Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could I commute? GC to Brisbane

Could I commute? GC to Brisbane

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Could I commute? GC to Brisbane

Hi Nic

Interesting thread for us too for when we come out Didn't realise just how long the commute is - not inspiring reading all this

We have rellies in Pacific Pines that we would like to be fairly close to and hubby will probably end up working in Brissie. Anyone recommend somewhere around halfway between the two please?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

logan or beenleigh would be inbetween, don't know too much about areas though, sorry...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nbn8
Just a quick question what would the commute be like time wise from Robina to Daisy Hill, Brisbane area? Ive looked at distance in Km but not sure of traffic etc for a 9am start - would it be a nightmare or possible? Thanks
Lots of people do it and it would be feasible - the traffic is worst past Daisy Hill os you might be alright. A lot of people would say Daisy Hill isn't Brisbane anyway I guess you'd still better budget for an hour each way though, but I expect it would take about 45 mins on a normal work day.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:09 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
MTFU
Drink a cup of gravel
Carpy Dime
**** off, we're full
Justify your existence
Unit

etc
Or this! ...

Originally Posted by sammyg
logan or beenleigh would be inbetween, don't know too much about areas though, sorry...

Well I'm just short of Beenleigh and occasionally get punished and have to go into Brissie ... Before the kids broke up I get sent there, crawled from the logan motorway to the CBD and didn't get out of third gear! Dunno how long it took, a day or 3 it felt like.

First up tomorrow is in Albion ...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
You do get the sense you could push the train quicker.

Brisbane seems to spend all of it's new money on the buses and roads and the train is still running in the 1960s.
They did recently finish duplicating a section of line in Brisbane so the the Gold Coast/Brissie train could run express through those sections. Must have been worse before

Next big thing is the Cross River Rail tunnel project as the rail bridge from the southern suburbs across the Brisbane river into Brisbane is almost at capacity. And the Redcliffe extension.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
MTFU
Drink a cup of gravel
Carpy Dime
**** off, we're full
Justify your existence
Unit

etc
I live in Brisbane and I've never noticed any of them.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I reckon half the people doing this commute must now be british given the number on this site that talk as if the Gold Coast is an outer suburb of Brisbane.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fish.01
I reckon half the people doing this commute must now be british given the number on this site that talk as if the Gold Coast is an outer suburb of Brisbane.
It's as close to Brisbane as they can afford to buy.