Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is this cheating ?

is this cheating ?

Old May 18th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this cheating ?

Originally Posted by gedge
a thread devoted to the shipping of shoes... what ever next?
A thread devoted just to shoes, and why we love them?
Old May 18th 2007, 2:12 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Am i being naive here? On previous holiday visits we've never been accosted by customs regarding cleanliness of shoes (or any thing else ) on entry into oz.This next visit is on a one way ticket so having read so many negative reports about customs checking the cleanliness of shoes we are thinking about putting all of our footwear into one case (we are going to travel via usa on the 2 piece luggage system so there should be just enough room for er indoors' shoes) and we were wondering what the likelyhoods of being stopped and told we could not bring the shoes into the country because they are not thoroughly cleaned(hence avoiding the cleaning or destroying charges if subject to a dodgy customs official).Anyone done this before ???
No body looked at any of our shoes, entered Australia 4 times now, and have never had my shoes looked at.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:15 am

gedge has disabled reputation

the only time i've ever had my shoes checked whilst returning through customs was in NZ coming from Aus
this was because we had been camping in the outback, they took our shoes/boots and tent and gave them a chemical wash before returning them too us wet

i recall that the immigration card you have to fill out beforehand asks questions like have you been on a farm etc so they know to check your shoes as you go through
Old May 18th 2007, 2:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you tick the form on entry to say that you have been on farms in the last few months, they will probably inspect your shoes, so make sure they don't have clumps of mud stuck to them.
The only time I have seen shoes inspected though is during the UK Foot and Mouth epidemic. At that time everyone entering from the UK had the soles of their shoes disinfected, and all shoes in the cases were done too.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:23 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you tick the form on entry to say that you have been on farms in the last few months, they will probably inspect your shoes, so make sure they don't have clumps of mud stuck to them.
The only time I have seen shoes inspected though is during the UK Foot and Mouth epidemic. At that time everyone entering from the UK had the soles of their shoes disinfected, and all shoes in the cases were done too.
a friend of ours came to vist and her home address was something like "White House Farm..." but she didn't tick the been on farm box... nobody noticed
Old May 18th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I flew to Canada during foot & mouth, they made everyone walk across a disinfectant mat but didn't do anything about the shoes in our cases! What a pointless PR stunt!