Confused - Visa Application Fee

Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:01 am
Just Joined

engadnan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused - Visa Application Fee

Hi, i have recently submitted a Student Visa Application for Australia. However, on submission, it didn't prompted me for the Visa Application Fee and took me directly to the Acknowledgement Section with an Invoice stating, 'Payment is Not Required'.

This made me totally confused as i was expecting to pay the Visa Application Fee. On calling the DIBP Helpline, they informed me that i have selected the Option, 'The applicant is receiving partial or full funding under a training scheme approved by the Commonwealth government of Australia', which is the case for me and has been documented by the University in the Offer Letter too.

I am worried that if the Visa Officer later assesses that i have to pay the Visa Application Fee, so would he be rejecting the Application or would he contact me for paying it at a later stage?

Old Jul 31st 2017, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused - Visa Application Fee

Why do you think that would happen if you have been advised that all is well?
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused - Visa Application Fee

Providing you are eligible for a nil fee application then it will be processed as normal. If you are later assessed to be ineligible and required to pay a VAC then the application will be invalidated and you will need to apply again.