Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Costs of Living in Sydney...

Costs of Living in Sydney...

Old Sep 11th 2010, 7:52 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs of Living in Sydney...

I struggle to get out of the door for the 9.10 bus
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:02 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Ah well I get the 6.30am bus so maybe that is why I find it so pleasant then. I don't leave the house any earlier than I ever did, maybe thta is why I find it so civilised.
6.30? 6 bloody 30??? thats like dark o'clock in winter!!!
That is very early......but then again I suppose that to open your McDonalds you have to be there in time!! lmfao!!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to interrupt this thread on buses but like the guys here have said 100k will be okay with no kids etc. Bear in mind Sydney is a lot dearer than the states. I order stuff from the US and pay shipping over to Oz and its still much cheaper than buying from direct from here
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paddyo
6.30? 6 bloody 30??? thats like dark o'clock in winter!!!
That is very early......but then again I suppose that to open your McDonalds you have to be there in time!! lmfao!!
6:30 dark ?

Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:43 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itxrd
100k will be okay with no kids etc
MMmm. Course, you could always buy your own bus...
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:47 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
6:30 dark ?
'in winter'
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:47 am
ABCDiamond

'in winter'
I suppose I have forgotten what it is like down in NSW

Actually, I am not sure I ever got up that early down there

Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

lotr will become famous soon enough

I am a slave to Sydney Buses, it ain't good but it gets me there.....eventually@!
I am also a slave to Sydney Buses, I would say that a bus usually turns up ... eventually. Because sometimes they don't pass and if you live in a place where buses pass only every 30 minutes, then one should better prepare to wait 1 hour or 1 hour and a half some days for buses in the morning and some days in the evening. I am so fed up with buses that I am going to present the driving test to have a driver licence.