Compassion

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Compassion

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
PhoenixinOz: what a dreadful situation for your friend to be in . I hope things look up for her soon.
Thank you TJ.

It's early days yet and only time will tell.

I cannot imagine my friend not living to see her daughter grow up.

So I wont....

Thank you for your kind words...
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:18 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Thank you TJ.

It's early days yet and only time will tell.

I cannot imagine my friend not living to see her daughter grow up.

So I wont....

Thank you for your kind words...
No you are right - you have to keep the positive vibes mate!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
No you are right - you have to keep the positive vibes mate!
Aye....and to bear this is mind
The Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:26 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Aye....and to bear this is mind
The Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

I think those are good words Phoenix !
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:40 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

When our youngest was in hospital, life hanging in the balance through meningitis, we needed to eat so ran down to the local Macdonalds (we were sleeping at the hospital he had been transferred to 40 miles from home). And when we were arranging our daughter's funeral after she died in a car accident, we went shopping to Marks & Spencer for new clothes for the funeral. It really brought it home to me that you never know what is going on in people's lives that you pass on the street. You can look at someone who hasn't bothered to thank you for holding the door open for them, or didn't bother to smile when your served them etc, and think "You miserable git." But just because they are going about seemingly ordinary tasks, you don't know what is going on in the background.

We have friends whose two sons were killed in a car accident on Sunday night, completely wiping out all semblence of family life. Get a grip all you whingers out there. If there was anything we could do to bring our daughter back we would. Is it really that important how much a lettuce costs?

Starting a thread like this just shows what a lovely and compassionate person you are GJ. Well done
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
When our youngest was in hospital, life hanging in the balance through meningitis, we needed to eat so ran down to the local Macdonalds (we were sleeping at the hospital he had been transferred to 40 miles from home). And when we were arranging our daughter's funeral after she died in a car accident, we went shopping to Marks & Spencer for new clothes for the funeral. It really brought it home to me that you never know what is going on in people's lives that you pass on the street. You can look at someone who hasn't bothered to thank you for holding the door open for them, or didn't bother to smile when your served them etc, and think "You miserable git." But just because they are going about seemingly ordinary tasks, you don't know what is going on in the background.

We have friends whose two sons were killed in a car accident on Sunday night, completely wiping out all semblence of family life. Get a grip all you whingers out there. If there was anything we could do to bring our daughter back we would. Is it really that important how much a lettuce costs?

Starting a thread like this just shows what a lovely and compassionate person you are GJ. Well done

Its true Anne.

I cant understand what the deal is about M&S food, the flies and trivial crap people get wound up about.

Good luck is not about having money, material things or a big house, its about surrounding yourself with what is REALLY important.

And not moan about trivial luxuries that you cant get your hands on.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

I think those are good words Phoenix !
They are great aren't they m8....but they aint mine. Im not clever enough

A friend once gave me these words on a card some 20 odd years ago..

I still find the card comforting all this time later....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the most sensible thought provoking thread I've read in ages.

But it's making me cry.

suzy x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Anne Im so, so sorry to hear about the terrible loss of your daughter. Being a mum myself I know there is no greater gift in life than your own kids so to loose a child is unimaginable. It cannot be imagined and I am truly sorry for you and your family

And you are right. People have no idea what goes on in other peoples lives. They assume if you are "happy clappy" it's because you are stupid and imune to what's going on around you ......or if you are "meloncholy" it's because you are a miserable git...or are touchy....or psycho...and particulaly on here, in cyber space.....people can get it badly wrong...

It's times like this that it brings it all into perspective, when terrible things happen to people, as also in the case of your friends who have just lost two sons this weekend. Their lives will never be the same again.....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:59 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Anne Im so, so sorry to hear about the terrible loss of your daughter. Being a mum myself I know there is no greater gift in life than your own kids so to loose a child is unimaginable. It cannot be imagined and I am truly sorry for you and your family

And you are right. People have no idea what goes on in other peoples lives. They assume if you are "happy clappy" it's because you are stupid and imune to what's going on around you ......or if you are "meloncholy" it's because you are a miserable git...or are touchy....or psycho...and particulaly on here, in cyber space.....people can get it badly wrong...

It's times like this that it brings it all into perspective, when terrible things happen to people, as also in the case of your friends who have just lost two sons this weekend. Their lives will never be the same again.....
You know, I was at work when I heard about the boys and so, naturally was distraught. But after half an hour or so I managed to pull myself together, grit my teeth and keep going until I could get home as you can't sit in a class of 10 year olds like some idiot bawling her eyes out. Anyway, about an hour later some silly cow says "Oh good, are you feeling better now then?"

Ooops, just realised that was me lacking compassion Perhaps she has a reason why she is not able to empathise
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:02 pm
Im a woomaaan

You know, I was at work when I heard about the boys and so, naturally was distraught. But after half an hour or so I managed to pull myself together, grit my teeth and keep going until I could get home as you can't sit in a class of 10 year olds like some idiot bawling her eyes out. Anyway, about an hour later some silly cow says "Oh good, are you feeling better now then?"

Ooops, just realised that was me lacking compassion Perhaps she has a reason why she is not able to empathise
No I don`t think you were the one lacking there!! Some people do not think.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

That's the strangest thing of all I find. If you are outwardly strong, doesn't mean inwardly you have no feelings does it Anne?

Some people are too stupid for words sometimes. Usually it's the ones who think they are the smartest ....who are the least sensitive
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:06 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Anne my heart goes out to you, all I can do is imagine the despair and it must be nowhere near the size of it. Such tragic things happen in life sometimes, makes you hold those close to you even tighter.

You're right, I never think the person who doesn't say thank you or forgets the service with a smile may have things going on we can't imagine. This will make me think next time.

Kath xx

Kath xx
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:59 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

This is so very sad... That poor little girl.

I also have nieces and nephews who without a shadow of a doubt I would be guardian to, heaven forbid.

The pommie housewife in perth is me I am that person.

Puts things into perspective though doesnt it?

TF

Just been thinking a lot lately and wondering if we all get so wrapped up in the drudgery of day to day life and the treadmill of visa`s and TRA that we become blinkered to what is happening to others. So here are my thoughts - feel free to disagree with them (they are mine so not necessarily yours which is fine).
For all those stuck in UK complaining about the weather and chavs spare a thought for the pommie house wife bawling her eyes out in Perth because she is missing family and friends and is finding it harder than she thought to adapt.
For those in Australia and who are deliriously happy despite the heat and the flies try to remember how hard it was to get there and spare a thought for those still trying - try to be more patient with us.
For those in Australia who aren`t happy there - please don`t be too hard on those who have rosetinted specs (I`m sure you wore them too at one point).
For those still in the UK -think before slagging people off in Oz when they say they are unhappy with the lifestyle after all it seems ok to moan about life here but not about the day to day drudgery of life on the other side.
What got me thinking about all this was a girl I worked with died recently from breast cancer at the age of 35 leaving a 5 yr old daughter - her sister refused on my colleagues death bed to look after her neice and suggested she be put up for adoption - so don`t sweat the small stuff and try to have some compassion for others.