Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas mail from the uk - delivery times?

Christmas mail from the uk - delivery times?

Old Dec 20th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

mel.b will become famous soon enoughmel.b will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas mail from the uk - delivery times?

A small package I sent on the 11th Dec from Ireland arrived in Australia today, yet the parcel sent on the 3rd Dec is still MIA

Mel.b
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Daeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really niceDaeria is just really nice

I sent a parcel via airmail from Dorset, UK on 10th Dec, and it arrived in Victoria, Aus 20th Dec.

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Daeria
I sent a parcel via airmail from Dorset, UK on 10th Dec, and it arrived in Victoria, Aus 20th Dec.

On the reverse side,I posted a large letter with lots of Christmas cards to my parents and 5 weeks later is hasn't arrived in the UK, I posted other things at the same time which have arrived to other friends but this one is not looking good, so annoying as there were photos and cards made by the kids and for it not to arrive is just so annoying, how many times can I say annoying I wonder!!!!

Anyway on a different note I posted a dolly mag and christmas card to a friend in Somerset (mag for her girls ) which cost me $27!!!! to post, just a mag and a card...... won't be doing that again, I nearly fell over in the post office!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 5:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
On the reverse side,I posted a large letter with lots of Christmas cards to my parents and 5 weeks later is hasn't arrived in the UK, I posted other things at the same time which have arrived to other friends but this one is not looking good, so annoying as there were photos and cards made by the kids and for it not to arrive is just so annoying, how many times can I say annoying I wonder!!!!

Anyway on a different note I posted a dolly mag and christmas card to a friend in Somerset (mag for her girls ) which cost me $27!!!! to post, just a mag and a card...... won't be doing that again, I nearly fell over in the post office!!!
I think you were charged wrong. I posted a small package with some legal documents in, which were probably about the same size as a magazine and it cost $7ish.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 5:20 am
ABCDiamond

Posted 7:59 am 16 Dec Birmingham arrived QLD 23 Dec.

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Posted 7:59 am 16 Dec Birmingham arrived QLD 23 Dec.
Pile of stuff from Amazon posted 14th dec, arrived in brissie yesterday (23rd) - not bad, allowing for the snow!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

mel.b will become famous soon enoughmel.b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Pile of stuff from Amazon posted 14th dec, arrived in brissie yesterday (23rd) - not bad, allowing for the snow!
Just a follow up to this. I got home from work today and found the parcel i sent to oz sitting there waiting for me. Turns out the address label got wet at some stage and the post code is unreadable as well as most of the town and street name. Fortunatley i'd written my address in pen rather than marker, so it found it's way back to me. It was only this morning that i was talking to mum in oz and we both gave the parcel up as lost! Time to put ot back in the mail with the address written in pen rather than texta.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 9:46 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mel.b
Just a follow up to this. I got home from work today and found the parcel i sent to oz sitting there waiting for me. Turns out the address label got wet at some stage and the post code is unreadable as well as most of the town and street name. Fortunatley i'd written my address in pen rather than marker, so it found it's way back to me. It was only this morning that i was talking to mum in oz and we both gave the parcel up as lost! Time to put ot back in the mail with the address written in pen rather than texta.
At least it came back to you and didn't go missing...
BTW I received a xmas card from Oldham, UK today it was posted on 16th December. I am in Mount Martha, Victoria
Old Jan 4th 2011, 9:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
BTW I received a xmas card from Oldham, UK today it was posted on 16th December. I am in Mount Martha, Victoria
Same timeline...I got a small parcel yesterday posted on the 15th Dec.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Exactly, Irish mail is not part of the uk mail, so asking about the uk mail is pointless. The postal servive is dreadful in Ireland, they are probably all on a teabreak now and considering a strike to ask for more money due to the snow!!!! Any state or semi-state service in Ireland is terrible, it always was!!! I honestly think that is part of the problem in the economy at the moment in Ireland. The public servants are over-paid and underworked
Sack them all and re-hire on new T+C's.
Rant over!!!
How wrong you are.. The last date for posting to Australia from Ireland in time for Christmas was December 6th. My sister sent a parcel to me on December 2nd which has still not arrived. When she rang An Post to trace they could tell her that it left London on December 3rd so that's pretty swift service from the dreadful Irish postal service in my opinion!

She checked regularly in the lead up to Christmas and they couldn't give her any other information. In the mean-time I knew of two other people who had sent me parcels, neither of which arrived until after Christmas. I also ordered stuff from amazon on November 17th which didn't arrive until after Christmas.

She spoke to An Post yesterday and was told that they had just been notified by Australia Post that there are at lest 100 bags of mail that came from Ireland "caught up in their system" so they are in the country but haven't been cleared by customs yet.

Now I was always one to rant about An Post back in the day but this service from Australia Post has got to take the biscuit this time..

He gave her a tracking number for me to check with Australia Post and when I did they could tell me that it was received by customs this morning and is waiting to be cleared for delivery.. five weeks and still waiting..

Rant over!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just received a pile of christmas cards. God knows when they were sent but no one's getting any by return, I forgot. My sister has said she's sent a parcel to the girls, I think she sent it around 20th December. May see it sometime around easter.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've just received a pile of christmas cards. God knows when they were sent but no one's getting any by return, I forgot. My sister has said she's sent a parcel to the girls, I think she sent it around 20th December. May see it sometime around easter.
we just got a heap of Xmas cards posted 29th Nov.from Aberdeen , seems they cleared last in first as the ones from Huntly and Craigellichie arrived before Xmas even thou they had Dec. postmarks.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ive also received cards over the last few days.Its too late to put them up now,tree is coming down tomorrow.Ive left the cards in their envelopes and will pull them out this year a few days before Christmas.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Ive also received cards over the last few days.Its too late to put them up now,tree is coming down tomorrow.Ive left the cards in their envelopes and will pull them out this year a few days before Christmas.
Damn, I wish I'd thought of that. I opened them, in the vague hope money would fall out. As soon as I found them empty, they went with the ones that arrived earlier in the bin.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:12 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday we received a Xmas card from the UK posted on Dec 6th. So it took 1 month to get here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.