Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Living - Family of Five - Perth

Cost of Living - Family of Five - Perth

Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

bailey2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Living - Family of Five - Perth

Does anyone have any info/advice on the cost of living for a family of five (2 adults, 2 pre teens and 1 baby).

Hope to live in Woodvale area and will need two cars. Will not have mortage and I have worked out that I would need to be on $55k minimum to cover expenses ie. bills, food, rates, telephone etc, etc., but not sure if this is enough.

Perhaps anyone already in Perth, in similar circumstances could post reply with what their gross wage is and what their take home pay is.

Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living - Family of Five - Perth

Originally Posted by bailey2008
Does anyone have any info/advice on the cost of living for a family of five (2 adults, 2 pre teens and 1 baby).

Hope to live in Woodvale area and will need two cars. Will not have mortage and I have worked out that I would need to be on $55k minimum to cover expenses ie. bills, food, rates, telephone etc, etc., but not sure if this is enough.

Perhaps anyone already in Perth, in similar circumstances could post reply with what their gross wage is and what their take home pay is.

Thanks
I think you are spot on $55k would be pretty much the absolute minimum. You would get about $500 a month in family tax benefit payments on that sort of income too, which helps.

Your take home would be approx $3000 a month on 55K
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:59 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Renth mentioned tax credits, I found this link to work out what you'd be entitled to.... You have to make up some of the dates etc... but it will give you a figure and you can play about with incomes to see how much you can get.

I hope that you find it useful when thinking about what sort of income you'll need

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/10712.htm
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alipally
Renth mentioned tax credits, I found this link to work out what you'd be entitled to.... You have to make up some of the dates etc... but it will give you a figure and you can play about with incomes to see how much you can get.

I hope that you find it useful when thinking about what sort of income you'll need

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/10712.htm
Thats a very usefull link. Thanks.

Ian.