Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cleveland bricklayer seeking gang.

Cleveland bricklayer seeking gang.

Old Jul 11th 2008, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Julie3w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleveland bricklayer seeking gang.

Hi my name is Martin and I have been in Brisbane for 12 weeks now I have worked on large sites around brisbane laying blocks but I would like to find a gang to slot into who are building houses. I have been laying bricks since i left school which is 29 years now so im not a chancer, but I have no house building experience in Oz, any ex pats who have been here for a while and with experience in Oz looking for a bricklayer to make up a gang please let me know. I have a blue card, tools and transport.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Re: Cleveland bricklayer seeking gang.

Sorry not in Oz yet b OH is a brickie so was wondering what the pay and work is like out there??
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Hi Sonn
I started working on a big site southside of Brisbane the pay wasnt too bad $35 an hour, we worked from 6;30 to 2;30 with half an hour for lunch. Think most of the industrial sites are these hours but cant say about the wages. Im trying to get on housebuilding as thats what I did at home and I feel more comfortable with that. Hope all goes well with your emigration.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

LynetteandDarren is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just seen this thread and was wondering if you know what taxes you have to pay on $35 per hour. We are going to Brisbane Jan'09 and OH is a brickie by trade.Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Hi Lynette
I worked for only a week on that site then had to go back home due to unforseen circumstances but I earned $1,400 and paid $170 in tax but not sure if the tax system here is like the uk in which you will pay lower tax until you have earned a certain amount then you start paying proper tax, so this reply may not answer your question.
All the best on your move Martin
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

LynetteandDarren is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers for your reply.