Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Old May 13th 2004, 1:17 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Some of them had enough of the UK already!
Old May 13th 2004, 1:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Check out the " moving back" gang!!!!

Originally posted by plumber
Some of them had enough of the UK already!
Are you getting worried about migrating Plum?

G
Old May 13th 2004, 1:25 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Not really.........done it before!

MOVED TO WALES!!!!
Old May 13th 2004, 1:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Not really.........done it before!

MOVED TO WALES!!!!

G
Old May 13th 2004, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I sometimes wonder how much truth there is in the old saying "the grass is always greener......"
Old May 13th 2004, 1:34 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
I sometimes wonder how much truth there is in the old saying "the grass is always greener......"
None...the only one that holds true is...

"Home is where the heart is"
Old May 13th 2004, 1:43 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Nice one florida...........

oh well , back from my little raid on the darkside!
Old May 13th 2004, 1:52 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one florida...........

oh well , back from my little raid on the darkside!
I would just like to add...

I cannot believe that people put so much head and so little heart into the decision to emmigrate. They fixate on exchange rates, big houses, pools, weather, lifestyle...they buy all the books, watch all the videos, TV shows, they become obsessed. Some even start building dedicated websites, filling them full of their fantasies. It seems to become more about the process and the expectation and less about themselves and what matters at a personal level.

Those with lots of dosh tend to do better (funny that). Those with less will struggle earlier, they stop fixating and start inquiring of their motives (mostly because they don't have the financial resources to maintain the fixation). In the end, though, they - one and all - will stop with the head and finish with the heart. Some will stay and some will go...but we will all finally find that home is where the heart is...
Old May 13th 2004, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Florida, thats very true, home IS where the heart is. Certainly for me, even in the blue moments.
Trouble is, not everyone realises that, and they always think somewhere else must be "better" - even if they can't define "better". I sometimes think some people would never be happy, whereever they were......
Old May 13th 2004, 1:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by Florida_03

I cannot believe that people put so much head and so little heart into the decision to emmigrate. They fixate on exchange rates, big houses, pools, weather, lifestyle...they buy all the books, watch all the videos, TV shows, they become obsessed. Some even start building dedicated websites, filling them full of their fantasies. It seems to become more about the process and the expectation and less about themselves and what matters at a personal level.
This is so true

I suspect that, for many people, the process takes over and getting the visa becomes more important that the reason for the visa in the first place.
It is the excitement of passing each stage of the process that becomes an end in itself.
This is why some people start to worry more when they actually have the visa.
Then practical concerns matter and dreaming has to stop.
Just an observation.

G

Last edited by Grayling; May 13th 2004 at 2:01 pm.
Old May 13th 2004, 1:58 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Those with lots of dosh tend to do better (funny that). Those with less will struggle earlier, they stop fixating and start inquiring of their motives (mostly because they don't have the financial resources to maintain the fixation). In the end, though, they - one and all - will stop with the head and finish with the heart. Some will stay and some will go...but we will all finally find that home is where the heart is...
now there's a post to keep
well said young man
Old May 13th 2004, 2:08 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Some even start building dedicated websites, filling them full of their fantasies. It seems to become more about the process and the expectation and less about themselves and what matters at a personal level.
Too true. Cf The Deadside www.*****.co.uk, I got banned because I was a negative influence (I said NZ doesn't pay as well as the UK).
Old May 13th 2004, 2:22 pm
Next stop Gold coast

I feel dwarfed by intellectual giants.........

wise words people!:lecture:

Last edited by plumber; May 13th 2004 at 2:25 pm.
Old May 13th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Corr blimey, really well written Florida.

Whisky
Old May 13th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Florida, thats very true, home IS where the heart is. Certainly for me, even in the blue moments.
Trouble is, not everyone realises that, and they always think somewhere else must be "better" - even if they can't define "better". I sometimes think some people would never be happy, whereever they were......

Another good comment Polly, whats happening, everyones got their clever heads on.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.