Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Consuming alcohol in a public place in qld

Consuming alcohol in a public place in qld

Old Sep 14th 2013, 5:37 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Consuming alcohol in a public place in qld

Hi

Having a picnic/ BBQ at a local park tomorrow afternoon to celebrate the anniversary of our arrival. I was going to take a few cold beers to share out while we are there (social drink not getting bladdered). I've learnt that its illegal ($110 ots fine) but I've been told not to worry about it as the police won't enforce it unless you are being a nuisance to others. I realise it depends on the police officers discretion but I've seen lots of people doing similar without a care I the world.

Do you think it's a bad idea to take the beer?

Any experiences appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2013, 5:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consuming alcohol in a public place in qld

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Hi

Having a picnic/ BBQ at a local park tomorrow afternoon to celebrate the anniversary of our arrival. I was going to take a few cold beers to share out while we are there (social drink not getting bladdered). I've learnt that its illegal ($110 ots fine) but I've been told not to worry about it as the police won't enforce it unless you are being a nuisance to others. I realise it depends on the police officers discretion but I've seen lots of people doing similar without a care I the world.

Do you think it's a bad idea to take the beer?

Any experiences appreciated.

Thanks
You're not supposed to drink in public parks in WA either, and I've been to 4 birthday/anniversary celebrations in parks this year where we shared a few bottles of bubbly and some beers, no problem at all. I've seen a large group of noisy and obviously drunk young men approached in a park, they had to tip their opened stubbies out and that was it. I'd be astounded if a small, family type gathering was stopped from having a drink. It's to you, but I wouldn't give it a second thought ps happy anniversary!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

It's what God invented stubby holders for
Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:25 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, never thought of the stubby holder idea!

Common sense will prevail.

Thanks for the replies :-)
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Thanks, never thought of the stubby holder idea!

Common sense will prevail.

Thanks for the replies :-)
Just don't try the brown paper bag trick... They have cottoned onto that one