Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Costs spreadsheet

Costs spreadsheet

Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:01 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of
Default Costs spreadsheet

I've been playing around with a spreadsheet to allow me to do a bit of cost forecasting, including what your money could buy in OZ, leaving a flat/house in the UK and using any savings as income in the UK or OZ. There's also a sheet with OZ tax calculations and another with a sample budget.

I've set the spreadsheet up with some example figures but you can play around with those (e.g. setting the flat cost to zero if you're not planning to by a property to rent out).

There are some London/Melbourne specific stuff in the sheet (average wages, stamp duty) but hopefully it'll be useful to some people.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
costs_help.zip (14.4 KB, 184 views)
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs spreadsheet

Originally Posted by fnord
I've been playing around with a spreadsheet to allow me to do a bit of cost forecasting, including what your money could buy in OZ, leaving a flat/house in the UK and using any savings as income in the UK or OZ. There's also a sheet with OZ tax calculations and another with a sample budget.

I've set the spreadsheet up with some example figures but you can play around with those (e.g. setting the flat cost to zero if you're not planning to by a property to rent out).

There are some London/Melbourne specific stuff in the sheet (average wages, stamp duty) but hopefully it'll be useful to some people.

sounds like a good idea, but i cant get it to open says it is corrupted or invalid. any help appreciated. Lisa.xx

Last edited by oliverandlisa; Apr 26th 2006 at 4:53 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

Wow its really good but it made me feel really unorganised.

thanks so much
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
sounds like a good idea, but i cant get it to open says it is corrupted or invalid. any help appreciated. Lisa.xx
me too - I cannot open it either!
michelle
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:56 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

sounds like a good idea, but i cant get it to open says it is corrupted or encrypted.. any help appreciated. Lisa.xx
Hmm, you might not have WinZip installed.
http://www.download.com/3405-2250-51...part=dl-WinZip

When I went to attach the raw Excel file it said the only valid extensions where "bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" so zipped it.

Has anyone uploaded Excel to this site without zipping it?

Last edited by fnord; Apr 26th 2006 at 5:01 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to attach the raw Excel file it said the only valid extensions where "bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" so zipped it.

Is anyone able to email it to me then unzipped?
Will PM you my email address

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think you can do Excel to here.

Thanks - will take a look later.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:52 pm
is the donut hole

Is anyone able to email it to me then unzipped?
Will PM you my email address

Lisa.xx
Yep, no problem.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:02 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Yep, no problem.

Sorry I can't open it either!

Jane
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:07 pm
is the donut hole

Originally Posted by PJA
Sorry I can't open it either!

Jane
Those of you that can't open the file, try the WinZip download first (see earlier post). Once that's installed, you should be able to open the attachment.

If it still fails to open, you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the Excel file to you.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Those of you that can't open the file, try the WinZip download first (see earlier post). Once that's installed, you should be able to open the attachment.

If it still fails to open, you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the Excel file to you.
have PM'd you, thanks,

Lisa.x