Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

coughs, colds and flu

coughs, colds and flu

Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I have cured mine of nits for about 6 months now.
For about 3 weeks wash, condition and comb out their hair evry night (yeah i know its a sh*g but its to do with the life cycle of the egg etc )Then in the morning use a water spray with a few drops of pure Tea Tree oil in it when you brush thier hair, theres no need to soak their hair, just spray a bit on, the nits hate the smell.
Whats the betting they come home scratching tonight?:scared:
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:54 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Yeh but whats this about the 'worming tablets' the Aussies seem to take like clock work ??!!!!!:scared:
Honestly, the Aussies I know take these as regular medication (from every month to every 6 months!) because if you so much as look at a dog you will get worms!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Yeh but whats this about the 'worming tablets' the Aussies seem to take like clock work ??!!!!!:scared:
Honestly, the Aussies I know take these as regular medication (from every month to every 6 months!) because if you so much as look at a dog you will get worms!!
Oh!!! So that's what's up with the wingey expats on this forum - they need to go down to the chemists quick march!!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Oh!!! So that's what's up with the wingey expats on this forum - they need to go down to the chemists quick march!!!
Didn't mean you though Janeyray!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:59 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Larissa
Didn't mean you though Janeyray!!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

being a Pharmacist is very funny to read all the stories!!!!!! i hear them everyday but its funnier on the forum!!!!!
1. Tea tree oil conditioner excellent with combing regularly ( they dont like smell and its an antiseptic)
2 electric combs do work if used correctly.
3. worming tablets are quite common ...not to fret!

will have to go back read more...cant stop chuckling!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm showing my age but maybe they should bring back Nitty Nora the Bug Explorer! Does anyone remember her?

On the coughs and colds side, I found that on arrival in Florida that I picked up every single cold going. It probably didn't help that I was working in a shop at the time and came into contact with many people but I put it down to my lack of immunity to all the new germs I was coming across (that and zero money to buy healthy fruits and veg!). So looking forward to a full 6 months of new colds as soon as I land in Perth!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty

.....what no Mickey Mouse welcome.........what about the cuddly koalas and kangas on each street corner like skippy...........next you'll be telling us that Santa Claus is a fraud too!!

Get real.