costs

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

deeandrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default costs

can anybody tell me what the average cost of applying for visas etc. are?
i know there are several different one - hopefully we will be coming over on a skilled one.
also is using an agent the best option and if so what is the usual price (don't want to get ripped off!!!)
what was the total cost of emigrating and was it worth it?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:24 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all
Default Re: costs

I applied for a skilled visa. My agent was £2000 and I think my visa with meds and TRA came to about £1500, maybe abit more.

An agent depends on your situation? IMO it depends if you're Single / have a partner / kids / how long have you been working / how good you are at filling forms out correctly and if you're in any rush to leave due it maybe coming back to needing more info to be sent.

Marc.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:37 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

It cost us around £3000 which included £1150 for our agent and all the other bits and pieces like medicals, police checks, application costs etc.

The price was for three adults as our son is over eighteen but still in full time education. We have just received our permanent visa on 136 skilled independent and the feeling is worth every penny.

I can't tell you if it is worth it because we don't emigrate until early next year but I have been four times in the last four years and I'm going to give it my all to make it work.

Good luck with you search

Anne
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
It cost us around £3000 which included £1150 for our agent and all the other bits and pieces like medicals, police checks, application costs etc.

The price was for three adults as our son is over eighteen but still in full time education. We have just received our permanent visa on 136 skilled independent and the feeling is worth every penny.

I can't tell you if it is worth it because we don't emigrate until early next year but I have been four times in the last four years and I'm going to give it my all to make it work.

Good luck with you search

Anne

Hope everything goes well for you and your family next year Anne, what area will you be going to and how did you choose?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
I applied for a skilled visa. My agent was £2000 and I think my visa with meds and TRA came to about £1500, maybe abit more.

An agent depends on your situation? IMO it depends if you're Single / have a partner / kids / how long have you been working / how good you are at filling forms out correctly and if you're in any rush to leave due it maybe coming back to needing more info to be sent.

Marc.

Many thanks for your info - which agent did you use??
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:31 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

GET A FIXED FEE AGENT

I really cant stress that more. Tales of woe and financial rip off have appeared on this board a few times.

I personally used www.isa.com.au and am using them again to help with a contributory parents visa. However, there are many agents who post to this forum too.

JUST MAKE SURE ITS A FIXED FEE!!!!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Centurion
GET A FIXED FEE AGENT

I really cant stress that more. Tales of woe and financial rip off have appeared on this board a few times.

I personally used www.isa.com.au and am using them again to help with a contributory parents visa. However, there are many agents who post to this forum too.

JUST MAKE SURE ITS A FIXED FEE!!!!!!!

thanks for that - is about $1500 - £2k the norm for agents fees or does it depend on your particluar circumstances?