Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

costs does this seem reasonable or ?

costs does this seem reasonable or ?

Old May 8th 2003, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default costs does this seem reasonable or ?

Move to Oz costs in £

2500 freight
1300 private medical care for 2 adults full comp cover ??
1200 flights
2688 rent @ 280 dollars per week for six months divided by 2.5 current exchange rate.
4800 - to live off for a while £800 per month
4000 for a car to start us off

total

£16488.00

Anything I have missed or need ???

Thanks
Old May 8th 2003, 12:42 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: costs does this seem reasonable or ?

Carianne

Your figures look spot on to me. In fact very close to what we will be taking. Of course, it would be nice to have more, but what can ya do?

Regards

Andy
Originally posted by Carrianne
Move to Oz costs in £

2500 freight
1200 flights
2688 rent @ 280 dollars per week for six months divided by 2.5 current exchange rate.

total

£16488.00

Thanks
Old May 8th 2003, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

thansk Andy glad they are close so can show hubby later
Old May 8th 2003, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 8th 2003, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared:

whoops I pressed the enter button too soon.

Yeah the figures look right to me. The sooner you can get a job the better. At least iit,s money coming in aswell as going out...

Booboo
Old May 8th 2003, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Move to Oz costs in £

2500 freight
1200 flights

total

£16488.00

Thanks
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Well i've got about 50% of that so i guess the kids will be going up for sale!!!!
Old May 8th 2003, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Move to Oz costs in £

2500 freight
1200 flights

total

£16488.00

Thanks

The private medical costs look a bit steep. From what I've seen these are nearer £50 per month (£600 pa), but I guess it depends on what cover you're looking for and any 'existing conditions'. There have been various recommendations made on this site. It's worth doing a search.

Remember with the car, there are various taxes/costs on top of the purchase price - so you may be looking ata car with a 'ticket price' of £3,500 to fit your budget.

I've gone through the same exercise, but times by approx 1.5, as I've got a 16 year old to factor in

Kev
Old May 8th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi all,

Thanks,

Private medical - we will get quotes but prefer to over budget and have more at the end,

we don't want to be in a big rush to have to find work straight away like on that "get a new life".
although I have found an agency who will take my CV 3 months before I go on the Sunshine Coast like on that "get a new life".

I have seen AV Jennings builders on the Sunshine coast who have a good reputation and house prices are not massive so will look into that,
Old May 8th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandyisere
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Well i've got about 50% of that so i guess the kids will be going up for sale!!!!

Do you think the Kids will fetch much? We've got two!!!!

(Only kidding for those who are freaking out right now!)

Ginny
Old May 8th 2003, 6:36 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Our frieght costs seem to be much lower than yours......

Are you getting a container?

Can i ask about the medical cover you have quoted. This is somthing that i hav'nt even started looking into yet. Is this price for medical insurace, or the costs of joining a private medical system in aus?

Can anyone suggest links where i can find good info about the aussie medicare system. Even my wife does'nt really know how it works and she lived in aus for 23 years !

Thanks

Pete.
Old May 8th 2003, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Originally posted by Ginny

Ginny
The kids have survived by the skin of their teeth!!!
I'll be starting work within 2 weeks of getting there, medical insurance is paid for by the employer, dad is paying for the flights (i think he's trying to tell me something!!!)
So we might just get by on bread and water
Mandy
Old May 8th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandyisere
The kids have survived by the skin of their teeth!!!
I'll be starting work within 2 weeks of getting there, medical insurance is paid for by the employer, dad is paying for the flights (i think he's trying to tell me something!!!)
So we might just get by on bread and water
Mandy
Not much holiday time then what with staring work so soon. Where are you thinking of heading? We're hoping for South Queensland, probably Brisbane.

Hope all goes well.

Ginny
Old May 8th 2003, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Our frieght costs seem to be much lower than yours......

Are you getting a container?

Can i ask about the medical cover you have quoted. This is somthing that i hav'nt even started looking into yet. Is this price for medical insurace, or the costs of joining a private medical system in aus?

Can anyone suggest links where i can find good info about the aussie medicare system. Even my wife does'nt really know how it works and she lived in aus for 23 years !

Thanks

Pete.
I just happened to have these in my pocket!

www.hif.com.au
www.sgio.com.au/health
www.hbf.com.au
www.mbf.com.au
www.phio.org.au
www.medibank.com.au

These links were posted by a helpful forum member yesterday.

Phil.
Old May 8th 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Not much holiday time then what with staring work so soon. Where are you thinking of heading? We're hoping for South Queensland, probably Brisbane.

Hope all goes well.

Ginny
I'm a nurse and have been offered a job in a hospital in Melbourne. I'd like to have more time off but unfortunately the kids keep eating.
I'm hoping to be there in Sept but i need to get a court order to take the kids out the country (dad did a runner when they were babies). I know i'll be on a budget over there but i'm on a tight budget here too, so what does it matter??
Perhaps we'll be able to send our kids to work!!
Mandy
Old May 8th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ginny

Boomerang's got 5 - it'll be like winning the lottery for them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.