cost of living

Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:21 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of living

Originally Posted by autra
thnkyou
Thats ok , we have good lifestyle also but i think when we first started thinking about going to Oz we were a part of the rose tinted specs brigade this forum has really opened our eyes to the good and bad Oz has to offer
we know our "materialistic" life will change but we are hoping for a better quality of life as a family!
Until we have done it we wont know as everyone has their own opinion of good and bad!
So keep with this forum it really does give you a whole load of opinions and advice!

Kris
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:26 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Thats ok , we have good lifestyle also but i think when we first started thinking about going to Oz we were a part of the rose tinted specs brigade this forum has really opened our eyes to the good and bad Oz has to offer
we know our "materialistic" life will change but we are hoping for a better quality of life as a family!
Until we have done it we wont know as everyone has their own opinion of good and bad!
So keep with this forum it really does give you a whole load of opinions and advice!

Kris

yes we also have a good materialistic standard of living (not as high as yours, i might add), but its work, work, work. i now want a good lifestyle that i hope australia will give us.........

amanda
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

autra will become famous soon enoughautra will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: cost of living

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
No. We had to use all our savings on our daughters funeral. Have you?
no we thank god both are daughters are fit and well, and i am sorry for your loss, but in respect may be it is a personal matter to your family.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:29 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

no we thank god both are daughters are fit and well, and i am sorry for your loss, but in respect may be it is a personal matter to your family.
A bit like divulging your personal finances then?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

A bit like divulging your personal finances then?
sorry but i thought this forum was about being truthful and helpfully, not about jealousy.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:38 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

sorry but i thought this forum was about being truthful and helpfully, not about jealousy.

I have found this forum mainly honest and helpful but you do have to appreciate eveyone has their opinion and as this is all written and not spoken it may sometimes come accross the wrong way!

kris
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say this forum is very helpfull. it's just a shame people take things the wrong way sometimes.

you were only asking a question which i'm sure we would all like to know....
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kris maynard
I have found this forum mainly honest and helpful but you do have to appreciate eveyone has their opinion and as this is all written and not spoken it may sometimes come accross the wrong way!

kris
yes i do understand that but shame terry4ann does not , i mearley asked a question that i wonted to find out , you get told so much about the good there must be bad bits as well, how can someone give an answer to how your life style can be if they dont now your level of it, but thankyou again for your opinion.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TrollsRus
are you a snob?
no we have worked very hard to keep are lifestyle good and we just whish to keep it that way, already lived overseas , you can soon lose every thing if you dont look in to it.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

are you from Essex?
no what is your experiance, living there yet
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, I think that Anne4terry is not being jealous. I can understand how she misunderstood the point of your post. To be honest, it does sound a bit like how she interpreted it, I'm sure you would agree if you read it back.

Your reply has obviously hit a nerve and she regrets divulging what she did as she has deleted that post.

Sometimes people get upset by what others post, it is only natural. However, I must say that Anne is usually a very friendly, caring poster and I have not known her say anything to upset anybody before.

As for your question, I don't really have any answers but going by what I have read on here I would expect that your lifestyle will change considerably. Saying that, I have a fairly nice lifestyle. 4 bedroomed house, nice holidays, daughter has a pony etc., etc. We are by no means well off. I have discovered though that all this does not make you happy!!! I am permanently stressed about whether the kids get paint on my floors, spilt drinks on the dining room carpet blah, blah, blah.

When I used to live in a council house and was totally skint when my girls were babies I thought nothing of Putting some paper down on the carpet and letting them paint till their hearts content and I have even been known to put their paddling pool up in the front room in the winter. Those times were much happier.

I am now looking forward to selling all my nice stuff, going to Australia and having fun mooching round ikea to furnish my house. The simple life......can't wait.
Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll find that life will be great. As long as you're realistic

Tracey
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:36 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

are you from Essex?
Essex is generally considered to be in the south of England as oposed to the North of England. Tip- read the whole thread and keep up .

BTW this is getting very handbags at dawn

Mel
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:39 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by meljor
Essex is generally considered to be in the south of England as oposed to the North of England. Tip- read the whole thread and keep up .

BTW this is getting very handbags at dawn

Mel

Being an essex girl my hand bag is ready as are my white stilettos
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:40 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know the answer to your question but I do know that your statements make very depressing reading for us. We are decent honest people (not saying that you're not ) who work hard non-stop. We cannot afford to eat out or have one holiday every year let alone two. I can't help but feel that your thread looks a bit like boasting.

Sorry if it's not.
Must admit Anne, I thought the same.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:40 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by tracey.d
To be fair, I think that Anne4terry is not being jealous. I can understand how she misunderstood the point of your post. To be honest, it does sound a bit like how she interpreted it, I'm sure you would agree if you read it back.

Your reply has obviously hit a nerve and she regrets divulging what she did as she has deleted that post.

Sometimes people get upset by what others post, it is only natural. However, I must say that Anne is usually a very friendly, caring poster and I have not known her say anything to upset anybody before.

As for your question, I don't really have any answers but going by what I have read on here I would expect that your lifestyle will change considerably. Saying that, I have a fairly nice lifestyle. 4 bedroomed house, nice holidays, daughter has a pony etc., etc. We are by no means well off. I have discovered though that all this does not make you happy!!! I am permanently stressed about whether the kids get paint on my floors, spilt drinks on the dining room carpet blah, blah, blah.

When I used to live in a council house and was totally skint when my girls were babies I thought nothing of Putting some paper down on the carpet and letting them paint till their hearts content and I have even been known to put their paddling pool up in the front room in the winter. Those times were much happier.

I am now looking forward to selling all my nice stuff, going to Australia and having fun mooching round ikea to furnish my house. The simple life......can't wait.
Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll find that life will be great. As long as you're realistic

Tracey

Totally agree!

Kris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.