Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Old May 13th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I agree.

Great posts, great sentiment!!
Old May 13th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto to what billabong has said

footie x
Old May 13th 2004, 4:55 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly.
Old May 13th 2004, 6:07 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Florida_03
I would just like to add...

I cannot believe that people put so much head and so little heart into the decision to emmigrate. They fixate on exchange rates, big houses, pools, weather, lifestyle...they buy all the books, watch all the videos, TV shows, they become obsessed. Some even start building dedicated websites, filling them full of their fantasies. It seems to become more about the process and the expectation and less about themselves and what matters at a personal level.

Those with lots of dosh tend to do better (funny that). Those with less will struggle earlier, they stop fixating and start inquiring of their motives (mostly because they don't have the financial resources to maintain the fixation). In the end, though, they - one and all - will stop with the head and finish with the heart. Some will stay and some will go...but we will all finally find that home is where the heart is...
Crikey........I'm filling up
Old May 13th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe that people put so much head and so little heart into the decision to emmigrate. They fixate on exchange rates, big houses, pools, weather, lifestyle...they buy all the books, watch all the videos, TV shows, they become obsessed. Some even start building dedicated websites, filling them full of their fantasies. It seems to become more about the process and the expectation and less about themselves and what matters at a personal level.

Those with lots of dosh tend to do better (funny that). Those with less will struggle earlier, they stop fixating and start inquiring of their motives (mostly because they don't have the financial resources to maintain the fixation). In the end, though, they - one and all - will stop with the head and finish with the heart. Some will stay and some will go...but we will all finally find that home is where the heart is...

Theres many things in that post, which have crossed my mind too, 'cept I probably would not have posted them so lucidly. Good one Florida.

The journey to get 'the visa' is a long one for many and I can see how the finality and realisation could be a 'come down' for those who require more stress in their lives. Yes, there ARE people like that out there - they like the chase, but are unhappy with the final product and the knuckling down, thereafter.
Old May 13th 2004, 6:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

None...the only one that holds true is...

"Home is where the heart is"
This is a very significant day in the life of the forum. A veritable landmark.

Flo has uttered a deep, sensible and well thought out post which is worthy of everyones attention.

Have you started new medication Flo ? Perhaps I should try some

Perhaps Tom Jones got it right when he sang about "the green, green grass of home" which is really a cross between what polly and Flo are stating.
Old May 13th 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Grayling
This is so true

I suspect that, for many people, the process takes over and getting the visa becomes more important that the reason for the visa in the first place.
It is the excitement of passing each stage of the process that becomes an end in itself.
This is why some people start to worry more when they actually have the visa.
Then practical concerns matter and dreaming has to stop.
Just an observation.

G
Really good post Grayling, the process does take over, and I have to take a step back and remember why we started the crusade.

Sally
Old May 13th 2004, 9:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pukka pom
Really good post Grayling, the process does take over, and I have to take a step back and remember why we started the crusade.

Sally
Sally
I think we are all in the same position.
Scary really:scared:

Best wishes

G
Old May 13th 2004, 9:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post Megs.
Old May 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

To hijack this thread a little: good luck with Palace today Bondipom.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:14 pm

Originally posted by Ulujain
To hijack this thread a little: good luck with Palace today Bondipom.
Cheers Ulujain.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Cheers Ulujain.
What palace?
You're not off to the flippin "royal" wedding thats being shoved down our necks at every oppertunity are you??
Old May 13th 2004, 11:38 pm

Originally posted by hevs
What palace?
You're not off to the flippin "royal" wedding thats being shoved down our necks at every oppertunity are you??
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/3710149.stm

I think Don Pleasance and his hairstylist will be watching the wedding.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:44 pm
ABCDiamond

Wow, Yes, well said

home is where the heart is

Old May 14th 2004, 1:25 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant observations everyone.....you do get sucked in by the excitement of the application rprocess, and i have noticed the odd post when people get the visa that it seems like an anticlimax!
As im now not going, the thought of staying here isnt quite as bad as i first imagined.....i have suddenly had this huge window of opportunity to make plans which are tangible, whereas before the plans i made for life in oz seemed very far and distant dreams, with lots of what ifs thrown in.
It really aint that bad here after all!!

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.