Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Debt

Credit Card Debt

Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit Card Debt

Originally Posted by perksy
Yep it cost the debt collector but I'm sure he wasn't that bothered because I'm sure somewhere he got his money from someone who wasn't clued up.
I wonder if what they do can be deemed as illegal. Surely by claiming someone owes money when in fact they dont and demanding that they pay is against the law.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:59 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I wonder if what they do can be deemed as illegal. Surely by claiming someone owes money when in fact they dont and demanding that they pay is against the law.
Not many people know the law though. They just pay up to make the debt collector go away. Agreed it is a very grey area.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Credit Card Debt

[QUOTE=rockitman;6282697]You are completely correct honesty is the best policy. Thanks!

Not everyone is completely honest though are they. Ermmmmh as we are so caught up on the use of the English language is there supposed to be a ? mark here? If it is supposed to be a question I do not know.

As I've just posted on the immigration board I've run several businesses in my life and never not paid a bill or person, Good for you! and one of those businesses didn't turn a profit in 3 years. Not totally sure what this sentence actually means, help me out here........

There have been plenty of people who haven't paid me though. Ahhha.....so you have not made a profit but a loss.........

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here (LOL) Think you may have already (LOL) and have everyone think I am a thief. Jury may be out on that one............I'm not. Good for you, some clarity........ Although you don't know it I'm sure my reputation, both personal & business is exceptional.Your(sic) right I don't know it.

Last edited by Nice Guy; Apr 29th 2008 at 1:04 pm. Reason: Another spilling mistake
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

rockitman is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Nice Guy;6282801]
Originally Posted by rockitman
You are completely correct honesty is the best policy. Thanks!

Not everyone is completely honest though are they. Ermmmmh as we are so caught up on the use of the English language is there supposed to be a ? mark here? If it is supposed to be a question I do not know.

As I've just posted on the immigration board I've run several businesses in my life and never not paid a bill or person, Good for you! and one of those businesses didn't turn a profit in 3 years. Not totally sure what this sentence actually means, help me out here........

There have been plenty of people who haven't paid me though. Ahhha.....so you have not made a profit but a loss.........

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here (LOL) Think you may have already (LOL) and have everyone think I am a thief. Jury may be out on that one............I'm not. Good for you, some clarity........ Although you don't know it I'm sure my reputation, both personal & business is exceptional.Your(sic) right I don't know it.
And the purpose of this post? Your (Lol) not a teacher are you with your red pen.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Credit Card Debt

[QUOTE=rockitman;6282833]
Originally Posted by Nice Guy
And the purpose of this post? Your (Lol) not a teacher are you with your red pen.
Ermmhhhhhhh........mate.....your (sic) a knob.

Red pen or not (LOL)
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

@niceguy

it seems to me rockitman was just trying to prove a point,as other posters have come back and voiced there points against him (thats what forums are for i suppose)

seems to me you are just picking on him for making a few spelling mistakes !!!

if i`m wrong forgive me and tell me off .................which i`m sure you will do
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:16 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Someones in detention tonight
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by perksy
Someones in detention tonight
lol
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

rockitman is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Nice Guy;6282851]

Ermmhhhhhhh........mate.....your (sic) a knob.

Red pen or not (LOL)
Brilliant. How pathetic. You criticise my English and then resort to what can only be described as a very poor insult. That doesn't make you look too bright does it?

If your (LOL) going to insult me at least be imaginative about it.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Credit Card Debt

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Loads of theads on this. Usually posted by passing trolls.

Correct

Think you'll find it's against the law to plan to rob companies, Correctas you've more or less admitted that is your intention. Need police checks etc for visa so hopefully they'll catch you sooner rather than later and your visa entitlement will be gone as Aus doesn't want any more UK convicts correct
Thanks to those who actually answered the question for me. I am currently in a OK position financially, but like most people I could do with a few extra dollars in the bank... Hmmmmmmmm

I was actually more interested in:

<Edit>

The reason I ask this is a few years ago my best friend took out some loans / credit cards before he went out on a working holiday visa and he got away with it. He was advising me to do it this time as he rung them and told them where he was living and got them to call him there to verify it but they didn’t chase the debt and this was with a multinational (HSBC).

For those who took the p*ss, yet another message board clique is it? No mate.......it's called honesty First post and you've already got some tools (surprisingly senior members and a moderator) making “in” jokes. Nice way to welcome people to the board. Nice way to introduce yourself.

Oh, and for your information Australia_bound? I think you’ll find pity is spelt with a single “t”. Best sharpen up your English skills or you won’t going anywhere champ.
Your =You're

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
First rate Tosser!!! Correct!

Mate, you definitely win the award for biggest tool that I have come across this year!!! Keep it up, you'll last all of............................the next few minutes!

Plonker!
I think you believe wrong Nige - read his last post! He's here to cause trouble!
Correct!

No? The man is suggesting that he take out debts and loans etc....and then, do one! Correct!

That OK then is it? In my book it makes him a thief! Correct!
Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I never said it was ok. He was asking for opinions on it. I dont think he came on here to wind people up. He's just very naive. He asked if he'd be able to get away with it. Thats very naive if you ask me. But not a wind up.
Not a wind up?????

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
@niceguy

it seems to me rockitman was just trying to prove a point, and just what 'king point would that be? fraud? dishonesty? theft? as other posters have come back and voiced there points against him (thats what forums are for i suppose)

seems to me you are just picking on him for making a few spelling mistakes !!! and the rest!

if i`m wrong forgive me and tell me off .................which i`m sure you will do
Correct, your (sic) wrong!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Your =You're

Correct!

Not a wind up?????

Correct, your (sic) wrong!
Dude, chill out would you?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=rockitman;6282898]
Brilliant. How pathetic. You criticise my English and then resort to what can only be described as a very poor insult. That doesn't make you look too bright does it?

If your (LOL) going to insult me at least be imaginative about it.
Mate...........you are a knob.

Suggest a moderator cut this thread and give you a caution.

Enough said.

Knob.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:33 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

2 quick questions:

If you found a fiver in the street would you go and hand it in?
If someone gives you too much change in a shop do you hand it back?
1. If I saw someone drop it - yes, definitely. If it was just blowing in the wind - probably not. It would be near impossible to trace the owner and would take me well out of my way to find a police station. But equally if there were a charity shop locally, I'd pass it to them.
2. Yes, always (assuming I notice).

The difference between 1 and 2 is in intention and honesty. Intending to steal or defraud says a lot about a person's integrity, trustworthiness and conscience. I value mine at more than a few grand. Hence I'm still paying my UK debt off and living without luxuries.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

@niceguy

seems to me no matter what anybody here says ,its going to be wrong in your opinion.

then asking the mods to close the thread????................have you lost your teddybear and dummy???

i agree with knockoff nige...................chill out dood !!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:34 pm
Cad and bounder

[QUOTE=Nice Guy;6282947]

Mate...........you are a knob.

Suggest a moderator cut this thread and give you a caution.

Enough said.

Knob.
I'd suggest a moderator cut your thread....jeez what a condescending tit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.