Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

companies that send english food to oz

companies that send english food to oz

Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:25 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future
Default Re: companies that send english food to oz

Originally Posted by petafray
Man Wenz, that picture reminded me of 'the olde country' Lived in Loughborough and cottesmore and other far flung leicestershire haunts for 18 years before moving out here 2 years ago. Special saturday trip to melton for the pies (from that very shop) was a treat. - I'm up for a pie if your still making them

Peta
Hi Peta,
Nice to hear from someone from the Leicestershire haunts! I lived around there for most of my years too. I miss bits of it, including Loughboro' but like it much better out here (at the Moment anyway)..it sure is a small world!
BTW I'd made Pork Pies for Dicko's for the last 12 years! you may have seen me out the back working.
Wenz
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:28 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by podgypossum
i think you should seriously think about going into business..i know several guys here in Adelaide who are desperate for a good pork pie!!
It sure is a good idea..unfortunately I'm one of the many millions with the knowledge, ideas and the skills ...but with no money maybe in a few years?
still I've succeeded in fulfilling one of my dreams...been in Oz 3 weeks now and loving it!
Wenz
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:31 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Originally Posted by scrawni
Oh no, found someone who can make pork pies and we are miles away, up in Cairns , mmm how well do you think they would be through the post??????

Really, you should consider going into business, it's just one thing u can't get! Failing that we need a pork pie recepie so I can have a go a making my own, especially as a special treat for christmas.

This post is making me hungry!

Mandy
Maybe I should start a mail order business and just do them to orders?? Mmm U got me thinking now...I'll get back to you all later with a plan to supply Pork Pies to the Australian food lovers..maybe Scotch Eggs and decent Sausage Rolls too..
Wenz
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrawni
Oh no, found someone who can make pork pies and we are miles away, up in Cairns , mmm how well do you think they would be through the post??????

Really, you should consider going into business, it's just one thing u can't get! Failing that we need a pork pie recepie so I can have a go a making my own, especially as a special treat for christmas.

This post is making me hungry!

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

I don't miss anything from the UK (not even Marmite), but my kids constantly go on about Quavers (the crisps). We found a company here that ships hampers out but it was SO expensive (the cheapest $19.95 for a 'teatime' pack (couple of tea bags and a tea loaf)! So not worth it! Haven't thought about pork pies but yummy! A nice Bowers pork pie with branston pickle!!!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:53 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

There are plenty of Australian shops here that sell British products , with online ordering. saves ordering them from Britain with the postage costs from Britain.

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/

http://www.thebritishlollyshop.com./ ( they sell quavers $1.60 a pk of 20g)

http://www.sweetsolutions.com.au./
.................................................. ...........
vegetarian online shops
http://www.vegano.com.au/

http://www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au/

cheers
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hi Mandy,

I don't miss anything from the UK (not even Marmite), but my kids constantly go on about Quavers (the crisps). We found a company here that ships hampers out but it was SO expensive (the cheapest $19.95 for a 'teatime' pack (couple of tea bags and a tea loaf)! So not worth it! Haven't thought about pork pies but yummy! A nice Bowers pork pie with branston pickle!!!
The chocolate shop in the Myers Centre on Queen St that we've mentioned before - they sell Quavers! Heavenly ! Must go back soon and see if they have Pickled Onion Monster Munch in yet.......
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The chocolate shop in the Myers Centre on Queen St that we've mentioned before - they sell Quavers! Heavenly ! Must go back soon and see if they have Pickled Onion Monster Munch in yet.......
I'll check for you if you like - went past it yesterday but didnt have chance to go in... on a diet this week anyway
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I'll check for you if you like - went past it yesterday but didnt have chance to go in... on a diet this week anyway
Wish you wouldn't use strange words like that....DIET?? Whats one of them??
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 2:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wish you wouldn't use strange words like that....DIET?? Whats one of them??

Its when you only have one choccie bar a day instead of two.... isn't it??
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 2:43 am
wombat42

l bet you miss those good old fashioned British Foot and Mouth steaks and Mad Cow Pies. After that disease free Aussie meat must seem rather bland.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 2nd 2004 at 2:51 am.

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 3:10 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wombat42
l bet you miss those good old fashioned British Foot and Mouth steaks and Mad Cow Pies. After that disease free Aussie meat must seem rather bland.
dont be so quick to cry that..mad cow disease there was a person here in Aus who contracted it just recently.

Personally speaking although I don't eat meat, but my hubby does... the meat here is full of fat running through it... like people , like animals here it seems. obese