Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to get rollin ....a motorcycle?

Cheapest way to get rollin ....a motorcycle?

Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

BeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really nice
Default Re: Cheapest way to get rollin ....a motorcycle?

Originally Posted by DadAgain
You'd be surprised how rarely it does actually rain on you! I commute daily on the bike and by picking my timing in the afternoons I usualy manage to miss the rain (when a storms comes through I check the radar to see whether I need to leave early to beat it - or whether to wait for it to pass, its VERY unusual that rain persists for longer than an hour).

In the last 12 months I've probably put on my wet gear on fewer than a dozen occassions and have ridden in a proper downpour only once.

Weekend riding around here can be superb - theres some fantastically beautiful scenery within a 2hr radius of Brisband and some great twisty mountain roads, some of which are almost defacto biker-tracks at the weekends! (Police are aware and do patrol these areas frequently so go easy on the speed ).
man you making me feel like biking again.

will see. it's been years. I need all sort of training again. would be way cheaper to maintain and run. I used to service my bike myself.

but I may need to transport a bass cabinet.

I am heading to Brisbane area. Gold Coast. I've seen some of those bike vids on youtube. nice mountain touring. looks great.

I like trial bikes. 125cc or 250cc will be fine. 2 strokes would still have more take off power? or have 4 strokes caught up now?

Last edited by BeachBassist; Mar 30th 2009 at 11:51 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:57 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BeachBassist
...but I may need to transport a bass cabinet...
Haa!! You could have trouble there! I used to struggle fitting my 200W TraceElliot amp, 4x10" cabinet and bass into a Vauxhall Astra back in the UK, so unless you rig up a really fancy custom build side-car you could struggle with a bike!

(Apart from anything else a 250cc bike would probably not manage to pull the weight! )

...2 strokes would still have more take off power? or have 4 strokes caught up now?
Dunno much historically about power, but there arent many 2 stroke road-bikes around now, theres an Aprilla 250cc 2 stroke that is known to be very powerful (60bhp so powerful its not approved as a LAMS bike in southern states), but most roadbased 250cc's are inline twins and generate less than 40bhp

Last edited by DadAgain; Mar 31st 2009 at 12:09 am.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

BeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really nice

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Haa!! You could have trouble there! I used to struggle fitting my 200W TraceElliot amp, 4x10" cabinet and bass into a Vauxhall Astra back in the UK, so unless you rig up a really fancy custom build side-car you could struggle with a bike!

(Apart from anything else a 250cc bike would probably not manage to pull the weight! )
haha. true.

I wonder if they still allow RD350's with sidecar to pass for learner bike like used to in the UK.