Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cow's milk for babies on flights

Cow's milk for babies on flights

Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cow's milk for babies on flights

My daughter is coming over with her toddler. When they visited when he was younger it wasn't a problem bringing milk for his bottles as they were able to buy the follow-on milk cartons. But now he is on cow's milk how do they get to be allowed to bring some on the plane? She's rung Boots at Heathrow airport and they don't sell cow's milk there. She won't be allowed to bring it through security when they leave.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cow's milk for babies on flights

Powdered milk - Might not be ideal but for an alternative for just the flight might help the little one get to sleep.

I have not been on a plane for a while but do you think you could put in a request to the air line, they must come across this quite a lot now, but they might be able to get a pint of full fat delived?

http://www.discountcoffee.co.uk/powd...0-sachets-p121
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunbather
My daughter is coming over with her toddler. When they visited when he was younger it wasn't a problem bringing milk for his bottles as they were able to buy the follow-on milk cartons. But now he is on cow's milk how do they get to be allowed to bring some on the plane? She's rung Boots at Heathrow airport and they don't sell cow's milk there. She won't be allowed to bring it through security when they leave.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received
I don't think you can buy cows milk in cartons. Maybe try him on the toddler milk that you can buy in cartons. My daughter drinks cows milk but will happily drink the toddler carton milk (think its called growing up milk in supermarkets). Aptamil and Cow & Gate do them. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

He cant drink common or garden cows milk? I would have thought that would have been the only kind of milk that they actually carried on the planes. Not much call for goats milk although there may of course be a carton of soy milk on there somewhere for the lactose intolerant.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by quoll
He cant drink common or garden cows milk? I would have thought that would have been the only kind of milk that they actually carried on the planes. Not much call for goats milk although there may of course be a carton of soy milk on there somewhere for the lactose intolerant.
I'm also assuming that the toddler is drinking full fat milk as most under 2s need the fat from the milk so am guessing that the cows milk they'd carry on plane might not necessarily be the right type.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Thundersticks is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get cows milk in cartons, small ones, dont know the exact fluid ounzes - my daughter has this at First School. Even comes with straws. No more milk in bottles at school now. Maybe you could try your nearest diary outlet, cremery place in your city or town to see if they can help. A local milkman may have suggestions.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:14 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

You can put the milk into bottles prior to security and then you have to taste it in front of the security staff. I have done it with Soya milk as this is all my daughter drinks.

Hope this helps

Jo

Reminds me I need some milk for our flight tomorrow
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joh117
You can put the milk into bottles prior to security and then you have to taste it in front of the security staff. I have done it with Soya milk as this is all my daughter drinks.

Hope this helps

Jo

Reminds me I need some milk for our flight tomorrow
Thanks for that Do you know if the airline will let you put the bottles in their fridge during the flight?

Have a good flight yourself
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:55 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunbather
Thanks for that Do you know if the airline will let you put the bottles in their fridge during the flight?

Have a good flight yourself

I dont see why not. They are very helpful on most of the airlines we have flown with. I use long life milk and so have managed not to put it in the fridge. I wont need to on tonights flight as she will be drinking it as we take off.

You could always contact the airline direct to ask the question but they are usually very accommodating. Even cleaned my bottles for me when she was a baby.