Reload this Page >

Costs of shipping pets from UK

Costs of shipping pets from UK

Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Palescots is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Costs of shipping pets from UK

Hi, could you post how much it cost you to ship your pets,
and quote model etc. and who you used and any advise.

Many thanks

David & Janice
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Costs of shipping pets from UK

Hi, ive had a quote from petair,they come to your house and do all neccerssary tests,do all paperwork,do all the measurements for his crate,book the flight,all I do is sign and pay AGHHHHHHHH, £3,143, Iam going to shop around I think!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Palescots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by websters
Hi, ive had a quote from petair,they come to your house and do all neccerssary tests,do all paperwork,do all the measurements for his crate,book the flight,all I do is sign and pay AGHHHHHHHH, £3,143, Iam going to shop around I think!!!!
Thanks, what type of dog do u have as i believe it goes by wieght, i have a great dane Doh
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough

5yr old Boarder Collie,they didnt ask about his weight,they more concerned about how big they are so they get the size of crate right,as they have to be able to turn,lay and stretch,long old trip to oz,
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palescots

Many thanks

David & Janice
From memory around 3500, used jets 4 pets. Mid-sized staffy cross. I wouldn't recommend dropping them off at Heathrow yourself (which is what we did). Its a bit disconcerting leaving them at at cargo handling terminal.

cheers

Andy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Many thanks

David & Janice
We paid £2150 for a large cat and a labrador dog with animal airlines, add in paperwork, vets fees, blood tests, quarantine costs and incidentals all of which we did ourselves and total cost about £3500.
Pam
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:32 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Depends where you are in the Uk. We used Pet Travel Services in Scotland. We were flying out of Glasgow as that's where we're from.
They charged us about 1900 quid for our Cocker Spaniel to fly from Edinburgh to Melbourne. You need to also look at quarantine fees which will be for 30 days. Think that cost us about another 300-400 quid!

I found Pet Travel Services to be the cheapest AND easiest to use out of all I tried.

Good luck,
*pearly*
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:02 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

Many thanks

David & Janice

We are using AIRPETS - they are online - we looked into Ladyhaye and others and the others were cheaper but the service from Airpets seemed a lot friendlier and they were quick to send out lots of info after my first contact.

We are shipping Charlie the 13 year old Shih Tzu who has a heart murmur! Oh yes - nothing is easy! Anyway - we filled in their form and the first thing they did was contact our VET for a report to see if he would be fit to travel. The VET told it as it is - which is that Charlie takes water and heart tablets once a day first thing on a morning. All other old age stuff is normal. He does not have any breathing problems which can be a factor for some breeds.

Eddie at Airpets then sent back a comprehensive quote and another set of forms. Filled them in and we sent off £200. Went on holiday to the States. Came back to find paperwork from Eddie. He had received the import permit from Aussie and booked Charlie to fly British Airways on 21st November out of Heathrow. WE have to get him there - but as WE fly out the NEXT day this is not a problem. We had all the right jabs and missed out the ones that would cause trouble and now we wait until middle of October when he has his blood tests taken. 14 days before he goes he has to have flea and tick treatment and other stuff but Eddie has even told us what date to book the appointment with our VET.

Airpets build a crate to Charlie's specs so that he can't fling himself around and get hurt in transit. The VET at airpets seals him into his container and he has a pocket of info including tablets attached to the outside of his container for the flight. When they off load him in Sydney there are instructions from the VET how to administer the tablets. Then he's off to Eastern Creek. Check out AQIS website for detailed info on the reception centres.

Cost now after deposit is another £1050. Then it will be around $800 for Eastern Creek plus any extras including VETs fees incurred at that end. We can visit him twice a week so plan on getting to see him as soon as we can to check everything OK with his tablets etc.

Charlie is fairly small - about 14" high and 16" nose to tail.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jellibaby
We are using AIRPETS - they are online - we looked into Ladyhaye and others and the others were cheaper but the service from Airpets seemed a lot friendlier and they were quick to send out lots of info after my first contact.

We are shipping Charlie the 13 year old Shih Tzu who has a heart murmur! Oh yes - nothing is easy! Anyway - we filled in their form and the first thing they did was contact our VET for a report to see if he would be fit to travel. The VET told it as it is - which is that Charlie takes water and heart tablets once a day first thing on a morning. All other old age stuff is normal. He does not have any breathing problems which can be a factor for some breeds.

Eddie at Airpets then sent back a comprehensive quote and another set of forms. Filled them in and we sent off £200. Went on holiday to the States. Came back to find paperwork from Eddie. He had received the import permit from Aussie and booked Charlie to fly British Airways on 21st November out of Heathrow. WE have to get him there - but as WE fly out the NEXT day this is not a problem. We had all the right jabs and missed out the ones that would cause trouble and now we wait until middle of October when he has his blood tests taken. 14 days before he goes he has to have flea and tick treatment and other stuff but Eddie has even told us what date to book the appointment with our VET.

Airpets build a crate to Charlie's specs so that he can't fling himself around and get hurt in transit. The VET at airpets seals him into his container and he has a pocket of info including tablets attached to the outside of his container for the flight. When they off load him in Sydney there are instructions from the VET how to administer the tablets. Then he's off to Eastern Creek. Check out AQIS website for detailed info on the reception centres.

Cost now after deposit is another £1050. Then it will be around $800 for Eastern Creek plus any extras including VETs fees incurred at that end. We can visit him twice a week so plan on getting to see him as soon as we can to check everything OK with his tablets etc.

Charlie is fairly small - about 14" high and 16" nose to tail.
£2200.
Two year old GSD

permit, vets bills and byford station not included.

Gone with airpets a little more expensive but well worth the money for the caring service my pet will get.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Golden Arrow have quoted about £1500
This includes import/export permit, the cage for both my cats
the boarding fee while they are checked over by their vet (about 3 days) and ensured fit to fly and wormed flea sprayed and something else but can't remember?/ the flight.
All I have to do is make sure they are vaccinated and micrchipped.
And pay the quaruntine fee in Australia when I collect them Which will prob bring it up to £2000
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks

David & Janice
JCS charging me £1100 for medium small dog. Border terrier. Includes cage but I'm doing the rest myself. Blood tests due next week because it's 28 days before her flight.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:19 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...travellingPets straightforward!!!

Try this link; If you have a sml/med dog or a cat, you can take them as excess baggage. You will have to arrange all the paperwork and the quarantine yourself though!

This is how I wanted to take our beloved pooch... but she's huge!

Ali x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks

David & Janice
hi ya
sent our staffy via golden arrow at a cost off £1,600 then theres $804.00 to quarantine plus $300.00 to walk him 30 mins a day,then $285.00 for flight from sydney to brisbane
golden arrow a great
hope this helps
martin
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:37 am
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maverick
hi ya
sent our staffy via golden arrow at a cost off £1,600 then theres $804.00 to quarantine plus $300.00 to walk him 30 mins a day,then $285.00 for flight from sydney to brisbane
golden arrow a great
hope this helps
martin

Is staffy being quarantined at Eastern Creek or elsewhere? It says on their website that they don't walk them? How did you arrange for this?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jellibaby
Is staffy being quarantined at Eastern Creek or elsewhere? It says on their website that they don't walk them? How did you arrange for this?
they dont walk them but if you call them they will give you a phone number for a local dog walker to come in and walk them,we used a lady called Darlene and could recommend her,she sent us photos and regular emails,to put our minds at rest
buster is at eastern creek
martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.