Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

China Southern? Anyone flown with them?

China Southern? Anyone flown with them?

Old Sep 15th 2013, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light
Default China Southern? Anyone flown with them?

Planning a last minute flight to the UK for Xmas. These guys are one of the cheapest. Fully appreciate that you get what you pay for but can anyone give some first hand experience? As long as they don't kill us I don't mind and they have A380's.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 7:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: China Southern? Anyone flown with them?

Originally Posted by 77hil
Planning a last minute flight to the UK for Xmas. These guys are one of the cheapest. Fully appreciate that you get what you pay for but can anyone give some first hand experience? As long as they don't kill us I don't mind and they have A380's.
They also have the 787 which will be flying between CAN and LHR.

A friend of mine flew to Europe recently on a CZ ticket with the onward flight to Europe operated by Air France - they far preferred CZ!
Old Sep 15th 2013, 7:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
They also have the 787 which will be flying between CAN and LHR.

A friend of mine flew to Europe recently on a CZ ticket with the onward flight to Europe operated by Air France - they far preferred CZ!
Queuing for immigration this morning and was talking to a guy who had just got off the recently arrived CS flight. He was saying that they were okay, not exceptional but not bad either
Old Sep 15th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown Perth - China and China - Vancouver with China Southern and the Perth - China leg was horrid. The toilets were really disgusting by mid-flight (I even told the stewardess that someone had messed up the toilet and her response was to use another toilet... thanks )

The return leg was disrupted due to a cyclone so we got rerouted with Korean Air through Korea instead so that was a relief. I know the weather was beyond their control (obvs) but they had no information, just a "due to a late departure your flight is delayed by 18 hours" Grrrrr. It took them over an hour to rebook us back to Perth, it was nuts.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 11:36 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/c_sthrn.htm
As always, take these reviews with a pinch of salt although there are plenty of airlines with worse write ups than them (the Ryanair comments are always worth a laugh)
Old Sep 15th 2013, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to all for the responses. After chatting to my better half we are now flying direct to Birmingham with Emirates for $1600 more. She assures me it will be worth it.