contemplating Australia

Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: contemplating Australia

Originally Posted by arkon
Well during a rant sometimes the facts get exaggerated,
Ahh, I see, That's OK then

Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:29 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

And people wonder why the term Whinging Pom gets used alot
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:29 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Where do you eat ? Most places are not like that, only the members only clubs.
Yes I was only refering to the members clubs, you can eat else where, of course you can, its just we spent some time in a camp site that had 3 clubs within a small radius, and thats what happened to us. BUT all you need to do is lie!! No honest gov, I don't belong to any other clubs, and yes I totally agree with all your clubs stated objectives, When I see you advertising thats only intended for 'members and their guests' If I'm not a member I avert my eyes and ears so as not to watch your advert, so please let me part with money and buy a burger and chips. Ta!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:33 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
And people wonder why the term Whinging Pom gets used alot
Thats me, and proud of it too, but if you think its something only the poms do then you obviously havent listend to 'John lawes' on 2mcFM 100.7 FM, or listened to 2 aussied down the pub, Heaven forbid you win at 'who wants to be a millionair' they must have cheated! The only reason were called whinging poms is because it slips of the tounge so well and means you only need a vocabulary of 2 words to get by, Whinging Australian is hard to say with a skinfull so lets just stick to poms.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:35 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I think this just about sums up arkons post ........ .
Sorry if I caused offence at this, but a lot of people emigrate because of the runaway out of control immegration policys of the UK, and if you one of these then you will like Australia. It is one of the most Biggoted, racest places I have ever been to.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:36 am
Badge

Yes I was only refering to the members clubs, you can eat else where, of course you can, its just we spent some time in a camp site that had 3 clubs within a small radius, and thats what happened to us. BUT all you need to do is lie!! No honest gov, I don't belong to any other clubs, and yes I totally agree with all your clubs stated objectives, When I see you advertising thats only intended for 'members and their guests' If I'm not a member I avert my eyes and ears so as not to watch your advert, so please let me part with money and buy a burger and chips. Ta!
So it's not really an issue then!! I seem to remember a bit of this going on.

To me, there are differences between rules and rules that are enforced. Now I'm not saying that you should be dishonest but utimately by doing this all clubs that are half decent will get custom and patronage.

People go on about rules - or some detail in Australia but half the time you can just get on with it anyhow. It's how you let it effect you that decides on whether or not you will cope.

Badge

Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:37 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Are you sure that you have to pay to transfer it ? Or is it the buyer that does the paying ?
No I had to pay as the buyer of 2 trailers, boat trailer, caravan and car,Oh and the boat, all cost me to transfer. And the buyer pays stamp duty.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:43 am
Badge

No I had to pay as the buyer of 2 trailers, boat trailer, caravan and car,Oh and the boat, all cost me to transfer. And the buyer pays stamp duty.
So the buyer pays, just as you did! Or am I confused as you?
On the subject of transfer fees and the like, I have never owned, or had the prospect of owning, a boat or trailer in the UK so don't know the situation there - however I would expect to pay a fee over a boat as it is a sizeable hunk of a structure - ownership of which should require fees/courses and the like - even a dingy has safety issues. I'd expect any government to levy a fee even if it stops a young teenager from buying a hunk of scrap just because he could, and then to recoup administrative costs.

You're not buying a bag of apples, you're buying a sizeable bit of kit whether or not it is a car or a boat. I don't mind paying a fee to own something that can kill, maim or block my driveway, cause an eyesore, cause an accident on the road..lol

that's the way I look at it cars and boats, like houses are serious business and attract serious prices and fees. lol.

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Jul 5th 2005 at 1:53 am.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:48 am
ABCDiamond

The problem was that you were saying the seller had to pay.
Your words were "And if you should want to sell some thing with wheels on it then you pay again to transfer it! "

I agree that the buyer pays; I may not like it, but I accept that the system here is more of a user pays.

You have had to pay for 6 things because you have 6 things. I have only to pay for 2 things, as I have only 2 things. If these costs were spread out equally by person, then 8 things divided by 2 people, would equal we both pay for 4.
I think I prefer the current system.

Everything needs to be paid for one way or the other, Australia has chosen it's system, and like it or not, it is the way it is.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:12 am
ABCDiamond

, Heaven forbid you win at 'who wants to be a millionair' they must have cheated!
Are you talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2891957.stm

"where Tecwen Whittock is accused of using coded coughs to guide Major Charles Ingram to the £1m top prize on the ITV1 quiz show: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?. "

That was in the UK.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:18 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Blah blah blah.
Loser.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Australia. It is one of the most Biggoted, racest places I have ever been to.
You've obviously not been to many places then. Ever been to Spain? My black pal keeps going on about how, even on a packed metro, there would be 2 empty seats either side of him. He couldn't wait to get back to the UK.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Are you talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2891957.stm

"where Tecwen Whittock is accused of using coded coughs to guide Major Charles Ingram to the £1m top prize on the ITV1 quiz show: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?. "

That was in the UK.
No the UK guy did cheat and a court found him guilty, What I meant was that out here if you get a piece of luck like winning on a gameshow, you should hear them on the local radio phone ins. They automatically asume foul play. Just like they automatically asume your a shoplifter when you enter or exit a shop, how many times have you heard in the uk, 'Will customers please remember to show your bags on entry and exit to the store'? Never. Here its played every 10 minutes or so in most stores. Forgive me if I'm wrong but to me this assumes guilt and you have to prove your innocence by showing the contents of your bags. This one thing alone, which starts off when you 1st get here as being 'ain't that cute' or 'Coor, can you belive they ask that?' or 'its just like the olden days' soon becomes very insulting, by all means watch me nick something, follow me passed the till, then arrest my sorry ar*se, put me in jail and throw away the key, and let me be bummed for all eternity by the big bald bloke who shares my cell. Otherwise let me part with my hard earned in peace.

Last edited by arkon; Jul 5th 2005 at 4:26 am.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:01 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

The problem was that you were saying the seller had to pay.
Your words were "And if you should want to sell some thing with wheels on it then you pay again to transfer it! "

I agree that the buyer pays; I may not like it, but I accept that the system here is more of a user pays.

You have had to pay for 6 things because you have 6 things. I have only to pay for 2 things, as I have only 2 things. If these costs were spread out equally by person, then 8 things divided by 2 people, would equal we both pay for 4.
I think I prefer the current system.

Everything needs to be paid for one way or the other, Australia has chosen it's system, and like it or not, it is the way it is.
Well my seller paid the fees for me to intice me to buy them! And don't get me wrong fees are fine when done properly, But come on really, you register your car each year, same as the UK tax disk, but then have to also register anything pulled behind it with a seperate number plate needed by law.
Each year you have to re register.

I think the underlying point I was trying to make is that most people when they come here on holiday and then do their exploritory pre emmigration trips, start to think and be misled that everything is cheaper our here and when people ask will $50k per year be enough, they need to be informed that all is not a bed of roses and the fee's although relatively small soon mount up.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:05 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
Loser.
Cool, nice reply, snip a piece of text out of context, formulate the most intellectual reply you can, and amazingly its got a whole 5 letters in it! Are you australlian by any chance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.