Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

chepeast transportation

chepeast transportation

Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default chepeast transportation

I am seeing very good deals online for secondhand household stuff. But sellers (private party) have put a condition saying "pickup only". Say I need to bring an old $100 refrigerator home, from a place 15 kms away. Can someone suggest me the cheapest mode (ute/van) which I can hire for 2 hours to go sellers place and bring that stuff to my home.

I may also need help from the van driver in loading and unloading of things (for which I'll tip him). Is it possible within 30-40$ of transportation costs in Melbourne?
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:04 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chepeast transportation

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I am seeing very good deals online for secondhand household stuff. But sellers (private party) have put a condition saying "pickup only". Say I need to bring an old $100 refrigerator home, from a place 15 kms away. Can someone suggest me the cheapest mode (ute/van) which I can hire for 2 hours to go sellers place and bring that stuff to my home.

I may also need help from the van driver in loading and unloading of things (for which I'll tip him). Is it possible within 30-40$ of transportation costs in Melbourne?
How about...
http://www.gogotrailers.com.au/product-range/ute-hire
I'd say that's about as cheap as it gets when it comes to ute hire.

If you are looking for hiring a van with a driver though, that's way more expensive....Typical costs for example :
http://www.manwithavan.com.au
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Thanks mate, rates look competitive for the gogo Hiring men for a petty task seems expensive though, I'll give my friend a shout to provide help in loading.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ask your mates if anyone has a trailer - you might find someone who would do it with you who has their own. Pay for their petrol and give them a bottle of wine - might work out even cheaper.