Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

costs of moving brisbane to adelaide

costs of moving brisbane to adelaide

Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default costs of moving brisbane to adelaide

Hi we are just wondering if anyone has moved their stuff from Brisbane to Adelaide (approx 20ft container) and how much they were charged. We have had 3 quotes $11,000, $9665 and $9000 all more than our costs UK to Australia !
Thanks very much
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: costs of moving brisbane to adelaide

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Hi we are just wondering if anyone has moved their stuff from Brisbane to Adelaide (approx 20ft container) and how much they were charged. We have had 3 quotes $11,000, $9665 and $9000 all more than our costs UK to Australia !
Thanks very much
Hi Reading fan cant help with that one but just curious can I ask why you are moving from Brisbane to Adelaide
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

We lived in Adelaide (in the hills) for 5 years and then back to the UK for 3. We arrived in Brisbane 4 weeks ago (i think it all blurs after a while) and just haven't been able to get on with it.I don't think its Brisbane I think it is us.You know when you get a feel for a place we just haven't got that feeling. Our container arrives in Brisbane on Mon and trying to do some rapid re-moving.
I am concerned about going back to Adelaide after all we left in the first place didn't we ? I know lots of people poo poo Adelaide but it is more laid back, we had great camping trips to The Flinders Ranges, Eyre Pennisula etc and I think the climate suits us better. Are we doing the right thing ? We don't know but we will let you know !
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I would get some more quotes i have done a few trips like this the last one was for 4 weeks storage & transport, not quite as far but less than half of one of your quotes if you still need quote on storage or transport just pm me
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Thanks very much
Ouch. That's a lot of money. There's an Adelaide-based guy on here called Mr Mover - maybe he can help?

Hills (the Adelaide ones) Boy