Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Civil Engineering Jobs

Civil Engineering Jobs

Old May 4th 2012, 7:56 am
Just Joined

KevinJames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civil Engineering Jobs

Hello, I am currently sseking employment in the construction industry in Australia as a senior civil site engineer, My back ground is 9 years civil engineering within the water/waste water sector. My family and i are looking to relocate from the Rhondda, Wales. We have started our visa application, but would be looking initially to go over on a 457 sponsored visa.

Please would any one have any suggestions as to any companies/Contacts/recruitment agencies that i could send my cv to.

Thank you for any assistance

Kev James
Old May 4th 2012, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all
Default Re: Civil Engineering Jobs

Hi,

Try Baulderstone to start with. They are actually advertising on their website for UK Engineers.

http://www.baulderstone.com.au/index...e=jobs-current

Also try www.seek.com.au and filter your search. You will find a lot of the job ads might say "must have the right to live and work in Australia" but don't worry too much about that. Just contact them and ask if they will sponsor........ most of them will.

Hope this helps.

Gav
Old May 5th 2012, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks Gav
Will do
Old May 5th 2012, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Leighton's in an Australian Construction group which also work in SE Asia.
Old May 5th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all

Leightons, SMEC, Aurecon, URS, MWHglobal, Aecom.....etc etc.....There really are endless opportunities out there for people in our profession Kevin.

I worked for 4 years in Queensland before returning to Europe. I will probably return to Oz in the near future, the opportunities are just too good.

Obviously, it is not all rose tinted so feel free to drop me a message if u want to have a chat and I will tell u everything I know.

Cheers,

Gav
Old May 6th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

brianK88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also looking for similar opportunities.
Old May 6th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Well like I said..............HEAPS of opportunities in the civil engineering sector. If you have a relevant degree and work experience, you should get a job (and sponsorship) without any worries at all.

Gav
Old May 6th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gav_71
Leightons, SMEC, Aurecon, URS, MWHglobal, Aecom.....etc etc.....There really are endless opportunities out there for people in our profession Kevin.

I worked for 4 years in Queensland before returning to Europe. I will probably return to Oz in the near future, the opportunities are just too good.

Obviously, it is not all rose tinted so feel free to drop me a message if u want to have a chat and I will tell u everything I know.

Cheers,

Gav
+1, right experience and you can almost dictate your terms. Make sure you get sponsorship and all relocation costs paid.

Perth pays best, Brisbane second.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

BAULDERTONE! WORK NEAR BYRON.....
Old May 12th 2012, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Had interview with Bauldrstone and was not successful, as they said that there were no positions suitable for me, but recent had interview with Monodelphious which seamed positive and look like a very good firm to work for, so fingers crossed and thank you for all the advice

Kevin
Old May 16th 2012, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

I work for SMEC in QLD and we have hired quite a few 457 guys, drop me a message and I can arrange for your CV to fall into the right hands if it is QLD your looking at moving to.
www.smec.com
Old May 16th 2012, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

paddym is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
I work for SMEC in QLD and we have hired quite a few 457 guys, drop me a message and I can arrange for your CV to fall into the right hands if it is QLD your looking at moving to.
www.smec.com
I am currently locating to relocate aswell. Do SMEC employ rail civil engineers? my main skills are surveying.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:05 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

anyone from the Leightons group - so leightons, thiess, john holland - thats the tier ones, then theres others like laing o'rourke, baulderstones, bechtel etc etc etc
Old May 17th 2012, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paddym
I am currently locating to relocate aswell. Do SMEC employ rail civil engineers? my main skills are surveying.
They do mate
Old May 17th 2012, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

paddym is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
They do mate
And do they do relocation packages? Have you got any advice for me in regards to who I should contact?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.