Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

citizenship approval letter to ceremony date notification....how long?

citizenship approval letter to ceremony date notification....how long?

Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:59 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default citizenship approval letter to ceremony date notification....how long?

Hi...

just wandering if those who have already got or are waiting for the citizenship could help me by giving a rough quide of their 'timelines.' ie....how long did they wait for the approval letter, and then how long after that they were given a ceremony date.

We've had the interview, and got the approval letter 3 days later - but still waiting for the ceremony date.

Thanks again
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:25 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: citizenship approval letter to ceremony date notification....how long?

anyone.....
Old Feb 12th 2006, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: citizenship approval letter to ceremony date notification....how long?

Congrats on your approval

I heard that 2-3 months is the norm. Ours was in Brisbane city and it took 2 months or so for us to receive our invitation to a ceremony that was about another month away.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Thebridge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...

Does anyone know about the timeline of the citizenship application between the interview and the ceremony? (living in Sydney). I've just passed the interview last week, the DIMA's officer told me that my application was successful and he was going to approve it the same day.

I didn't receive yet the approval letter and I don't know when the ceremony could take place. Can anyone share the experience with DIMA in this process?

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by banjo
Hi...

just wandering if those who have already got or are waiting for the citizenship could help me by giving a rough quide of their 'timelines.' ie....how long did they wait for the approval letter, and then how long after that they were given a ceremony date.

We've had the interview, and got the approval letter 3 days later - but still waiting for the ceremony date.

Thanks again
It depends on how big your local council is & how often they do the ceremonies, ours took 4 months from letter to ceremony.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:44 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banjo
Hi...

Thanks again
They gave us our approval letter there and then when we applied at the office. We then got something from the local council within about a week and our ceremony was approx a month from that date, so all up about 6 weeks.
When you get to Ceremony stage take as many familiy/friends etc as you can, its quite a social thing once all the formalities are out of the way.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:49 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

about 3 months here
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
It depends on how big your local council is & how often they do the ceremonies, ours took 4 months from letter to ceremony.
Thanks for your answer, Bordy. The citizenship ceremony is held once per month in this council.

Any experience from people living in Sydney (Eastern Suburbs)?

Regards,
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Hi

Do you think it is possible to request to have your ceremony on Australia Day (I know I'm sad - but have always thought it would be my ideal)? Or would we just have to chance our luck and try and time the application so that it might work out that way?

Thanks.

Sam
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
They gave us our approval letter there and then when we applied at the office. We then got something from the local council within about a week and our ceremony was approx a month from that date, so all up about 6 weeks.
When you get to Ceremony stage take as many familiy/friends etc as you can, its quite a social thing once all the formalities are out of the way.
6 weeks...Very quick, mate!!!! Hope to have the same timeline in Sydney.

I will invite our family and friends to the ceremony because it is a very special occasion for us. However, we have to finish with all the formalities before.

Cheers,

Last edited by Thebridge; Mar 3rd 2006 at 5:32 am.