Reload this Page >

Recommended Rental Websites

Recommended Rental Websites

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 1:58 pm
Getting There...

Becca30dunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommended Rental Websites

Hey all,
Quite new to the forum but had some great advice so far.Really looking for some rental house sites as when we move to Oz we are going to be renting.There only seems to be one that pops up most of the time-realestate.com,and seems to be quite limited.Where would everyone recommend to look for renting out there?(Adelaide or Brisbane outskirts).
Also what is the process with securing a property this way?Can it be done online from the U.k so we have a place to go over to?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Becky😃🌏
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Rental Websites

www.realestate.com.au

www.domain.com.au
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest getting a visa sorted first before worrying about what website to look at for rentals.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becca30dunn
Hey all,
Quite new to the forum but had some great advice so far.Really looking for some rental house sites as when we move to Oz we are going to be renting.There only seems to be one that pops up most of the time-realestate.com,and seems to be quite limited.Where would everyone recommend to look for renting out there?(Adelaide or Brisbane outskirts).
Also what is the process with securing a property this way?Can it be done online from the U.k so we have a place to go over to?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Becky😃🌏
Most agents will not rent a place without you seeing it first, and after years of seeing the difference between website pics and reality, I wouldn't touch a place here without viewing it!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:17 am
Getting There...

Thanks how does that work in theory-book lots of viewings for a particular week then fly over for them ect?Starting to look at properties just now not to choose the one but to suss out prices in diff areas and also if lots or any accept pets as i have 3 dogs thanks all
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the forum and the above links to get an idea of areas and prices, but I would go any further than that until you actually make the move.

Most people arrange temporary accommodation for arrival and then go to see properties. However, do not get to centered on particular areas until you visit. For example, when we moved to WA, we were certain we wanted to be in one of three particular suburbs and one in particular. But, when we arrived, these were the three we disliked the most and the one we thought we wanted most was the one we disliked the most.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:41 am
Getting There...

Interesting yes i definately see where your coming from there,where would you say area wise is a good temporary base to access majority if areas?Iknow Oz is huge lol so v diff to say,we like the look and sound if adelaide as 1st choice and brisbane area/s for 2nd so its trying to pick an area temporarily to access both of these?!...hmmm
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would say chose your city based on careful research of job opportunities. There is no point going to a city where there is no work for you and six months down line having to jump on a plane back to the UK broke.

I would be careful in this respect with Adelaide as it may have changed in the last year or so since I lived in Oz, but it did have a problem with this and was forecast to get worse as the big car manufacturers based there have announced they are closing.

Once you have chosen a city, then on your arrival, I would book temporary accommodation as central as possible
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:02 pm
Getting There...

Oh really god that is dissapointing☹️Its very hard because i know everyone has different professions so diff areas will suit but Adelaide just seemed as if it might have been a good match.I work at the airport so being close-ish to either Brisbane or Adelaide airport best but my partner who would be the main skilled worker is a Bricklayer so most important is finding best area for his work where brickies are in demand??cheers everyone
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh really god that is dissapointing☹️Its very hard because i know everyone has different professions so diff areas will suit but Adelaide just seemed as if it might have been a good match.I work at the airport so being close-ish to either Brisbane or Adelaide airport best but my partner who would be the main skilled worker is a Bricklayer so most important is finding best area for his work where brickies are in demand??cheers everyone
What do you do at the airport? Unless you work for one of the major airlines and they're transferring you it's not likely you'll just walk into the same job at the same kind of place.

I really do think that you are getting way ahead of yourself. The first, and most important thing is to get the visa at least applied for. Once you have that then it's time to look at rentals and areas to live.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 11:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else, but I thought you were a hairdresser?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 11:44 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else, but I thought you were a hairdresser?
Maybe she works at the hairport. Get it? Hairport.

I crack me up.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 7:35 am
Getting There...

Good morning all,� ����Yes i work in the airport at the moment and have done for last 5 years as crew and griund staff before that i was a hairdresser so thats my short list skill if you like,depends if they specify that i have to do my skill or if i can choose as we are applying for a skilled 189 visa with my partner main applicant and me as dependant spouse...vusq is the focus� ����� ����
Old Aug 4th 2017, 7:35 am
Getting There...

Visa that is lol
Old Aug 4th 2017, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Most agents will not rent a place without you seeing it first, and after years of seeing the difference between website pics and reality, I wouldn't touch a place here without viewing it!
We just gave up our apartment for a house (I miss the harbourview ) and we had a number of viewers coming through on behalf of someone else, most armed with a phone and skype.

The agent said they would never rent it out to someone who has never seen it, and seeing it over Skype is fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.