoslav Consulate, Perth

16.02.72 Bombing - Offices of two Yugoslav tourist agencies, Sydney

26.04.72 Bombings - Residence of pro- Yugoslav political figure, Melbourne

25.09.72 Five Black September Organisation letter bombs, addressed to Israeli diplomates in Sydney and Canberra, were detected in post offices in Australia

03.10.72 Two letter bombs, addressed to Israeli officials in Sydney, were detected by the postal service

02.11.72 A letter bomb was sent to a prominent member of the Jewish community in Australia

08.12.72 Bombing - Serbian Orthodox Church, Brisbane

24.01.73 A letter bomb, addressed to a Jewish businessman in NSW, was intercepted at a post office

09.04.73 Arson - premises of Editor of Croatian Newspaper, Melbourne

24.12.74 Firebombs - Pan Am ticket office, Sydney

25.05.75 Bombing - Sunny Adriatic Trade and Tourist Centre (Yugoslav), Melbourne

19.11.75 Letter bombs addressed to the Prime Minister and Queensland Premier

29.08.77 Arson - Indian High Commission, Canberra

31.08.77 Arson - Australia Atomic Energy Commission, Sydney

15.09.77 Kidnapping and wounding - Indian defence Attache and wife, Canberra

19.10.77 Armed Assault - Air India employee, Melbourne

04.12.77 Bombing - Yugoslav Airlines Office, Melbourne

24.12.77 Bombing - Statue of Yugoslav General Mihailovic, Canberra

13.02.78 Bombing - Outside Hilton Hotel, Sydney

25.03.78 Bomb found in India High Commissioner's residence, Canberra

02.09.78 Arrest of Croatians involved in military training at Eden, NSW. Planning for armed incursion into Yugoslavia (previous armed incursions involving Australian Croats occurred in 1963 and 1972)

13.11.78 Poisoned sweets served to delegates at Assyrian Congress, Sydney

08.02.79 Conspiracy to bomb Yugoslav targets and water pipelines discovered, Sydney

17.12.80 Assassination - Turkish Consul- General and his bodyguard, Sydney - Justice Commandos of the Armenian Genocide (JCAG) claimed responsibility

23.12.82 Bombing of Israeli Consulate, Sydney

23.12.82 Bombing of Hakoah Club, Sydney

12.11.83 Gelignite and ammonium nitrate bomb found and defused in Lucas Heights Research Establishment, Sydney

13.07.85 Two shots fired at Vietnamese Embassy, Canberra

23.11.86 Bomb explosion at Turkish Consulate- General, Melbourne. One member of JCAG killed when device exploded prematurely

22.03.88 Two petrol bombs thrown at diplomatic residence in Canberra

10.04.88 South African diplomat's vehicle destroyed by fire, Canberra. Believed to be linked with 22 March incident

05.88 to Six firebomb attacks against Chinese restaurants, Perth

02.07.88 Firebombing of Yugoslav Club, Adelaide

18.07.88 US Defence Attache's vehicle firebombed, Canberra. Believed to be linked with incidents of 22 March and 10 April

16.11.88 Necklacing outside home of anti- apartheid activist, Sydney

27.11.88 Shooting of Croatian youth demonstrating outside Yugoslav Consulate- General, Sydney

27.01.89 Shotgun attack on home of African National Congress representative, Sydney

21.05.89 Arson attack on Abbey's Bookshop, Sydney, selling Salman Rushdie's novel, "The Satanic Verses"

23.01.91 Firebombing of Rooty Hill Islamic Centre, Sydney

25.01.91 Firebombing of Jewish Kindergarten, Melbourne

25.01.91 Lebanese- Australian arrested for planning to hijack an aircraft to Iraq, Sydney

06.02.91 Lebanese- Australian apprehended near Iraqi Embassy and in vicinity of PM's Lodge with rifle in his possession, Canberra. Possible volunteer to the Iraqis

20.02.91 Firebombing of American Australian Association, Sydney

26.02.91 Firebombing of Sephardi Synagogue, Sydney

05.03.91 Firebombing of Bankstown and District War Memorial Synagogue, Sydney

05.03.91 Firebombing of Airforce/Navy Club, Sydney

12.03.91 Attempted firebombing of North Shore Synagogue and Masada College, Sydney

28.03.91 Firebombing of Illawarra Synagogue, Sydney

3/4.08.91 Attempted petrol bombing of Serbian church, Melbourne

12/13.09.91 Shotgun blast in window of Indonesian Consulate, Darwin

15.09.91 Molotov cocktails thrown at the premises where a Serbian function was in progress, Melbourne

15.09.91 Firebombing of the home of a politically involved Croatian family, Melbourne

23.09.91 Six molotov cocktails (three exploded) thrown at Serbian Community Centre, Melbourne

11.01.92 Unsuccessful arson attack on US Consulate in Brisbane; minor damage

06.04.92 Attack on Iranian Embassy, Canberra; extensive damage and a number of personnel injured.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.